Librarium Online Forums banner

Been away, back to play

410 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Tragedy316 
#1 ·
Ive been off for about a year playing 40K, but do to urgings from friends have got back in. I play nids of course and just wanted to see if Ive gotten rusty. Ive made up a 2K list with the models available to me(so please dont bother saying, get more gaunts or something like that). My main opponents are MEQ's and Tau. Death Guard player seems to have gotten real good so figure them into the equation. Also the board we play on is heavy on city debris as terrain and I am normally assaulting into cover when I get the chance(not that I want to assault into cover but nobody wants to go out and greet the nids head on, go fig). anyway heres the list

HQ
Hive Tyrant: Adrenal Glands(+W), Flesh Hooks, Toxin Sacs, Winged, Scything Talonsx2
151pts

Hive Tyrant: Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacs, Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon
157pts

ELITES
3+1 Warriors: Enhanced senses, Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs, Twin Linked deathspitter OR Scything Talons/Barbed Strangler for the heavy
167pts

3+1 Warriors: Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs, Twin Linked Deathspitter OR Scything Talons/Barbed Strangler for the heavy

TROOPS
32 Hormagaunts: Flesh Hooks
352pts

16 Gaunts: FleshBorers
96pts

16 Gaunts: Fleshborers
96pts

7 Genestealers: Extended Carapace, Flesh Hooks
147pts

7 Genestealers: Extended Carapace, Flesh Hooks
147pts

FAST ATTACK
Ravener: Rending Claws, Scything Talons, Devourer
50pts

50pts

50pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
Carnifex(brotherfex): Bonded Exoskeleton, Enhanced Senses, Reinforced Chitin, Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon
183pts

Carnifex(sisterfex): Bonded Exoskeleton, Enhanced Senses, Reinforeced Chitin, Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon
183pts

TOTAL=1996

See less See more
#4 ·
I like the barbedstranglers on the warrior squads and your tyrants. You have a good amount of snyapse too.

I would dropp a few things though. I would drop the devourers off the Raveners. I understand the 6 shooting attacks are awesome, but you really will want to fleet in order to get the rending weapons into combat as soon as you can. I would also split, and drop a few hormgaunts in order to increase each Ravener brood to two.

Like the list.

#5 ·
Thanks all for the responses. The warriors are fire support for the on rushing hoards. With the Deathspitters twinlinked I should be hitting 75% of the time with their BS. Couple with that its usually one and two partials with that template at str 6 probably killing one guy per shot. Thats three shots per group. Not to mention the barbed strangler shot at the end of that group. Even though its a 50-50 to hit with it, its a large blast and causes pinning test which I have found extremely useful when it happens because it STOPS SHOOTING :).

The Raveners with guns im just experimenting with. Im pretty sure Im going to go back the old way but I wanted to see if anything comes from it.

Ill split the hormagaunts into two after listening to the recomendations and reading some tacticas about more groups equally more scoring units to hold quarters and spread his fire around.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.