2000 point necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point necrons

1 lord
    phylactery
    res orb
    destroyer body
    disruption field

10 immortals

15 warriors

15 warriors

5 scarabs

5 destroyers

5 destroyers

3 heavy destroyers

1 monolith

2000 points even

I have heavy destroyers in there for vehicles and termies, tau battlesuits, walkers, expensive infantry with 2 +. carnifexes, characters, and the like. monolith is to help with we'll be backs or deep strike it. 10 destroyers and 3 heavies stick together with the lord and near monolith to either target tanks or infantry. Im having trouble with space marines, just seems like im not killing enough models. the destroyers just dont seem to be able to kill enough marines. land raiders and other 14 armor is sometimes are a problem.

Last edited by K.Young; October 26th, 2007 at 01:27.
    insert funny, witty, or wise quote here.

chaos army
    5/1/2

necron army
    W/T/L
    29/6/8

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Definitely boost the size of that scarab unit. Drop a destroyer maybe and split the other 2 into separate units. You do have plenty of nai tank anyway... Hdes are too overpriced imo.
    Id say loose the Dfield from the lord, and swap out Phylactery and give him a Phase Shifter. Phylactery is just tempting fate, sods law he will fail WBB if you take it lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive considered trying to either get a nightbringer in there, a squad of flayed ones, boost the scarabs to 10 units, or throw another one in. or maybe a lord with veil of darkness in there. any ideas?

chaos army
    5/1/2

necron army
    W/T/L
    29/6/8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm nightbringer is awesome but with the choice of putting one more monolith is kind of tempting. One monolith is hard to bring down. Two will be very cool and a lot cheaper than nightbringer. Also try wraiths together with ur des lord. Or if u dont want wraiths try another one lord with VoD to go together with ur infantry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update from recent trip

Lord with VOD is 160 points, and id be dying to get upgrades, where would 160 points come
    out of? and plus more points for another 5 scarabs. Do you guys think 10 destroyers is pushing it? Destroyers have done a lot of damage for me, i can almost guaranteed a land raider dead a turn. sometimes if im lucky, maybe 500 points of damage.

I know there is almost no close combat, but thats what the scarabs are for, recently i beat tyranids in combat just cause he only got gaunts into combat. Shot up the genestealers and warriors, lictors got in but lord with powerweapon means dead lictors.

Generally i stay out of combat, Tau is the only army I try to get into combat with, hate those 6" assault phase moves, Playing against ultra marines as well, barely won, commander got in with powerfist and took a whole squad out =( any counters for this? Running and gunning is the only thing i can think of.

Im trying to get in:

Lord with Veil-160 points

5 scarabs

chaos army
    5/1/2

necron army
    W/T/L
    29/6/8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great list. I have a few suggestions though. I hope you like them.

1 lord
    phylactery
    res orb
    destroyer body
    disruption field
    Disruption field is basically useless on a lord IMHO. If you want him to kill tanks, I would give him a warscythe. I however, would drop the phylactery as well, and get a phase shifter.

10 immortals
    Nice

15 warriors

15 warriors
    I would split these into three units of 10. More flexibility that way.

5 scarabs
    5 Isn't really enough, I would just drop them.

5 destroyers

5 destroyers
    Fantastic. I would consider dropping one in each unit though. I'll tell you in a minute why.

3 heavy destroyers
    Not my personal favorite, but completely understandable. I have a tough time with terminators also.

1 monolith
    Great

Now, with the extra points. I would considering adding a necron lord with a veil of darkness. He goes with the Immortals. You don't really need a Rez orb because they're all T5, and they shouldn't be in CC anyway.

I took the liberty of rewriting your list. I hope the corrections will be clearer that way.

x1 Necron Lord
    -Destroyer Body
    -Phase Shifter

x1 Necron Lord
    -Veil of Darkness

x10 Immortals

x10 Warriors

x10 Warriors

x10 Warriors

x4 Destroyers

x4 Destroyers

x3 Heavy Destroyers

x1 Monolith

Total=2000

I hope I helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I think of Necrons, I think of a solid base of warriors supported by some very pricey but very effective specialized units. This list doesn't fit that paradigm; you've got less than 30% of your points invested in warriors.

If you take the immortals + veil combo, then you can do without as many destroyers since both provide highly mobile concentrated fire. If you don't get a veil, you probably won't need immortals at all with all that destroyer coverage. Either way, you save points for more warriors which I think will serve you better.

That said, I'm hardly an experienced Necron player, so I might be completely out to lunch.
    Dark Eldar: Showing the Chaos gods how to do evil properly since 1998.

Borrowed DH Combat Patrol 1W/0D/0L
    Dark Eldar 1W/0D/3L (partially assembled)
    Necron 1W/0D/0L (I got my 'Crons back!)

Moo is my new personal hero. Click Undefeated Dark Eldar and DE? Good you say? to learn why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I think of Necrons, I think of a solid base of warriors supported by some very pricey but very effective specialized units. This list doesn't fit that paradigm; you've got less than 30% of your points invested in warriors.

If you take the immortals + veil combo, then you can do without as many destroyers since both provide highly mobile concentrated fire. If you don't get a veil, you probably won't need immortals at all with all that destroyer coverage. Either way, you save points for more warriors which I think will serve you better.

That said, I'm hardly an experienced Necron player, so I might be completely out to lunch.

I disagree, he has 53 Necron models and a phase out of 13.5. His opponent has to kill 40 Necrons to phase him out. IMHO, that's enough.
    Why buy more warriors when destroyers and immortals do the job better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

What is the Destroyer Lord being used for? It seems out of place in the new list.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

p89grl, thanks for that reply it really helped that list looks great. Rep for that. The destroyer lord was to help with the destroyers and we'll be backs, as i get heavy weapons shot at them. The new list looks great the only thing i can think of is getting a res orb in.
    Maybe a unit of 10 scarabs but thats 100 points, and dont really want to drop more destroyers, thanks for the replies, they were great!!!

chaos army
    5/1/2

necron army
    W/T/L
    29/6/8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast