1000pts windriders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    ex-tookool126 DieHardSaintKildaSupporter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts windriders

Farseer (my autarch but its a friendly so its all good) , jetbike, singing spear, mind war 113

Troops 10 DA, exarch with twin SC and bladestorm 297
    wave serpent w/ twin lances

10 DA, exarch with twin SC and bladestorm 297
    wave serpent w/ twin lances

6 bikes 2 cannons 152

6 bikes 2 cannons 152

I've a game this weekend so plz comment.
    Im thinking of switching out the DA and wave serpent for some vypers and some candy;Y. Bikes are bait for the dire avengers, rapid fire w/ shruicats, they run forward to rapidfire and double bladestorm will make short work of basically anything (bloody plague marines....).

Signed Sealed Saint
    Fortius Quo Fidelius

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a bad list for 1000pts, its a friendly so i assume you know what kind of a list you would be up against. (Btw your math is off on the seer its only 108.) You cant go wrong with those troops I think, a vyper is nice and all but you lose 3 jetbikes or (mentally failing to do the math) some dire avengers. I think they dire avengers have great bang for buck exp at smaller fights.

Is your opponent going to take many tanks, if not just as a suggestion you could swap out those brightlances replace them with shuricannons, and take a vyper with 2 shuricannons instead. That way your army has the same effective range so your not tempted in keeping things back.
    Oh and remember the serpent of fury tatic (tanks in front stopping your avengers from being charged) the vyper can also fill that role as well it may well mean another turn at shooting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

serpent of fury, out of curiousity what else are you supposed to do with them?
    Yes great idea, im playing guard and he doesnt pack too many tanks at all one leman russ is what he takes at 2k so at 1 im assuming he'll take all infantry.

Farseer, jetbike, singing spear, mind war 108

Troops 10 DA, exarch with twin SC and bladestorm 272
    wave serpent w/ twin cannons and underslug cannon

10 DA, exarch with twin SC and bladestorm 272
    wave serpent w/ twin cannons and underslug cannon

6 bikes 2 cannons 152

6 bikes 2 cannons 152

Vyper 2 cannons 60

I think im slightly over but that should be cool. vyper is just an annoyance and wont attract much fire while killing a few guardsmen every turn.
    Signed Sealed Saint
    Fortius Quo Fidelius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he does take his tank you have enough str6 weapons to take its side or rear armor.
    Oh and dont forget that your wave serpent is a fast tank and as such can tank shock 24" against a low morale army like guard it would be fun watching his army run off the board. (just take out his HQ with either the jetbikes or vyper it usually carries a vox caster to improve their morale).
    Last edited by Azure Fade; October 25th, 2007 at 23:46. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HA HA

Against some of the static guard lines i've seen that would be bloody fantastic!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Nice list, make sure you stuff those distractions down his throat at the earliest opportunity,you may be pleasently surprised at the impact of the vyper and bike squads, given their AP and the lack of moral generally in guard, they may well rip a gapping hole in his army before he can get distracted!
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks chered, i'd laugh my head off if guardsmen ran away from 60pt vypers.
    Guardsmen 1 "Our flashlights arent hurtint the thing! usually they tickle them but he's not even reacting, what do we do?" His comrades are long gone
    Signed Sealed Saint
    Fortius Quo Fidelius

+ Reply to Thread