2800 point Ork Waagh (armageddon rules)- Freindly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2800 point Ork Waagh (apocalypse rules)- Freindly

Hi, I started wh40k a while ago, but then stopped, and then started again, so im not quite up to date with the latest rulebook, but im pretty close. I used to collect orks, then I sold most of them, and now am collecting them again. Ok, anyway too much talk, heres my list. Any comments/suggestions, are welcome and appreciated (even if you hate my list for its lameness or whatever ).

Here goes.

HQ

Ghazkghull Thrakka,
    226pts

with warboss retinue (warboss, 5 nobz 2 mekboyz, and a mad dok), all wtih 'eavy armour, and mainly 'uge choppaz and sluggas, but also waagh banner, bosspoles, kustom forcefield, and a super stikkbomb (for the meks), docs tools, dirty syringe, and a whole host of other random (and very orky) upgrades, all legal (i think),
    446pts

all mounted in wartrukk (with red paint, armour plates, etc.)
    48pts

Elites

4 Ork Kommandoz with nob (ammo runt, 'eavy armour etc.),
    124pts

Troops

14 Slugga Boyz
    126pts

14 shoota boyz with 2 bigshootaz (mounted in battlewagon*)
    128 pts

14 gretchins with slaver (grabba stik, squighound)

Fast Attack

5 Warbikes

3 Warbuggies/trakks (one with skorcha) + upgrades
    176pts

10 trukk boyz + trukk (half slugga, half shoota)
    90pts

90pts

Heavy Suppoert
    3 Lobbaz with krew
    180pts

Ork Dread with Rokkit launcha, big shoota and armour plates
    93pts

3 Killer Kanz with armour plates, 2 rokkit launchas, and 1 big shoota

Looted Leman Russ with heavy bolter sponsons, lascannon, armour plates, red paint job, grot riggers, reinforced ram, turbo boosta, stikkbomb chucka
    193pts

Battlewagon ('kustom made ofcourse ) with 5 Bolt on Big Shootas, Kannon + 2 twin-linked big shootsz, Stikkbomb Chucka, Grot Riggers, Armour Plates, Wrecker Ball, Big Grabber, Reinforced Ram, Red Paint Job, Turbo Boosta (and 16 boyz ontop, 2 with big shootaz*)

Total points:

...Ok, so my tactics (i hope) will be flexible with this list in apocalypse (extra heavy support and fast attack whoo! My main hope ofcourse is that my battlewagon (front armour 14) will get close enough to pummel any large troop infestations with lets see... 9 big shootaz (two with re-rolls), 1 kannon (frag shell mostly), and ofcourse 12 other regular shootas (52 shots total, and 6 possible re-roll), but it wont be defenceless against tanks either, with its kannon (krak), 3 tank close-combat weapons, and 9 big shootas. Then ofcourse it could just call in its leman russ support, and any tagging killer kanz and dreads (if they can keep up). Sorry... getting excited about my battle plan against my friend there lol... anyway, i have room for a possible 200 extra points of orky stuff, i'm aiming for 3000,

If you read this all, please tell me what you think. Be as harsh or appraising as you please (preferably appraising ofcourse )

Last edited by Smurph; September 2nd, 2007 at 17:39.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let me see what we have here

Ghazkghull Thrakka,
    226pts

fine

with warboss retinue (warboss, 5 nobz 2 mekboyz, and a mad dok), all wtih 'eavy armour, and mainly 'uge choppaz and sluggas, but also waagh banner, bosspoles, kustom forcefield, and a super stikkbomb (for the meks), docs tools, dirty syringe, and a whole host of other random (and very orky) upgrades, all legal (i think),

right firstly i dont tink uge choppas are any good get powerclaws or suggas, do use the waagh banner either, the urty syringe is useles aswell use the points elsewhere

48pts
    no grot rigger for 2pts thier a steal

124pts

get a rokkit launcher for the group and a powerclaw for the nob you might want to get a bigger group, up to you

14 Slugga Boyz
    126pts

special weapons and nob with powerclaw???

128 pts
    max special weapons,nob with powerclaw

get rid of grabba stik and give either powerclaw or rokkit launcher or maybe a bigger screen

5 Warbikes
    dont use bikes, they are a bit fragile

176pts

good, upgrdes meaning armour plates etc??

90pts

90pts
    good but dont you want a nob to lead it with powerclaw

93pts
    good

great unit, maybe have all same weapons

3 Lobbaz with krew
    180pts
    dont use these so cant give advice

Looted Leman Russ with heavy bolter sponsons, lascannon, armour plates, red paint job, grot riggers, reinforced ram, turbo boosta, stikkbomb chucka
    i have only weapons and armour plates and grot riggers

Battlewagon ('kustom made ofcourse ) with 5 Bolt on Big Shootas, Kannon + 2 twin-linked big shootsz, Stikkbomb Chucka, Grot Riggers, Armour Plates, Wrecker Ball, Big Grabber, Reinforced Ram, Red Paint Job, Turbo Boosta (and 16 boyz ontop, 2 with big shootaz*)
    like the leamn russ i onlychoose those upgraes

are you follwoing the force organisation chart because thye are only 3 heavy supports
    some good choices you may want to give the boyz some nobs and may want to reduce amount of points spent on your vehicles but good:happy:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let me see what we have here

Ghazkghull Thrakka,
    226pts

fine

right firstly i dont tink uge choppas are any good get powerclaws or suggas, do use the waagh banner either, the urty syringe is useles aswell use the points elsewhere

48pts
    no grot rigger for 2pts thier a steal

124pts

get a rokkit launcher for the group and a powerclaw for the nob you might want to get a bigger group, up to you

14 Slugga Boyz
    126pts

special weapons and nob with powerclaw???

128 pts
    max special weapons,nob with powerclaw

get rid of grabba stik and give either powerclaw or rokkit launcher or maybe a bigger screen

5 Warbikes
    dont use bikes, they are a bit fragile

176pts

good, upgrdes meaning armour plates etc??

90pts

90pts
    good but dont you want a nob to lead it with powerclaw

93pts
    good

great unit, maybe have all same weapons

3 Lobbaz with krew
    180pts
    dont use these so cant give advice

i have only weapons and armour plates and grot riggers

like the leamn russ i onlychoose those upgraes

are you follwoing the force organisation chart because thye are only 3 heavy supports
    some good choices you may want to give the boyz some nobs and may want to reduce amount of points spent on your vehicles but good:happy:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sabres5678 View Post

Thanks matey . I will definatly add some nobz to each squad and make sure they have power claws. All good advice thanks :happy:. Yeah... the force organisation will be ok in the new apocalypse i think? Its meant to be non-limiting, but minimum 3000 points or something, have to wait till it comes out anyways . All the things you said were very helpful, thanks again ;Y.

+ Reply to Thread