Welcome to Librarium Online!
So i have a bunch of ork models lying around from my early days (poorly painted too) so i took a handful of items that i knew i could repaint and fix up, so i decided to make a cult of speed list. Its a friendly list, so Anyways here it is, 1000 points:Warboss Wurzbang’s Cult of Speed
- Warboss, Power Claw, Slugga, ‘Eavy Armor (94 pts)
Heavy Support –
- Red Skwad, 9 Trukk boyz w/ Slugga and Choppas, 1 burna, 1 Nob, Power Claw, Slugga, Wartrukk, Grot Riggers, Red Paint Job (168 pts)
- Blue Skwad, 9 Trukk Boyz w/ Slugga and Choppas, 1 Burna, 1 Nob, Power Claw, Slugga, Wartrukk, Grot Riggers (165 pts)
- Yellow Skwad, 9 Trukk Boyz w/ Slugga and Choppas, 1 Burna, 1 Nob, Power Claw, Slugga, Wartrukk, Grot Riggers (165 pts)
- Orange Skwad, 9 Trukk Boyz w/ Slugga and Choppas, 1 Burna, Wartrukk, Grot Riggers (120 pts) * Warboss Rides Here
- Warbuggie Squad, 1 Buggie, Twin-Linked Rokkit Launcha (40 Pts)
- Warbuggie Squad, 2 Buggies, Twin-Linked Rokkit Launchas (80 Pts)
Total Points: 993
- Looted Leman Russ Battle Tank, Hull Heavy Bolter, Armor Plates (155 pts)
Total Models: 46
Total Vehicles: 8
Warhammer Fantasy Battle -
Strigoi Vampire Counts 2000 Points
Goblins 500 Points
Warhammer 40 000 -
Dark Eldar 2000 Points
Space Orks 1000 Points
Imperial Guard (In Progress)
Last edited by Doomwaker; September 3rd, 2007 at 15:24.
It looks like a solid fast list, but there are a couple of things that let it down.
1)although you have alot of power claws and a couple of rokkits, there is a distinct scarcity of real power to deal with massed vehicles and infantry. If you are held up by a good turn of pinning shooting or anti-tank shooting, you could lose up to even 3-4 wartrukks in the first turn, which could severly harm your chances of winning a game.
2) Facing an army that uses intelligent fire discipline and cover in their tactics, you could find that your boyz are caught in large, elaborate fire traps encorporating 1 unit or your whole army. Although this is unlikely, it is something to be wary of when using this force.
Despite these, you have also have alot of positives:
1)You've gone full hog and mounted everything in your army, instead of going half and make a mediorce list. Burnas in every squad can be the bane of armoured infantry and tanks, also just fire them on the turn you charge to kill off a few and then krump 'em with the boyz.
2) That Looted Russ will be great, firing off the Battlecannon in aid of your advancing troops. Kill a few models in the first couple of turns, and it could become a valuble fire magnet, once again lightening the load on the trukks. 14 front armour, if i'm not mistaken, is great for fending off heavy weapons.
Well, thats my thoughts, happy playing!