1500 army please give feedback - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 army please give feedback

This is my 6th version of my army list. I plan to call it ….(drumroll), HIVE FLEET SCYTHA or CERBERUS (still haven’t decided….maybe jormungand?) Please give me some feedback so I can finish it.

HQ:
    5 Warriors w/ rending claws, leaping, scything talons, toxin sacs, extended carapaces: 190

Troops:
    (I have two options)
    4 broods of 8 Hormagaunts w/ adrenal glands: 384
    &
    2 broods of 8 Genestealers:256

Or

5 broods of 8 Genestealers
    Both options total to: 640

Fast Attack:
    5 Warriors w/ winged, rending claws, scything talons: 205

Heavy Support:
    1 Carnifex w/ enhanced senses, venom cannon, scything talons: 136
    1 Carnifex w/ enhanced senses, barbed strangler, scything talons: 121
    3 Zoanthrope w/ warp blast, synapse creature: 195

This army consists of a deadly assault force backed by heavy firepower. Genestealers hunt out armor such as space marines or necrons, while Hormagaunts swarm weaker prey. I realized how slow my screamer-killer Carnifex was in comparison to the rest of my army of leaping bugs. It wouldn’t get a chance to engage my opponent until turn 5 or 6. Most of the time it was killed trying to chase skimmers like a dog chasing traffic. My new fex’s can now kill in close combat and rain acidic death until they get there. My flying warriors are here to basically harass the enemy until the rest of my army arrives and provide some forward synapse.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ:
    5 Warriors w/ rending claws, leaping, scything talons, toxin sacs, extended carapaces: 190

I don't think you would need 5 snypases with your current set-up. You might want to drop the Zoanthropes for a tyrant (assault or shooting) You could add a good shooting Tyrant (En.Senses,TS, BS, VC,) at 157pts

Troops:
    (I have two options)
    4 broods of 8 Hormagaunts w/ adrenal glands: 384
    &
    2 broods of 8 Genestealers:256

Or

5 broods of 8 Genestealers
    Both options total to: 640

Haha, I'm not sure how effective 40 stealers will be, but you are going to scare anyone with pupils. People won't be able to kill these fast enough ). I'd probably perfer the all genestealer configuration over hormagaunts, (dislike Horms, low Sv, low Str, Like Rending always).

Fast Attack:
    5 Warriors w/ winged, rending claws, scything talons: 205

Haven't used before so idk, but if you run hormagaunts they would be useful to keep the 12" charging Hormies in synapse.

Heavy Support:
    1 Carnifex w/ enhanced senses, venom cannon, scything talons: 136
    1 Carnifex w/ enhanced senses, barbed strangler, scything talons: 121
    3 Zoanthrope w/ warp blast, synapse creature: 195

Don't Multi-task Carnifexes. (either 2 ranged weapons or 2 melee weapons) From what you have now I would use 2 carnifexes each with Enhanced Senses, Barbed Strangler, and Venom Cannons. (at 148pts ea.)

The set-up I'm proposing gives you some more range coverage, because eventhough I had used to like warp blast, on a BS 3 creature it just doesn't hit often enough and doesn't get many shots because the range.

That many Genestealers should attract ALL the fire, but the small units should make it difficult, and 3 barbed stranglers take massive tolls on enemy squads.

Hope this helps. GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must agree with and reinforce Enjoi_Tyranids points on the carnifex alterations.

I learnt the hard way that having dual role carnifex doesn't work, I didn't visit any websites or talk to anyone and set my fex up as dual role (crushing claws and barbed strnagler)....he hasn't been effective at all, I jumped on here and had a good read, so I pulled the crushing claws off and put a venom cannon on him, and now he is a dominating MVP for many games

It is much more effective to equip them with a Barbed strangler and Venom Cannon, or else your wasting some of their potential every turn.

As for CC equipped carnifex, I find them too slow so have a CC winged Tyrant as my MC CC beast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help here's version 2

HQ:
    HIve Tyrant w/ winged, talons, talons, warp blast, toxin sacs: 163

5 Warriors w/scything talons, rending claws, leaping, extended carapace, toxin sacs: 190
    Troops:
    5 broods of 8 genestealers: 640

Heavy support:
    2 Carnifex w/ senses, barbed strangler, venom cannon: 296 (thanks for the idea)

2 zoanthrope w/ warp blast, synapse creature: 130

Total: 1419
    Last edited by blarg-roar; August 20th, 2007 at 22:13.

Master of the Universe BIGphil22X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Looks good... I'm going to be posting my army up soon, and lol, I thought that Hive Fleet Cerberus was so original, then I see your post, and my soul is crushed. Maybe I'll find a new name, or maybe there will just be 2 really good hive fleet cerberus'. And I agree on the CC Flyrant being better than the CC Fex.
    "Sanguine, my brother."

+ Reply to Thread