1000k Starter Nid list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000k Starter Nid list

I do not post very much, though I have been browsing this site for awhile. I wanted to start a new army and Nids' seemed to be right up my alley.

HQ
    Hive Tyrant VC, ES
    Tyrant Guard

Total=213

Troops
    12 Hormaguants w/AD(1 I)
    12 Hormaguants w/AD(1 I)
    12 Hormaguants w/AD(1 I)
    8 Genestealers w/ Scyth
    12 Spineguants
    12 Spineguants

Total=646

Heavy
    2 Zoan w/ Warp Blast

Total=110

List Total= 993

I am not sure if I like this list yet. I was thinking I was a tad troop heavy, and was thinking of dropping maybe a brood of Horm and pick up a Fex. And for the Tyrant guard, I wasn't sure if they were completely useful. Is the Warp field a better choice for the Hive Tyrant?

My other question is if the single Hive Tyrant and the Fex would be enough Anti-Vehicle, or would they just been target practice for big guns? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allrighty Nid playing 101

first off your tyrant is an illegal build

You have enhanced senses, which is good. need it for shooting. but only one VC ? that's down right stupid.
    IT's a MC so it can fire 2 weapons. use it. if you want the "sniper" tyrant which uses the longer range weapons take a VC and a Barbed Strangler
    if you thought about having 2 VC's they become twin linked and all you get is 3 shots.

also I prefer having a Tyrant guard around.

you have more wounds with an armor save, and it helps out in CC.
    you should always aim to have your mc's in CC by turn 4 - 5
    unless it's a sniperfex

Troops are good, just drop biomorphs on the hormagaunts. they're used for dying.
    something IG and nids have in common
    it wouldn't hurt to switch a group of hormagaunts for a ravener or 2. Can't do without em honestly

also get a sniperfex, for 148 ptns you got some anti tank

also you lack synapse
    badly.
    the hormagaunts are too fast and will run out of synapse. so after each round of CC they will run back to poppa Tyrant and the enemy can still shoot.
    I'd suggest some flying warriors

Hive Fleet Lucanus : 2000 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good. I agree with wundagore on most things except for dropping the morphs on the hormagaunts. They are their to Be if you will shock troopers tying up the enemy in combat till the rest of you army get there. Yes they die but That extra initiative means they be a great CC unit. They kill off opposing units before getting attacked back meaning lees attacks from enemy.

the tyrant is illegal as already said. I'd run it as a winged one with warp field, 2Tl devourers, toxin sacs and enhanced senses. It will provide good synapse and be a mean troop killer.

Your troops are good. I'd drop one squad of hormagaunts for either another brood of genestealers or a brood of raveners.

Yeah a sniperfex is also a good add. your zonathropes are nice though I'd also give the synapse creature for the extra synapse.
    Never broken, Never fallen, Courage out of fear.
    "Those who give up often do not realize just how close they are to success when they give up."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

consider posting the opponents you generally run in to because people normally can make suggestions better based on that information.

First yes, for 202 points you can run a VC,BS tyrant w/guard so, you would have some more points. The tyrant guard is a much better choice. It gives you a bunch of wounds at 6T and a +3 save. They are really effective when they get in close combat too. Warp Field is only really useful for flying tyrants.

As for you hormagaunts if you mainly fight Spacemarines (or units with lots of 4's in their stats.) you would want either Ad(I) Ad(WS) or TS(Str.) I would not advise more than 1 though because then they are just too expensive. Definitely naked for troops with 3ws, I, Str...

versus marines

I. you will hit first.
    WS. hit on 3's
    Str. hit on 4's

Also for the Genestealers if you are playing against Spacemarines go for carapace for the bolters and against anyone else just leave the stealers naked to save on points. So, I would drop the talons.

Consider rather than dropping an entire hormagaunt squad to reducing the numbers to 8ea. so, you can speard these squads out and tie up as many of your opponents squads as quickly as possible.

That would free up 120+ points

You could also drop spinegaunt squads to 10ea. with the change to the tyrant you could afford a sniperfex.

You REALLY need to give the zoanthropes synpase like previously stated. You will be very sad if you only have 1 synapse. A quick way to get the 20pts to give both synapse would be reducing the spinefist squad sizes to 8ea.

Have fun when you create your new list.
    Last edited by Enjoi_Tyranids; September 25th, 2007 at 18:43.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, some really good info here. Yeah, that was just careless on my part for the tyrant. I am not used to having to deal with synapse, I can't believe I even forgot. Gonna work on my new list here shortly.

+ Reply to Thread