1500 point friendly mech list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point friendly mech list

This is a list I'm mulling around and just want to see what you guys think of it.

HQ
    Farseer
    Jetbike
    Spirit Stones
    Doom
    Guide

Farseer
    Jetbike
    Spirit Stones
    Doom
    Guide

Troops
    9 Dire Avengers
    Exarch w/ bladestorm, dual cat's
    Wave Serpent
    Shur cannon
    TL scatter laser
    Spirit Stones

9 Dire Avengers
    Exarch w/ bladestorm, dual cat's
    Wave Serpent
    Shur cannon
    TL scatter laser
    Spirit Stones

Fast Attack
    Vyper
    Shur cannon

Vyper
    Shur cannon

Heavy Support
    Fire Prism
    Holo-fields
    Spirit stones

Fire Prism
    Holo-fields
    Spirit stones

Falcon
    Shur cannon
    Star cannon
    Holo-fields
    Spirit stones

Comes out to 1499

The plan is to use the FoF tactic with eldar. Take the two serpents and drive them up, guide them w/ the farseers and doom the opposing squad(if in range) while the Prisms and the falcon take out any thing big(hopefully). Anyway, let me know what you think. Thanks,
    kahos_angel

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I think your farseers are superflous, the doom/guide thing is not going to make its points back, I would therefore start out by dropping them (I think the rest of the army makes sense, although I would use the ttransports as transports.

I think ultimatley that leaves you with a hole where your HQ was that is difficult to fill, I would do this by taking a farseer with a spear, a bike and mind war and go swat his HQ

I would then use spare points to do bits like add underslung shuriken cannons to the vypers

Your other thing you need to be carefull of is holding objectives - you have very few units that can realisticly do this without moving, not saying change anything but worth bearing in mind as you play
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree, the farseers are trying to do to much. i think you can get away with dropping one completely but re-tool the other and make sure you have runes of warding on him to shut down enemy psykers.

if you want another HQ you could go for the autarch on jetbike (mandiblasters, lance and possibly a gun).

since you're going for friendly games i suggest you limit yourself to 1-2 holo-fields.

i think you might be lacking in the cc department. an autarch might help but you could also go for something small like a squad of spears or a small squad of aspect warriors for the falcon. this may also help with objective grabbing/holding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it looks like a pretty standard Mech list. IMHO you could take the various advice, but it all depends on how you like to play and what you are playing. eg if your playing marines Doom can be great, against IG it's pointless.
    Veni Vidi Vici
    "The plan is to win, if we don't win its cause you guys didn't follow the plan!"
    Eldar: 25,000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would drop a farseer and one/both of the vypers for a cc aspect squad or harlies then pick up some fire dragons too. switch a prism for a falcon and stuff your two new elite squads into the falcons.

those things are just imo...it would make your list almost identical to mine. one thing you NEED to do is drop second shuriken cannons into your vypers. double their offensive power for 10 points? yes pls.

warding is very nice as others have said.

overall i think autarch's are pretty weak for their points, their main purpose is for +1 reserves on special missions. they have a little tank busting potential too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the tips guys. I'm going to rework this a little and I'll have a new list to post soon. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread