Welcome to Librarium Online!
Ok so I'm still relatively new to 40k I've played around a half dozen games so far, and am getting ready to build my DE army and would love some feedback. So when I started I narrowed my army choice to 2 army's DE and Nids. I decided to roll nids first just because they seemed a little more forgiving for the newb, Now I've got a few games under my belt and with the new Apoc boxes it seems like a perfect time to get started. Last note before the list, Right now i have about 30 warriors, and am going to get the splinter raid set from apoc, This and a box of wychs of some form will be my core army. So this is all I really have to work with for now since I am broke as a joke. Anyway onto the list.
Archon - 181
Agon/SP, CDs, Shadow F, WWP
Dracon - 240
- 5 Incubi
Elites - 206
- Agon/SP, WW
Sniper Squad * 2 - 200
Raider Squad - 177
- SC, Bl
Total 1004 pts
So I was planning on Going Raider rush originally, but it sound like WWP is the way to go, I know its hard in a 1000pt game but None of the people I've played with have ever seen DE and all think they are crap and I think I'll suprise them with the Speed and CC go(o)dness of the DE
So Any suggestions or ideas? Eventually i would like to make it into a wych cult, but at ~40 a box i cant afford it right now.
PS. what do you guys think of mixing wych models? (IE, wardancers, dark elfs etc?)
Well, you've done several things right in this list. However, I'll toss in a few tips.
1. Your raider squad is actually 176 points.
2. Two expensive HQ choices in a single 1000 point game really limits how many models you can field. I'd drop one, or modify both of them.
3. Incubi. They rock hardcore, but are not easy to use, and are expensive. I suggest having your dracon go with your wytches, but that's just a personal opinion.
4. Archon with WWP. How is he going to get into position to place the portal. You can't run him into the middle of the map, even with a 2+ ivul save. He either needs a raider, or to be re-thought.
Hope that helps. Good hunting.
Ok so How about i drop the dracon, and throw the arcon onto a raider with wytchs and then have a footsloggin heamy to drop of wwp, Who i'll screen with the warrior sqauds (should I change one of the snipers to a larger SC carrying squad?) So i'll have 2 raiders full of wyches 1 w/ the tooled out archon. and then a heamy with wwp and a destructor. Not real sure on points b/c I'm at school so dont have acess to them atm. So i'll fully retool the list later.
Thnx for the advice!
At 1K a WWP isn't essential as most boards 9should) have enough scenery for you to hide behind.
Personally I would lose the WWP and dracon (just the dracon).
Give the incubi to the archon
With the spare points I personally would take a ravager - now how you kit that out is upto you. I like 2 disintegrators and a single lance.
Also for the love of god give archon and uncubi plasma grenades - make sure the wyches get them too.
Never ever leave home without plasma grenades on these units, you don't want their high initive to be negated by a small bush some gretchin are hiding behind do you?
Incubi + Archon = Massacre. Literally. A massacre roll into... nothing. Don't get me wrong, both are very good separate, but they are a little too good combined. When speed is your armor, and CC your shield, getting stuck out of CC at close range in an enemy's turn isn't going to end well.
alright some it seems alright but things that should be changed are...
- Archons are more of a 1500-2000 point thing and i reccomend only1 HQ(except for haemys). i reccomend dropping him OR keeping him but mounting him on a reaver with a power weapon.
- i dunno why but i think you might have miscalculated the wyches somehow.
other then these things it seems like a decent list but personally i would trade the archon for a second raider squad.