Starting Kroot Mercs? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting Kroot Mercs?

I play Tau, but I really love the Kroot. I wanted to start playing a Kroot Merc army, so I checked GW's web site to find the Kroot PDF. I got it, but it seems incomplete: there are no stats for 'other races' weapons (Bolt Pistol, Slugga, etc.), there's hardly any fluff, and Codex: Cathian is mentioned some times (these are just a few examples). Is there somewhere else I can get a more in-depth Codex, or the actual Codex? Could someone post a Kroot Merc FAQ?

Also, is there somewhere where I can get Kroot Merc models, other than ordering the bits?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Illegal_Carrot; September 25th, 2007 at 05:56.

5+ \ 0 \ 0 - 3'000+ Pts - Dal'yth Sept

0 \ 0 \ 0 - Work In Progress - Hive Fleet Hammerhead

0 \ 0 \ 0 - WIP

Victory \ Draw \ Defeat

Credit to Legionnaire for the bars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

That's all there really is...

Codex Cathachian is from 3rd edition (Imperial Guard), while the stats for other weapons can be easily found in the other codexes (though they are completely useless) or maybe in some reference in the BRB.
    - Just love that maki! -

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal_Carrot View Post
    Also, is there somewhere where I can get Kroot Merc models, other than ordering the bits?
    There's only the Kroot Carnivore box (16 kroot) and the various blisters (shaper, hounds, krootox) and thats it. I really didn't have a problem making the various kindreds however I did bitz order chaos fury wings for my vultures. I am now going to making the Tracker kindread in which I will need to order even more bitz than I did for the vultures.

I also had various bits from the other armies I have and that helped tremedously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

only weapons from other armies you will use mate are Eviserators and melta guns. Other then that Kroot rifles are superior.

As said you need to convert all the kindreds but it shouldnt be overly hard.

If i remember correctly the catachan list is up for download in the Imperial guard section of the GW site.

=edit= they are. They can be found here

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...x/armylist.htm

Not sure how to make the text clicky thing.

=edit=
    Last edited by The Loki; September 30th, 2007 at 01:36.
    Looking for help with your Ogre kingdoms. Need help against them? have burning questions about life or why Dave's Avatar is so creepy. Feel free to stop by and ask OverTyrant Loki

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1104558

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

games workshop meant to make it like that so you could just download the stats for the weapons off of the website and so you have to have another codex for it. I also collect Chaos Space Marines so I was fortunate in having most of the space marine weapon rules (bolter, bolt pistol, etc) but for the others i guess you can look them up at a shop where they sell the books and write em down or somethin but i just tended not to use the ones that I dont know the stats for. And for the fluff I dont think theyll put anythin that extensive in to make it a normal codex unless they make an actually kroot codex book *plleeassse* but if they did they would probly make more weapons for the kroot specifically instead of from other armies unless of course if you use the mercenary rules!

hope this was a little informative

+ Reply to Thread