2000pt Tourney Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Tourney Eldar

Hello,
    C&C welcome!

HQ

Farseer - Singing Spear & Guide 78

Elites
    4 Striking Scorpions
    Exarch - Scorpions Claw 107

8 Harlequins - 3 Kisses
    Shadow Seer - Kiss 208

Troops
    9 Dire Avengers
    Exarch - Power Weapon, Shimmershield, Defend & Bladestorm 177

9 Dire Avengers
    Exarch - 2 Avenger Catapults, Bladestorm 152

7 Dire Avengers
    Exarch - 2 Avenger Catapults, Bladestorm 128
    - Wave Serpent - Twin Eldar Missile Launcher, Spirit Stone 130

6 Pathfinders - 144

10 Guardians - Starcannon 105

10 Guardians - Scatter Laser 95

Heavy Support
    Falcon - Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Field & Spirit Stone 185

3 War Walkers - 6 Scatter Lasers 180

Wraithlord - Bright Lance, Eldar Missile Launcher 155

TOTAL: 1999pts
    77 Models
    12 Scoring Units

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Avatar - Nice but a bit slow.
    HQ: Farseer - Fine. I assume he giudes the walkers or a blade storming DA unit. Doom and stones would make bladestorm a treat but he gets expensive. Runes of warding can be worth it as insurance.

Scorpions: I assume they ride in the falcon as they don't fleet. Not too enamoured with this as it means the falcon has to come too close. Add a 6th chap to the unit at least but I would go for 9 or 10 with infiltrate and relieve the falcon from taxi duty.

Harlequins: Great but I would try to get 2 more kisses in the unit.

Avenges: pritty good. swap the 8 man unit for 10 DA with no exarch. Put the first or second DA unit in the transport.

Pathfinders: A bit pricy but they have their uses.

Guardians: Yuck! The avatar will keep them fearless but they are still bolter bait. Have you considdered guardian jetbikes or swapping each unit for a Viper with 2 shuriken cannon and using the points for other upgrades.

Heavy Support: All good choices
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ: Avatar
    - Nice but a bit slow.
    Yep he is quite slow, but more that makes up for it by being a kickass tank.
    Also the Fearlessness 'aura' with a diameter of 26" is awesome.

HQ: Farseer - Fine. I assume he giudes the walkers or a blade storming DA unit. Doom and stones would make bladestorm a treat but he gets expensive. Runes of warding can be worth it as insurance.
    Yeap guides the War Walkers, cheap as poss. Runes of Warding are a poor choice IMO in 2000pts or below

Scorpions: I assume they ride in the falcon as they don't fleet. Not too enamoured with this as it means the falcon has to come too close. Add a 6th chap to the unit at least but I would go for 9 or 10 with infiltrate and relieve the falcon from taxi duty.
    Fair enuf, but i am very tight for points.

Harlequins: Great but I would try to get 2 more kisses in the unit.
    Fair enuf, but i am very tight for points.

Avenges: pritty good. swap the 8 man unit for 10 DA with no exarch. Put the first or second DA unit in the transport.
    Yeah, but no exarch??? No Bladestorm, not 5xbs5 shots???

Pathfinders: A bit pricy but they have their uses.
    Totally agree, but i used them in my last games and they rocked! 2+invunerable in ruins!

Guardians: Yuck! The avatar will keep them fearless but they are still bolter bait. Have you considdered guardian jetbikes or swapping each unit for a Viper with 2 shuriken cannon and using the points for other upgrades.
    20 fearless wounds in 5+/4+ cover??? With mobile St6 36" weapons? what is not to like?

Heavy Support: All good choices
    Yeah, it is a toughie with only three HS slots....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Thing is, at 2000 points, you really do need full units, as that's all that's going to be able to handle enemies. I'd drop either the scorpions or the pathinfinders to add points to the rest of your army that you can use to buff out units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Sirath - dont believe everything you read, stuff like bladestorm in DA squad is a no brainer, a must every time, but most importantly here, do believe what mongooseo said, the biggest issue is you are trying to get too much in, smaller units are not effective in 1500+ points although they may power through in combat patrol, by the time you reach 2000 points those scorps for example will get wiped,
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

Blade storming is fine but not on a 7 man unit. Dire Avenger Exarchs are expensive and the bladestorm effect is proportionate to the size of his squad. Apply 3 casualties to a DA unit then see if 4 chaps bladestorming would be better than 7 chaps firing normally.

You can use blade storm DA squads to shoot with maximum effect (doom and guide really make this shine). But then you need to do something on the reload turn such as run away, get into transport, charge into combat or just sit there like a lemon.

The alternative is to take 10 vanilla DAs and shoot 20 shots from 16-18" range. Next turn move forewards or backwards to 16-18" range and fire again and keep doing it.

I like blade storming but sometimes I find that I only use the power once a game. Tactically it is a nice string to your bow but it does increase the cost by 27% (with an extra cattapult) and if you add it to a less than maxed out squad it becomes wasteful.

If you have doom & guide available and a 10 man squad then bladestorming is fantastic but vanilla dire avengers have their place too, especially when you're tight for points. :ballon:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt take the EML on the wraithlord while good on paper and brightlance EML combo just doesnt work out on the table. Chances are you will end up shooting at things that one or the other isnt good at, for example a brightlance is great against a land raider but an EML is next to useless. Just my experience.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

The EML is a bit of a shot in the dark against AV14 targets but against AV 13 and less it is useful and does compliment the bright lance better than any other weapon. they are also both good against MEQs and tyranid MCs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree mad cat but I just generally find another home for my EMLs, you pay a premium on a wraithlord and you are tempted to waste shots at things you cant hurt with both weapons. I find that taking a EML on a falcon is a better idea as its plasma shot is a defensive weapon and if you lose the pule laser you can step it up to krak again. I generaly take sth with a better rate of fire on my wraithlords just to stop him from getting swamped by hordes.

ex-tookool126 DieHardSaintKildaSupporter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serpent of fury is awesome and i think is nearly as good as fish of fury markerlighted (more effective but a lot more expensive). i'd drop the 8 man squad and scorpions for 2 mounted DA squads. and listen to Cheredanine, he is ALWAYS right. And in 2000pts guardians arent even worth taking as meatshields.... Im thinking the pathfinders are there to try and pin something, the stuff they can pin isnt worth shooting at the stuff u wanna pin you wont be able to. I used to love pathfinders (for the models) and kept trying to convince myself that they're worth taking, but in the end they just dont do enough.
    Last edited by DieHardSaintKildaSupporter; October 20th, 2007 at 06:28.
    Signed Sealed Saint
    Fortius Quo Fidelius

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast