400 pt. Combat Patrol - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

400 pt. Combat Patrol

Hey there people... my first post on Eldar Librarium, and my first attempt at Eldar. I've been playing a lot in the old 2nd edition, and a few games in 4th, but I'm a bit shaky on some of the rules.

I'm going to play in a few Combat Patrols as a part of a friendly campaign, leading up to some larger games in the future. I'm going to face Eldar, Necrons, Tyranids, and IG. I have to make a take "all" commers list, as we are not allowed to tailor our armies to each opponent.

This is the list I plan on taking...

7 Striking Scorpions, Exarch (claw, stalker) - 144
    5 Pathfinders - 120
    War walker (Star Cannon/Scatter Laser) - 70
    War walker (Star Cannon/Scatter Laser) - 70

404 points (this won't be a problem)

The Necrons shouldn't be a problem, as my snipers can handle his Tomb Spyder and the war walkers can focus fire to take his immortals. The Tyranids are going "swarm" and will be "easily" outgunned (and held back by the Scorpions). The Eldar could be a problem, but I have no idea what his army includes. IG scares the living crap out of me with this list, with some 40 infantry models, heavy weapons and plasma weapons abundant...

Well, any thoughts on changes I could make, to make my army more viable against IG, while retaining the ability to trounce the Necrons & tyranids? I'm thinking maybe some more bodies on the field

(Sorry for my grammar, english isn't my first language)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Hello mate.

Well, for an all comers list, i would certainly lose the rangers. I would replace them with Dire Avengers, with an exarch and bladestorm. As they are great all round troops. So, lets see what we can fit in.

8 Dire Avengers
    Exarch
    Twin Catapults (its cheapest)
    Bladestorm

In combat patrol i would keep these as cheap as possible. As they will die horribly to anything, so use their range as defense.

War Walker
    Twin Scatter Lasers

War Walker
    Twin Scatter Lasers

Thats 248 Points, now the scorpions, this could be problematic.

6 Scorpions
    Shadowstrike
    Stalker
    Exarch
    Claw

That gives you 396 points, so your not over. Though if your a bit over and your group doesnt mind, then try to fit in another avenger =)

If you manage to get the avenger in that brigns the model count to 17, still tiny, but better against hordes!
    Last edited by Archnomad; November 2nd, 2007 at 22:06.
    omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ex-tookool126 DieHardSaintKildaSupporter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd take a single walker and max out both the scorps and DA, never mix weapons on a war walker they're made for a certain role and mixing weapons will make them much less effective.
    Signed Sealed Saint
    Fortius Quo Fidelius

+ Reply to Thread