1500pts Biel-tan army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts Biel-tan army list

Hey, I got away from the hobby for a while (took up some others). Now I'm getting back into it and am trying an eldar army

So here is my army list

HQ

Autarch-90
    with mandiblaster and power weapon

Troops

Dire Avengers-104
    5 Avengers, Exarch (with 2 catapults and bladestorm)

Dire Avengers-104
    5 Avengers, Exarch (with 2 catapults and bladestorm)

Elites

Howling Banshee-134
    6 Banshee, Exarch (with excutioner)

Harelquin Troupe-158
    2 Harequins (with kisses), Troupe Master (with power weapon), Death jester and Shadow Seer

Harelquin Troupe-158
    2 Harequins (with kisses), Troupe Master (with power weapon), Death jester and Shadow Seer

Fast Attack

Shining Spears-177
    3 Spears, Exarch (with withdraw)

Warp Spiders-198
    6 Spiders, Exarch (with 2 death spinners and withdraw)

Heavy Attack

Dark Reapers-147
    2 Reapers, Exarch (missile launcher and fast shot)

Fire prism-115

Fire Prism-115

Total 1500 pts 42 models and 2 Vehicles

The autarch is to join the banshee unit. The assault units (Spear, Banshee, Harequins) are to work together assualting en masse a single unit destorying it in a single turn. Fire Prisms are to go tank hunting together then pick off troublesome units. The Reapers are to take out troublesome units that could be difficult for the assualt units. The Spiders can either support the Avengers with the withdraw power to stop the Avengers getting assualted or can go light vehicle hunting.

Let me know what you think and any improvements you can think of

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I worry a bit about your squad sizes. Eldar have good leadership, but most of your squads are going to be taking leadership tests after losing one or two members -- and some will eventually fail. With such small sizes and the 'no regrouping below 50%' thing, you're going to run into trouble.

I'm also not a huge fan of the Death Jesters in the Harley squads. I know that some people like them, but I find Harleys work best when you hide them until the last possible moment, and then use a combination of cover, fleet, and veil of tears (or maybe just a Falcon) to get them safely into combat.

Your fire Prisms, also, are going to need Holofields and probably Spiritstones to keep from being smashed into little pieces. They're going to be prime (and fragile) targets without them.

It's got potential, and it's certainly flexible, but I think those problems are going to raise their heads almost immediately.

+ Reply to Thread