A Different 2000 point army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

A Different 2000 point army

For those who might have experimented with close combat necrons, let me know of what you think of this:

Destroyer lord: ress orb, lightning field

30-40 warriors depending on how many points are leftover

2x10 flayed ones
    2x3 wraiths
    10 scarabs
    2 Monoliths
    2 Heavy Destroyers

Necrons: ~60
    phase out: 15ish.

General plan: lord joins the scarabs with his lightning field to deal some damage / soak up wounds, while the flayed one add high strength attacks. The flayed ones infiltrate so should be in combat shortly after that. The monoliths either start on the board and advance, or preferably deep strike into enemy lines. My units then spend each turn portalling out of combat so they can charge again for more attacks. The Heavy destroyers play tank hunter. I could conceivably ignore tank hunting and swap the destroyers for another destroyer lord. That way I'd have 1 with lightning field, and one with ress orb to follow around the wraiths and flayed ones.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

You know what, that's the way to do it. I'd price it out so that your Heavy Destroyer squad is filled out. And if the points are there, throw in a small squad of Pariahs to hang back, there are so many bodies that you really could get away with it.

I take it you will be DSing one or both of the Monoliths.

It's a bold list but I think it would be a lot of fun to play with.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

The DLord needs to ride with the wraiths (and scarabs to some extent) Drop the Lfield for a Phase Shifter for him, possibly look at a warscythe too, depending on the main enemies he will be taking on.

Flayed ones are good, as are the wraiths. Maybe give the scarabs Dfields? they could come in handy.

May as well max out on the Hdes unit, and the 2 Lith's are a must.

Possibly look at a second lord with ResOrb to stand amongst the mass of warriors (and help out the Hdes, or possibly team with the Flayed Ones.)

OR you could always turn in the direction of a C'tan (no prises for guessing which one id recommend...)

CC Crons are great fun to play with, enjoy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

Pariahs and the Deceiver I'm not so sure about. This army requires a very quick assault, as I really don't have enough guns to march across the enemy. If most of my guys aren't stuck into the thick of it by turn 3 I will start losing squads fast. Seems I can squeeze in another heavy destroyer if I drop down to a squad of 11 and a squad of 12 warriors, which I suppose I might as well do. If only I could Power Matrix the pariahs onto the front lines...

+ Reply to Thread