1000pt mech tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1000pt mech tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt mech tau

ive been playing 40k for a while now and decided to upgrade my tau to a mech list, i have quite a few models so its easy for me to change things if i need too.

HQ

shas el
    PR MP MT TA
    97pts

Elites
    crisis suit
    PR MP MT
    62pts

crisis suit
    PR MP MT
    62pts

crisis suit x2
    PR FB MT

Troops
    Fire warriors x8
    Devilfish-DL
    165pts

Fire warriors x8
    Devilfish-DL
    165pts

Heavy Support
    Hammerhead
    Railgun SMS MT DL TL
    180pts

Hammerhead
    ion cannon BC MT DL
    130pts

total 985 pts

im not sure what to do with the extra 15pts, any advice welcomed

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

oh dear, i looks as though no-one has answered the call of this thread... tsk tsk

Quote Originally Posted by Slag View Post
    HQ[/B]
    shas el
    PR MP MT TA
    97pts
    okay. it looks as though your HQ is all ready and set to go here, it's a nice. Standard setup ;Y

Elites
    crisis suit
    PR MP MT
    62pts

crisis suit
    PR MP MT
    62pts

crisis suit x2
    PR FB MT
    the first two monat Battlesuit team are great, but it looks as though you will eventually need some sort of anti light vehicle setup.
    one 'suit could be set up like this:

Crisis suit
    TLMP
    49pts

this little fella will happliy pop light tanks and/or have a go at some infantry squads. thus freeing you up some extra points.

the two-man team should also have the Fireknife setup, mainly because you'll need to get pretty close in order to use the FB. the PR and MP combo allows you to target enemy squads at a safe distance, no squad should be that close to an enemy. especially anything Tau related.

Troops
    Fire warriors x8
    Devilfish-DL
    165pts

Fire warriors x8
    Devilfish-DL
    165pts
    everything is as it should be here but, it's the number of the Fire Warriors in those Teams that seems to concern me a bit.
    imo if it were up to me, i'd go all the way and get a full 12-man squad of Tau to get the best effect when it come to FoFing a depleted squad

Heavy Support
    Hammerhead
    Railgun SMS MT DL TL
    180pts

Hammerhead
    ion cannon BC MT DL
    130pts
    i see very little point in having a TL on it.
    also you could swap over the SMS and the BC just to even out points between the two tanks (if the Railhead gets smoked, it won't be much of an impact if it comes to totalling points)

that should even it out for you nicely

-Kai-Itza-

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

The list looks ok to me.

The only thing is your 2-man crisis team - I'll maybe make one team-leader and give him target lock - in that way they can fire at different target when DSing into enemy tanks.

And I don't really see the great idea in having target lock on your railhead.

I'm not a big fan of devilfishes myself, but many uses them with succes, but I prefer having more FWs and keep then out in the open so they can use their range to fire a lot...

I often uses three or four teams of 10 FWs simply to have a lot of shots and causing the oponent to make a lot of save rolls - some of them will fail...
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Senior Member Spartan Command061's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

ive been playing 40k for a while now and decided to upgrade my tau to a mech list, i have quite a few models so its easy for me to change things if i need too.

HQ

shas el
    PR MP MT TA
    97pts
    Good solid HQ, nothing wrong here

Elites
    crisis suit
    PR MP MT
    62pts

crisis suit
    PR MP MT
    62pts
    Well with the 15pts you've got left over you could upgrade one to a shas'ui Team Leader w/ TA and HW multi. If you can scrounge some points for the other fella that will help a fair bit.

crisis suit x2
    PR FB MT
    you've already got 3 plasma rifles, and i also feel that you have to be way to close to use the FB, well on a two man squad anyway. GO helios commanders! Change these guys to a pair of deathrains (TL MP's TA's 53pts each), as your list contains only one anti vehicular weapon, this team will allow you to knock out light vehicles and medium infantry (stealers and 4+) as well as target high toughness foes.

Troops
    Fire warriors x8
    Devilfish-DL
    165pts

Fire warriors x8
    Devilfish-DL
    165pts
    Good core units, but i prefer 12man squads personally, but at a game this level, you will struggle to find the 80pts you want.

Heavy Support
    Hammerhead
    Railgun SMS MT DL TL
    180pts
    I'm actually in favour of a TL for an SMS railhead. If the railgun targets tanks, usually at extreme ranges, the 20pts of SMS are wasted, with a TL the hammerhead can support the undermanned FoF teams while smoking railgun worthy targets elsewhere.

Hammerhead
    ion cannon BC MT DL
    130pts
    Not a bad set up here, again a target lock would enable you to support the other FoF squad not covered by the SMS, consider using the points saved by converting the Fireknife team to deathrains. (A saving of 124-106=18pts), but i reckon the points are better spent on upgrading the other monat suit.

Points could be scrounged for the TL by using this alternative deathrain setup (TL MP's TL's 49pts each) for greater flexibilty in targetting options sacraficing accuracy. Saves 8pts, enough for the TL

Hope this helps and enjoy the Fish of Fury!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback, ill definitely change those 2 helios suits. probably turn those into deathrains. ill post the updated list soon.

+ Reply to Thread