1500 pt mech tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt mech tau

This is my first 1500 pt mech list as im rebuilding my Tau after starting off as a static player, but hated it so i'm repainting my army and only playing with painted stuff (1000pts), except when working out what to buy!!! anyway here goes...

HQ

shas'el
    FP/MP (either one depends on game)
    PR
    TA
    h/w MT @ 97pts

shas'el
    FP/MP (either one depends on game)
    PR
    TA
    h/w MT @ 97pts

Elites

2 Deathrains (with TA) @ 106 pts

2 Deathrains (with TA) @ 106 pts

2 fireknifes/ helios (smae price)
    1 team leader with TA + H/W MT
    1 MT @ 139 pts

Troops

10 fire warrios
    -Fish o' fury (with DL) @ 210 pts

9fire warrios
    -Fish o' fury (with DL) @ 200 pts

Fast attack

Pirahna
    FB + targetting array @ 70 pts

Heavy =]

Railhead
    burst cannons
    DL + TL +MT @ 170 pts

Railhead
    burst cannons
    DL + TL +MT @ 170 pts

IonHead
    burst cannons
    Tl + DP+ MT @ 135 pts

ok so went for an ionhead over a skyrail because of lack of markerlihts, by the way my suits are all fully magnatised so i pick either the fusion blaster or missilepod each game.

All thoughts and suggestions are welcome

cheers

ben

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

The only thing missing from that list is Markerlights. Otherwise it's a pretty decent set-up which should do ok.

It really would benefit from MLs though.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Striving for the right Ravenscraig's Avatar
    In exile on Earth - currently in Glasgow, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by toastedtoad View Post

ok so went for an ionhead over a skyrail because of lack of markerlihts
    E. is spot on - it's certainly a well balanced list, but it has no markerlights and that small omission can be the difference between defeat and victory. Think of the difference of one of your squads of FW firing at close range at BS5 as opposed to 3, or your RH firing it's railgun when you need a critical hit and you're doing that at BS5 as opposed to 4. Given that it's going to be difficult to get any usable markerlights anywhere else due to points considerations (your only real alternatives with infantry types is a squad of Stelthsuits or a Pathfinder squad, each of which can be a bit pricey), I'd be tempted to drop the Ionhead and take a Skyray, which will give you a couple of good networked MLs at a reasonable BS too (if you take the TA upgrade!).

Think your Skyray as a highly mobile and well-armoured twin BS4 markerlight platform that also has a handful of seeker missiles as a bonus. If you use it as a ML platform, you'll still get the chance to fire seekers as and when you need to, but I think it's better used as a way of enhancing your other troops firepower than merely as a missile delivery system. I've had more success using it this way than as a missile boat so you might want to consider giving it a try too.

~ Ravenscraig ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99% of this list is spot on to me. The TLs on the tanks is a debate that can go round and round, if you like it, stick with it though.

The only real comments I have are:
    1) Like everyone else, the lack of markerlight makes me a sad panda. This list might be a candidate for the stealth suit ML team ('vre with a light and two light drones). You could drop the piranha (god I hate them so...) and one of the teams of deathrains for the MLs. But that is just a thought, the other TL-MPs might be worth more to you.

2) I always take a layer of ablative gun drone around my HQs. It has saved my Shas'els so many times it's not even funny, again, I would say drop the piranha for them (did I mention I hate them?).

Anyway, I really like the list, very very similar to my own, and it's a great list, and a blast to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was thinking about some tetras maybe?

just don't have IA4 whihc is quite exspensive!!!

mm yeh the other point about an ion head, im going to buy the 3 tank box set, where apparently you have enough sprues from the skyrail to make an extra head, i.e ion so at the same point i can try both configs and work out which is my favourite.

Pathfinders are an obvious nono but stealth marker team would use a precious elite slot so i think the best option would be some tetras, after that the skyrail.

+ Reply to Thread