Army list 1000 Ptns, rate it - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army list 1000 Ptns, rate it

Fast Attack

3 x Ravener : Rending + Scything Talons = 120
    ( 3 units )

Troops

20x gaunts with Fleshborers = 108

10x hormagaunts = 80

6x Genestealers EC + flesh books = 126

HQ

3x Warriors
    Adrenal Glands I + WS
    Flesh hooks
    EC
    leaping
    TS
    Scyting talons + RC
    = 135

Hive Tyrant
    ES + VC + BS + TS + Tyrant Guard = 202

Heavy Support

Zoanthrope + synapse + warp blast = 65

Carnifex + adrenal glands I + 1T +1W + spine banks + 2x ST = 147

Let me know what you think about it,
    Also I was thinking about swapping the BS on the Hive tyrant for a set of Devourers.

Also should I change the fex to Dakke fex or a BS + Devourer combo ?

Hive Fleet Lucanus : 2000 points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wundagore View Post
    Fast Attack

( 3 units )

like it.

Troops

Split this into 2 broods

10x hormagaunts = 80

this would actually be 100pts (but you might want to consider running spinegaunts instead, to give you 16 at 80pts.)

I wouldn't make this small a unit cost so many pts. (as you know stealers draw ALOT of fire so, you may want to go for more stealers rather.)

HQ

3x Warriors
    Adrenal Glands I + WS
    Flesh hooks
    EC
    leaping
    TS
    Scyting talons + RC
    = 135

Normally don't run them with as many biomorphs, but I understand why you would.

Hive Tyrant

like the shooters.

Heavy Support

I have mixed feelings about Zoanthropes w/warpblast. The short range limits the amount of attacks you will have and at BS3 you will only be hitting half the time at best any way. Psychic scream is also a good choice

Well at a 148pts you can get a snipfex, and I just love'em. (since they are slow you might want to just go with a shooter.)

Let me know what you think about it,
    Also I was thinking about swapping the BS on the Hive tyrant for a set of Devourers.

I wouldn't do this because the disparity in range and because venom cannons and devourers serve such different purposes. (anti-tank vrs. anti-infantry) Barbed strangler devourer combo might make more sense.

Also should I change the fex to Dakke fex or a BS + Devourer combo ?

Hope any of that helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, thanks for the advice, wasn't really sure about my Tyrant.

and yes I loaded up the warriors because I had the extra points. moar gauntz!

and the genestealers never make combat as a whole, usually one or 2 but that's good enough usually.

the carnifex on the other hand has made combat once, just to be counter charged by a Grey Knight grandmaster. woop ti do.

I think I might remoddel it when I get my brake fluids here. My army lacks some shooting units

Hive Fleet Lucanus : 2000 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Wundagore View Post
    Fast Attack

( 3 units )
    fine for what they are. they fit your list and give you more scoring units. If you decide on more shootiness, drop 1 or all 3 for some bioacid smc to kill armour and add to your pinning chances.
    Troops

either 2 units of 10, or I would prefer 3 units of 8. If you are playing in a tourney, go 2 units of without number so you can take objectives. And yeah, I personally prefer FG over SG so you can kill armour 10 skimmers and such.
    10x hormagaunts = 80
    as noted, wrong point cost. They fit with your army but are gonna get shot to pieces right before your GS die horribly. Not a bad unit, but I prefer to either load up on the fast stuff, or take none, so I'm not outdistancing my backup units.
    personally, I don't like. Run 'em naked. 96 points. or better yet, 2 min squads to draw fire, and use cover.
    HQ

3x Warriors
    Adrenal Glands I + WS
    Flesh hooks
    EC
    leaping
    TS
    Scyting talons + RC
    = 135
    wow that's a lot of points. add more warriors, drop leaping, drop FH, and TS, and AGs. RCs, STs and EC if you don't have enough cover on the board are all that you need on this unit. Buy another unit of these or fill this unit out with the points diff.

Hive Tyrant
    what I usually run, but he doesn't really fit in your list. You are running a fast CC list, and then you have a unit that sits back and shoots. either give him wings and 2st or 2 devs, or play a more shooty list with BS on your warriors.

Heavy Support

not bad. If up front they will draw fire too, plus can kill your enemy tanks if needed. also should help with synapse unless you go another unit of warriors, in which case drop synapse and add in another zo with WB.
    fun, but will never make it into CC. Hate to say it but either do the dakka fex or the sub sniper. If points allow it, go the full Sniper fex (16.

A more shooty list would be:
    2 min squads of termagaunts-2 returning scoring units that force priority checks to shoot past, and can kill skimmers.
    2 min squads of stealers- to draw fire away from your warriors and on the odd chance they survive, to eat stuff.
    2-4 squads of warriors with barbed strangler, ES, TS, , RCs, and spinefists. Keep them in cover and you can move these up behind your GS and gaunts. Synapse for everyone and rending in CC=)
    HT with bs, es, vc-with just these, you'll be less likely to be shot to death, plus you avoid spending 90+ points on ablative wounds when you can spend another 20 points and get a whole nother HT with gun lay out.
    up to 3 zoes with pscream if points allow, but wblast no matter-anti tank and can help your gaunts in CC, along with warriors, and can soak up the fire.
    carnies-depending on points and intent, either the dakka lay out or the sniper fex. barebone sniper runs you 148. 2 of these are awesome in cover.
    3*1 bioacid smc-in case they have IDF/barrage stuff and to add to the pinning and target priority checks=)

Just stand at 25" inches and shoot the hell out of them. place your units so that 50+% are in cover so you all get cover saves.
    If they do the static fire line, stand back and wait with your GS and gaunts. rush forward last turn or two to take objectives, but otherwise let them swap a LC shot and a few HBs for your 5-10 pinning shots that most have large blasts.

Or go more CC oriented, and go warriors with rc and st
    HT with wings and 2 devs
    several GS squads with nothing on them
    several gaunt squads (to run in front of GS and force priority checks.
    raveners
    lictors

Run forward and feast=)

Good luck, no matter which way you choose to play=)
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

+ Reply to Thread