New to nids 1k list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to nids 1k list

1k army Nid

Hello Im new to playing Nids..I have played SM(BA) and Necrons. Both my armies were sold by a vengful xwife
    so im picking it back up. I have alwasy hated playing against nids when I was a cron and found it a tough battle
    with blood angels. So I have ordered a few things nib off ebay and wanting to know if my idea for a heavy assualt
    with backing heavy fire power army is a good one....

what im seeing is my tyrant and the broods move fast into or behind cover then launch a massive assualt on the core of thier army
    mean while warriors and and fex will move forward blasting the whole way weakening heavy guns and or tanks..

Hive tyrant(2x SC,WF,AM,AG(I),AG(WS),TM,WINGED)=201

Tyranid warrior 3x(AG(I),AG(WS),ES,EC,Leaping,TS,Twin linked deathspitters)

Gaunt Brood 12x(AG(i),AG(wS),EC,Spinefist)=96
    Gaunt Brood 12x(AG(i),AG(wS),EC,Spinefist)=96
    Geenstealer 10x(EC,SC,RC)=240

Carnifex1x(ST,BE,ES,EC,RC,TS,Venom Cannon)=202

My other varrient is replace the Warriors with two lichtors but the lose of my tyrant would cause the army to fall apart

if you have any suggestions pls Im all ear and would really like some general strats army comps as well as nifty tricks..
    If possible pls list builds good for SM,CSM,TAU,NECRONS,and IG...THx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, Im also pretty new to nids, but this is what is IMO. it looks pretty good to me, but the gaunts would do better in 3 broods of 8 i think. and the carnifex is a little expensive, he wont see combat everytime, so a sniperfex might be able to do the same thing while being less expensive (ES VC BS, plus whatever defensive bios) welcome to nids they are a great race from what ive seen/heard so far.

loves purple tyranids SGluciousa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

HEY HEY Welcome! Reaver is right, a sniperfex is the best way to go. Your warriors dont need leaping if they are to sit back and help the carnifex. Your Hive Tyrant could use dual deathspitters. I do like your choice of troops, there not bad. However, I think that you need to make your carnifex solitary and make leaping/winged warrors with ST, RC, toxin sacs,....the like. Your spinegaunts are overly expensive. Make them naked and get more of them. And with the extra points get a ravener.
    The Great Plague meets The Devourer of The Galaxy. What does that make us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx...I was toying with the sniper flex concept but Im unsure of how the BS really works I know back in the day it used the barage rule but not sure now tried looking it up and found very little info..So far all I know is it uses a blast template which in all honesty at max is 4 figs which isnt bad, more so if ork or getting them to bunch up in a pass......

I made this list using some aspects of BA army comp and methods.. Swarm fast moving assualt units while backed by some firepower. I have used this method before to take out SM csm ig eldar necrons and even orkz...Nids on the other hand I eat a fat one and spend most of the time laying down multi ac rounds from 2 tanks and one termie squad then unleasing a lcpred onto the carnifex...then wait till they are close enough then assualt and sweep death company normaly spear headin the assualt and with the new rules would be even more deadly....

I was considering posting up some 2k ideas as I love playing with that many points but since Im unsure of mechanics and stat for these I decided not to...Plus not wanting to pay 39 for AB...anyone know another program that will work....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so I took what was said and I re tooled it some what...Im looking at the list and the lack of protection does worry me but numbers vs armour I guess is the methodology.....so here are the suggestions you posted put into the list let me know what you think

Hive tyrant(Winged,TS,ES,AG(ws) 2xtldeathspitter)=216

Warriors 4x(Winged, AGI,AGWS,TS,RC,ST)184

Gaunts 8x spinefist=40
    Gaunts 8x spinefist=40
    Gaunts 8x spinefist=40

Genestealer 10x(ST,EC)=240
    spinerfex 1x(VC,BS,BE,ES,EC,REGEN,RefCHit)=238

loves purple tyranids SGluciousa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Sorry I said something wrong. I meant twin linked devourers on your flyrant. Your Carni is way to jacked up. All he needs is enhanced senses, venom cannon, barbed strangler, and extended carapace or reinforced chitin. With those fourty points saved you can tke another squad of eight spineys. Now I like your list much better. Tell me how the first game goes please.
    The Great Plague meets The Devourer of The Galaxy. What does that make us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm perhaps but I was working on the notion of surviability...Necron in me Now with this list I will go and get what I need the gaunts and genestealers I have just need warriors and the big bugs...will be good so figure about 100 bucks via ebay to get some more stuff plus massive amounts of paints be sweet....Also explain the BS TO ME

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New list using suggestions and my own personal ideas hope this works

Hive tyrant (winged, 2x tl devours,Es,AGw,WF)192

Gaunts 8x spinefist=40
    Gaunts 8x spinefist=40
    Gaunts 8x spinefist=40
    Gaunts 8x spinefist=40

Sniperfex(VC,BS,ES,EC,REGEN,Reinforce CHit)=218

Total points =994
    total figures 47

From what im seeing here I will have a huge assualt force made up of little guys this will allow my Hive tyrannt and Sniperfex to laydown some serious pain and get up close and personal as well as the warriors.....depending on terrain and what not I can see this army mowing through all but orkz and starcannon heavy eldar...Sm with heavy cannons may cause me issues...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this isnt anything important, but you could put flesh hooks on your fex for just 1 point and you have 3 extra so if you wanted to you could do that, might come in handy some day? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so I took the list

Hive tyrant (winged, 2x tl devours,Es,AGw,WF)192

Gaunts 8x spinefist=40
    Gaunts 8x spinefist=40
    Gaunts 8x spinefist=40
    Gaunts 8x spinefist=40

Sniperfex(VC,BS,ES,EC,REGEN,Reinforce CHit)=218

And since mine is still well under developement and Im a tad bit a perfectionist may take a bit, so used my friends...

I played against a vanilla marine player here is his list
    Capt.(ADa MAntle,Iron halo,Bionics,MCPLASMA pistol,power sword,Artificer armour.)
    2x 10 man tac with missles
    1x 10man assualt
    1xpredator with full lascanon load out.

Now I know this army wasnt geared against fighting my nids in all honesty it scream Necron killer...Hmmm should have told him he would be facing something new..OH well...

So turn one He moves forward his predatory trying to get to the right flanks and away from my flex..his assualt unit and tacticles move foward as well no shots taken.. My turn I move my flex up and begin picking away the assualt squads.. BS AND VC RESULT in half the squad dead...I heart gun flex..rest of the army minus the Genestealers move into cover and towards the bulk of marines...Turn two he begins shooting gaunts warriors 1 squad of gaunts toast another hurt...Tank moves closer shoots at the Genestealers...THank god for fcover save 1 lost. MY turn Assualt squad taken out by HT using massive shooting. Canifex nails the tank once takes out twin linked lascannon. Gaunts move into assualt range and assualt another squad gone 4 marines gone. Genestealers tear open tank and consolidat back towards the fighting. Warriors move close cant assualt. Turn three he kills more gaunts but still locked up. Warriors assualt stealers move closer still no assualt 4 more marines fall.. down to 16 gaunts total...
    Turn 4 lose 6 gaunts 3 marines go down Stealers and Warriors take out the rest of the marines.... over 50% of my points where left...

Now I know he wast fitted to take out nids if he was he would have been heavy bolter heavy thus keeping out of assualt but he wasnt..the came wasnt balance or fair but considering your average player doesnt know jack about game mechanics you will be able to exploit many weak points...Still a good cron army would have nuked the hell out of this army.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast