2000 pt. army, what's wrong with it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

2000 pt. army, what's wrong with it?

I made this list for a 2000 pt. battle on Sunday. While I like each individual choice there is just something about the army as a whole that bothers me. So I am posting it here for all of the experts to examine. Hopefully you can figure out what I am missing. Thanks.

H.Q.: Tyrant w/ Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacs, Venom Cannon, TL-Dev.=149pts.

Tyrant w/ wings, Talons x2, Warp Field=166pts.

Elite: 3 Warriors w/ En. Senses, Tox Sacs, Ext. Car, 1 V. Cannon, 2x Deathspitter=106 pts.

DevilFex w/ 2 TL-Dev, Enh. Sens, flesh hooks=114 pts.

3 Warriors w/ Ex. Cara, leaping, Tox Sacs, Talons x3, Rending Claws x3=114 pts.

Troops: 14 Spinegaunts=70 pts.

2x8 Hormagaunts=160 pts.

3x8 Genestealers w/ Ex. Car.=480 pts.

Fast: 3x1 Ravener w/ Talons & Claws=120 pts.

Heavy: 3 Zoanthropes w/ Synapse & Warp Blast=195 pts.

2 SniperFex w/ En. Sens., V. Cannon, B. Strang, Rein, Chitin, =326 pts.

So it is 2000pts. on the nose with 71 models including 5 TMC's. For some reason it just doesn't feel right. I will be facing I.G., or Tau, or Eldar. Thanks in advance for all comments and criticisms.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Tyrant w/ Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacs, Venom Cannon, TL-Dev.=149pts.
    A barbed strangler instead of the devourers might be better that way you don't have to get so close to shoot.

Tyrant w/ wings, Talons x2, Warp Field=166pts.
    Some enhancements to make this guy slightly stronger, toxic miasma, can't remember if that's available for tyrants. Codex isn't handy at the moment.

3 Warriors w/ Ex. Cara, leaping, Tox Sacs, Talons x3, Rending Claws x3=114 pts.
    You don't need toxin sacs on these guys, they have plenty of attacks, mixed with the rending that they should be able to kill off a few models, or enough to win combat.

So it is 2000pts. on the nose with 71 models including 5 TMC's. For some reason it just doesn't feel right. I will be facing I.G., or Tau, or Eldar. Thanks in advance for all comments and criticisms.
    What was your previous army? The list looks fine, I think the problem with it if anything is your trying to mix horde and nidzilla together, and your not devoting enough to either army to really get the right effect across, or to get the balance right.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x2)

A barbed strangler instead of the devourers might be better that way you don't have to get so close to shoot.
    I ususally do use the strangler but I wanted to try out the devourer to maximize the shots.

Some enhancements to make this guy slightly stronger, toxic miasma, can't remember if that's available for tyrants. Codex isn't handy at the moment.
    I have found that this guy is always target priority #1 and rarely lasts longer than turn 3. So I try to make him cheap but still effective. I may lose the warp field as well as it really hasn't helped much so far.

You don't need toxin sacs on these guys, they have plenty of attacks, mixed with the rending that they should be able to kill off a few models, or enough to win combat.
    I think I threw these on because I had a few extra points.

What was your previous army? The list looks fine, I think the problem with it if anything is your trying to mix horde and nidzilla together, and your not devoting enough to either army to really get the right effect across, or to get the balance right.
    My previous army was 1500 pts. so this is an extension of it. I think that is why it doesn't feel right. I should probably start from scratch and build it up. I think that you are right with the nidzilla vs. swarm but I was trying for balance. Maybe it is too far one way or the other. Thanks for the input. I look forward to more comments.

+ Reply to Thread