Necron 1500 army list Dolhan VII - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron 1500 army list Dolhan VII

This is my (futur) army list in necrons.

first of all, i don't want to make the usual army list. It tends to use the WBF tactic (I just love it :ballon.

For the story:

Dolhan VII is a planet near the Tau empire. The humans living their where devoted to the Emperor. As the Tau empire grew, it came eventually in contact with this planet. The call of the human population for help wasn't heard and as they tried to defend them selves from Taus, they were killed. The last survivors of the small group of imperial guards protecting the planet hid in the montains of Hodes. There, they heard rumours of caves where two demons lived. One with eyes that burnt your soul and one that could disapear in a dark cloud, only to reaper behind you. Those rumours, coming from locals, where taken as heresy. Deciding that only survival was waiting for them, they went deap into those caves. They only found death in it. The necrons awaked, in the name of the ancient necron lord Ghuil.

This army representes the group of necrons which awaked first to make a fast and decisive attack on the ennemy.

HQ : 335
    Lord = gaze of flammes + nightmare shroud + destroyer body = 175
    Lord = veil of darkness = 160

ELITE : 288
    8 pariahs = 288

TROOPS : 432
    12 necron warriors (216)
    12 necron warriors (216)

FAST ATTACK : 300
    3 destroyers : 150

HEAVY SUPPORT: 130
    Heavy Destroyer : 65
    Heavy Destroyer : 65

Total : 1488

A bit of explanation:
    - the first lord is a h-t-h lord obviously, he can me used in the en in conjonction with pariahs.
    - the second lord is here to repositionate units on the battle field and can bring some fire/h-t-h support
    - i just love the pariahs, not for their skills (even though i think they can be good) but for their models
    - the warriors are needed obviously
    - the destroyers bring some speed and good fire power
    - the Heavy just go for a hunt.

Now, what i need is help:
    - i know that 2 lord is too much, but i keep my destroyer lord, and the other one, i just love the new model coming out.
    - the pariahs: might be too much, tell me
    - i know i don(t have enough necron guys
    - maybe the HD are useless?

Thanks for replying ^^

Chaeron

Last edited by Chaeron; September 17th, 2007 at 19:31.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

If your having a Lord to go with the pariahs id say put him on foot, and use the pariahs as a bodyguard unit. As thye are slow moving they will have to act fairly defensive.

No res orb? fair enough, but if hes Teleporting around with a warrior unit then it could come in very handy.

Personally im not a Heavy Destroyer fan, they are too expensive for what they do. Depends what kind of armies you are expecting to face though.

Possibly drop 4 warriors and get a scarab unit into the list, these little guys are great for tying up enemy units and just generally being annoying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x1)

i agree in getting the lord off of the destroyer body if he's running around with pariahs. I personally like HD's. I use them and they've proven their worth to me. Your phase out is going to be pretty low, so I wouldn't get rid of any warriors. I'd use the points left over from the dropping the destroyer and the 12 extra you have and just add warriors. Thanks for not taking a res orb, because i don't either!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO u have to many pariahs...I would suggest to drop them to 6. Also u can drop ur lord +VoD and with these points put a nice shiny monolith!! and have it support and protect ur army (u will have a second chance of bringing back ur necrons)
    I agree with the other guys to remove the des. body from ur lord. Add phase shifter instead or phylactery with chronometron.

I hope i helped u somehow...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys!

Fisrt of all, i really won't drop the des lord. i just didn't express my self corectly. What i mean is that the pariahs go to get the ennemy, avoiding fire of course, while they move forwards and shoot, the lord supports one of the destroyers unit. Of course they will be destroyed at one point, so then, he goes towards the pariahs in the end of the battle. Of course it's a bit risky (at least a few pariahs must survive as the lord), but hey, isn't what necs are all about without res orb or monolith?

As for the H-D, i usually say to not take some, but since i donit have that much fire power in this army, i decided to take some.

I've done some thinking and came to the conclusion that two lord is really too expensive and i agree that 8 pariahs might be too much. so i came to this list:

HQ:
    LordHQ : 175
    Lord = gaze of flammes + nightmare shroud + destroyer body = 175

ELITE : 216
    6 pariahs = 216

TROOPS : 360
    10 necron warriors (180)
    10 necron warriors (180)

FAST ATTACK : 300

Total: 1051

So i have like 450 points left.
    I was thinking:

1)
    - 14 flayed ones in maybe 2 units with disrupting fields (294)
    - 1 Tomb spyder to help the warriors out (with a particule whip) (55)
    - 6 scarabs with disrupting fields (96)

2)
    - 12 more necron warriors (216)
    - 6 scarabs with disrupting fields (96)
    - 2 more destroyers, one in each unit (100)
    - 2 H-D (130)

Which one you prefer, the aim is to get a fairly competitive force. By the way, since this army is before the awake of the main army of necrons, monolith are not available (i know pariahs shouldn't be too, but i just love those guys).

Chaeron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if u intend not to bring monolith to the game i would prefer the 1st option. Have the flayed ones to support ur parriahs of being destroyed early either by deep striking them behind the enemy lines when u see appropriate to do this or by using the infiltration rule they have and put them neear the enemy just to keep him busy while ur pariahs are coming. U can also remove the particle projector from the TS (has BS 2 and will hardly do something from range) and the DF from the FOs and add 2 more (1 in each unit). U dont want to have FOs for tank hunters (this is why u have the Scarab + DF unit for). U want to disrupt the weapons that will damage ur pariahs. And believe me if the other will see the pariahs coming closer and closer (i will explain to u how u can do this in a while) will release a lot of firepower on them. So u need something for distraction (keep busy the enemy while ur nice and shiny pariahs are coming for harvesting) and FOs IMO are the best for this work.

By the way, ur second option worths more than the available points u have.

Also i will continue to suggest the monolith and this cos u can have ur pariahs be more mobile if u deep strike the monolith 18'' at most in front so u can move (teleport) them 18'' more and have them assault sooner than u expect to do so.

I hope i helped u somehow! Happy gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cp_Morgan View Post
    Well if u intend not to bring monolith to the game i would prefer the 1st option. Have the flayed ones to support ur parriahs of being destroyed early either by deep striking them behind the enemy lines when u see appropriate to do this or by using the infiltration rule they have and put them neear the enemy just to keep him busy while ur pariahs are coming. U can also remove the particle projector from the TS (has BS 2 and will hardly do something from range) and the DF from the FOs and add 2 more (1 in each unit). U dont want to have FOs for tank hunters (this is why u have the Scarab + DF unit for). U want to disrupt the weapons that will damage ur pariahs. And believe me if the other will see the pariahs coming closer and closer (i will explain to u how u can do this in a while) will release a lot of firepower on them. So u need something for distraction (keep busy the enemy while ur nice and shiny pariahs are coming for harvesting) and FOs IMO are the best for this work.
    Thinks for the opinion on FO, i'll think about it but i think your right 0:.

Also i will continue to suggest the monolith and this cos u can have ur pariahs be more mobile if u deep strike the monolith 18'' at most in front so u can move (teleport) them 18'' more and have them assault sooner than u expect to do so.
    The pariahs can not use the portal, they are not necrons...

I hope i helped u somehow! Happy gaming
    you did! i might ,not send long repplies, but i think about what you all say!

Chaeron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops! Sorry about my mistake (i wonder when they will add the necron ability to pariahs! it would be awesome dont ya think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cp_Morgan View Post
    Oops! Sorry about my mistake (i wonder when they will add the necron ability to pariahs! it would be awesome dont ya think?)
    Pariahs with WBB? counting in the phase out? able to tp? SIGN ME UP!!! But then, it might be TOO enormous to be created. But hey, why not? 8X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe! Will be ultimate! But then say bye bye to immortals

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast