1000 Friendly 48x48 Tables (First List) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Friendly 48x48 Tables (First List)

///// 2 Tanks, 2 Fire Dragons, 2 Rangers, 1 Eldrad /////

Falcon
    Shuriken Cannon
    Catapult Upgrades to SHC
    Vectored Engine
    Holo-Fields
    Spirit Sone
    Total 195

Falcon
    Shuriken Cannon
    Catapult Upgrades to SHC
    Vectored Engine
    Holo-Fields
    Spirit Sone
    Total 195

Eldrad Ulthran
    Total 210

Pathfinder x5
    Pathfinder x5
    Total 240

--== These guys are chilling in the Grav-Tanks ==--
    Fire Dragon x5
    Fire Dragon x5
    Total 160

Grand Total 1000

Hey guys! This is my first Eldar list!
    This is for friendly matches at my local hobby store which is full of Tau players and Tau players and a few more Tau players. Theres a few SM and necron with the occasional other team but mostly Tau.

I made this army list based on what models I thought look cool and the fact that I'll be mostly playing against Tau players. Any advice will be helpful and you can bring on the criticism!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I really dont like dragons in falcons, particularly against Tau, the falcons are capable of doing the same damage without getting close, us ethe dragons points to get something effective

Do not put vectored engines on vehicle that isnt a transport for assault troops, it is pointless, IMHO eldrad is a waste of points at this level, particularly with this army,
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I agree with Eldrad, he does nothing but chillax inside a falcon and rob me of 210 points. I switched him out for a farseer on a jetbike with guide for falcons and doom for pathfinders. Saved me some points too!

The guy at the hobby shop who helped me build my list said that skimmers instantly die if you immobilize it so it's important to spend the few extra points to protect such an expensive investment.

As for Fire dragon, I personally really like the model and want to field them in my army list. Also, I've been hearing good stuff about them against necrons, SM and Tau.

Although I do feel your right that 2 squads is overkill. What would you recommend in substitution of one of the squads? I was thinking perhaps something CC related inside the Falcon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

Pathfinders look good on paper but dont tend to do a lot.

I would drop the Fire dragons then swap the Pathfinders for 2 units of 10 Dire avengers with Bladestorm.
    That gives you a decent back-bone of troops who are more flexible than PFs. Also more useful for taking/holding objectives.

I wouldnt put a Farseer on a Jetbike unless you have a squad of jetbikes for him to join. He'll just get shot to bits. Keep him on foot with Dire Avengers. Fortune/Doom work well.

Cheers
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are sold on the fire dragons take a serpent for them, they die when they foot slog and your falcons have better things to do than play nurse maid. If you are thinking of taking a seer on a bike why not change your troops to jetbikes>?? trust me i find they are just as effective as pathfinders against tau with their extra move. They're also cheaper than your pathfinders so you can squeeze that serpent in "hint hint hehe"
    Last edited by Azure Fade; October 24th, 2007 at 08:14. Reason: speeeeiling

+ Reply to Thread