1500 point army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 point army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point army

I have a tourney coming up so I've built a quick army. I can't figure out what to use the last of my points on though. Any suggestions?

HQ 130

130 Autarch w/ Jetbike/Laser Lance/ Mandiblasters

Elites 285

175 Harlequin Troop- 5 Harlequins/Troop Master/Shadowseer
    110 Waveserpent w/ Shuriken Cannon/ lower Shuriken Cannon

Troops 376

120 Pathfinders

128 8 Dire Avengers- Exarch w/ Dual Catapults/Bladestorm

128 8 Dire Avengers- Exarch w/ Dual Catapults/Bladestorm

Fast Attack 167

167 5 Warp Spiders-Exarch w/ Dual Spinners/Power Blades/ Withdraw

Heavy Support 402

182 3 Dark Reapers- Exarch w/ Eldar Missile Launcher/Fast Shot

115 Wraithlord w/ Eldar Missile Launcher

115 Wraithlord w/ Eldar Missile Launcher

That comes out to 1347. I don't know what to fill the rest out with. The reason for the Autarch is that we always play random senerios I it seems that I always have my forces in reserve. There's alot of Space Marines and Tyranids in my area right now. Critisism is very welcome!

Last edited by CPT Raila; September 13th, 2007 at 23:36.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

- Dark Reapers will become quite difficult to use in a tornament, mainly because of their stationary nature and their small squad size. You'll probably find them failing as much as they succeed, same could be said of the Pathfinders though they're alot more resiliant.
    - Harelquins are insanely fast as they are without a Transport given their abilities to practically ignor terrain. The Wave serpent also acts as a major points sink to a squad that doesn't really need it.
    - Your Autarch is currently a lone figure, entering combat alone and hoping to kill off whole squads unsupported. As powerful as he is with such a configureation he is still instant killed at strength 6 or higher despite the jetbike bonus's (all it takes is one failed 3+ role against a multilaser), not to mention the laser lance is only a power weapon on the turn of the charge. Without support I think he'll struggle against any squad of merit. (say a squad of 10 Space Marines or a large squad of tyrannid gaunts.)

These are the three areas I think are a problem. In 1500pts your aspect units are quite small. They're sufficent size when dealing with armies at 1000pts but in higher points games you'll be dealing against alot more so survivability and extra hitting power starts to count. My opinion is to remove the Wave Serpent, Dark Reapers and Pathfinders. With the points left over bolster the Harlequin squad up to 8 and add some Kisses in there, bolster the Warp Spider unit to 8 as well and given your little amount of anti-tank left over I would also give the Wraithlords a Brightlance each on top of their existing missile launchers. This should cost relatively little to do and you should have enough points to give your Autarch a retinue of Shining Spears which will greatly enhance his killing capacity and survivbility, he will also benefit from the Exarchs withdraw which will nullify the downsides of having a Laserlance on the second/third assault phase he fights.

Lastly if there's any points left over (say 50ish) adding the odd D-cannon barrage weapon will help as you'll find your opponents generally wanting to avoid it's range...with good reason too. This gives your Dire Avengers excellent cover against fast moving infantry that may want to catch them off gaurd. However against your selection of foes I'd say a big blast marker from a Fire Prism will do you much more justice, so I'd go for that if possible.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the list is illegal, since Harlies cannot ride in a Serpent. Although, a 6 men squad can be transported in a Falcon. If so, keep the Shadowseer.

Take even numbered squads if you play with VP's.
    Last edited by Wuestenfux; September 23rd, 2007 at 19:17.
    Moderator 40kOnline

ex-tookool126 DieHardSaintKildaSupporter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why 8 man DA squads? u havent seen what 66 shots could do to an opponent. Heiromyo's hit the nail on the head, but i wouldnt add shining spears since they are a huge point sink. 400pts for a 6 model unit that's as tough as a tactical marine? Think about how much you have to kill with them to make back their points cost. i'd tailor your autarch for anti tank (fusion gun), and add a unit or scorpions or another unit of harleys.
    Signed Sealed Saint
    Fortius Quo Fidelius

+ Reply to Thread