advice for new nids army 1000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

advice for new nids army 1000pts

I know, I know not another one of these. However, any advice would be very much apriciated. I'm completly new to nids my previous army being sm so tactical advice would be nice too.

Hive tyrant-AG(I),AG(WS),ES,Scything,Barb-120
    3 Warriors-EC,ES, 2xDeaths,Venom, 3xScything-100
    3 Warriors-EC,ES,AG(WS), 2xdevs,Death,scything-93

8 genestealers- 128
    8 spinegaunts-40
    8 spinegaunts-40
    8 spinegaunts-40
    8 spinegaunts-40
    12 hormogaunts-120

Carnifex-ES,RC,Venom,Barb-168
    2 zoanthropes-warp blast-110

total=999pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not a bad list so to speak but here is my view on it being a sm/necron player as well...Even my necrons at 1k could shrug this off....the thrope wont do much good against sv3 armies and your core assualt unit of GS is under powered and could use the extra biomorphs to stay in the fight longer...Your army seems pretty heavy shooty. This could be good in some cases but with all your synapse creatures being slow movers and not able to keep up with your horde of cc gaunts you are looking at a huge problem of LD testing around turn 3. My suggestions are as follow....Wing your HT so he can keep up with the assuat units as well as wing a warrior squad and give them all cc weapons..Drop the throaps and the hormo, Bulk up your genestealers number as well as survivability EC. If you have any left over points infest them in the HT and the Carnifex....BTW what is the HT warp power....???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necromagus is right it's not a solid list.
    You do not need the warriors. I think you should make the tyrant a flyrant with 2 sets of devourers. This will cause alot of pain for the enemy. I'd drop the warriors for a second tyrant with devourers as well. This means your tyrants will be firing 24 shots a turn hitting on 3s with re rolls and wounding on 3s with re rolls as well as providing synapse. I'd then drop the hormaguants and a squad or two of spine gaunts for another squad of stealers. Both of the stealer squads should be equipped with extended carapace. These 2 units will be the ones that win you the game. Once they reach combat they are near unstoppable unless up against nasty initiative 6 characters. the sniper fex how ever looks good and the thropes are good as well. I have to disagree with necromagus about the thropes though they kill sv3+ models easily. I'd keep them but give them synapse creature for extra synapse or pychic scream to make LD hard. A marines LD of 8 just got pulled down to 6. This how I'd do things though so if you want to do it differently thats cool as its you playing not me.

Tactical advice is as follows( keeping in mind I'm using the list you've got now):
    The fex should be placed in central position this allows it to shoot from turn one.
    Two of the spinegaunt squads should be placed in the center with the other two on either side.
    The thropes should be placed ahead of the fex on either side.
    The stealers should be placed behind cover out of sight on one of the sides. This allows you to flank the enemies shooty units.
    The tyrant should be placed with the central gaunts.
    The warriors with the other two squads.
    The hormagaunts should be upfront with the central spinegaunts.
    I won't tell you how to play this force because its your list so you should learn how to play it yourself. This will develop your skills at warhammer and how to play other nid armies. Besides everyone style of play is different.
    Never broken, Never fallen, Courage out of fear.
    "Those who give up often do not realize just how close they are to success when they give up."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm perhaps your right about the thropes, however my standard list for both Sn and crons uses alot of fire power...I could spend 3 turns and whipe out all the thropes with my HDS...and yes I use three...However I can see your logic in using a second HT...But not so sure on the Thropes...In all honesty the Gunfex is more then enough in my experience as a sm and cron player to mess things up my 4 fexes are still being assembled and what not so I have yet to use them in any great sense, however being on the other side of the board gives me the wisdom to know that they are leathal....the only reason I would have the thropes is for falling back and reforming...Im gonna to some proxy testing or just use my friends army at the store see what I can come up with.....

Hmmm you know the thropes may just have a purpose.

+ Reply to Thread