500 Biel Tan Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 Biel Tan Army

Hi im a newbie to eldars and i have come up with a 500 points Biel Tan list. I hope you can help me and I usually play against marines(chaos and space) and Necrons

HQ

155 p

Troops

Howling Banshees(6) with an exarch

108 p

Dire Avengers(10)

132 p

Waveserpent

90 p

Total points - 485

Are there any tips about my army and how i can improve my list. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Your wave serpent is actually 100 points all told. And you're probably better off giving it to your banshees. And if you could list what equipment you've given your banshee/avenger exarch (if any), that would also be helpful. If you're not going to put any equipment on your exarches, then there's really no point in taking them. I'd also advise against the Avatar, he's a little too many points in 500 point games.
    Welcome to the forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Basically everything that mongooseo has said.
    Drop the Avatar - yes it is a cool model, but in this size game is either overkill or just plain silly.
    I would suggest a farseer with a single power, and then use the remaining points to equip your exarchs and wave serpent.
    For the banshee exarch I suggest an executioner (if playing a lot of marines) or mirrorswords (coz the extra attacks are just cool) and either warshout or acrobatic - probably acrobatic. (for a total of 123)
    For the Avengers I woul say go for 2 shuriken catapults and Bladestorm (this jacks the price of the unit to 152)
    And then, because there isn't much to pop vehicles, go for either twin emls or (if the points allow) bright lances for the serpent. And vectored engines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

e

Ok taking your advice, i revised my list. Here we go

HQ

Farseer, Singing spear, Mind war, Fortune

Troops

Dire avengers (10)
    Exarch, Shuriken Catupults

Howling banshees(6)
    Exarch, Mirror Swords, War Shout

Wave Serpent, Twin Star cannons

Im thinking anbout taking the banshees out and replacing them with scorps or drags. What do you think?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

If the farseer is going to have two powers, then give him spirit stones. The wave serpent is better off with T-L Bright Lances than with T-L starcannons, which took a huge hit in the codex. That leaves you with about 80 points. You need a 2nd troop choice, so you might as well take some more avengers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Once again, Mongooseo offers sound advice.
    I would suggest scaling back your farseers powers to either doom or mindwar. Mindwar so you can pick off those pesky heavy weapon troopers and squad leaders or doom so you can carve your way through a unit.
    With the waverserpent, you want something that can pop a transport and/or a tank. Therefore Bright Lances or Eldar Missile Launchers would be a much better bet than the star cannons - higher strength will pay off.
    Keep the spear on your seer, it always comes as a nasty shock when he wounds soemthing on a 2+ or blows a tank up as it attempts to trundle by with relative impunity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Games that small are all about the guns, and that means falcon not serpent.

Maybe something like:

Farseer /w doom-80

10 Dire Avengers-152
    -Exarch /w pair of shuriken catapults, bladestorm

6 Howling Banshees-118
    -Exarch /w mirrorswords

Falcon /w shuriken cannon, shuriken cannon, spirit stones-140

490 points

Maybe upgrade a shuriken cannon to a scatter laser to fill out the last 10 points. The pulse laser is your only anti-tank but in this small points you should be fine unless someone does something stupid like 3 wraithlords or mass devilfish (SMurfs and necrons are unlikely to take anything except rhino's at that kind of points).

You can keep the avatar instead of your farseer, that will mean you should go all-out foot-sloggers though. Guardians and avengers walking.

Lastly, war walkers and dark reapers dominate smaller games. Mass heavy weapons tend to take out an opponents whole army before they get into range.

Keep your falcon just in front of your avengers, this forces target priority to shoot at the avengers behind and means when you get up close all your units will be hitting together. Also take note that you can move, shoot and assault out of a vehicle if it didn't move before you disembarked.
    Last edited by LordLink; October 15th, 2007 at 04:12.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As they've said above, Doom is a natural fit for your Farseer, especially when using Banshees, especially when those Banshees are attacking Marines.

You're not going to have any trouble landing hits, but Banshees' low strength versus Marines' decent toughness means that you're not going to be wounding as much as you'd like. Allowing yourself to re-roll that can make the difference between a squad of Banshees winning and losing combat. Seriously. Try it out.

If you want to take spirit stones and mindwar (and use that to kill powerfist marines) then that could be fun. I might consider Doom and Fortune to keep your one close-combat squad slicing and dicing a bit longer.

Also, as mentioned above your Banshees count as elites, not troops. You're going to need another troop choice. I like Pathfinders (AP1 hits are great versus Marines), but that's just me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took a look at the craftworld eldar codex off my friend. It said that the banchees are troops choice if used in a biel tan army. Is outdated or something?Ok my army list(banshees are not troops):Farseer, Singing Spear, Doom, Fortune11310 Dire Avengers, Exarch, Two Shuriken Catapults, Bladestorm1405 Pathfinders ( should i upgrade?)95Falcon, Bright Lance145Please advise me on my list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took a look at the craftworld eldar codex off my friend. It said that the banchees are troops choice if used in a biel tan army. Is outdated or something?
    Ok my army list(banshees are not troops):
    Farseer, Singing Spear, Doom, Fortune

10 Dire Avengers, Exarch, Two Shuriken Catapults, Bladestorm

5 Pathfinders ( should i upgrade?)

Falcon, Bright Lance

Please advise me on my list

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast