Eldar 1500 army ADVISE NEEDED - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar 1500 army ADVISE NEEDED

i have nothing bought...

Autarch

6 swooping hawks

7 warp spiders

6 fire dragons

7 harlequin troops

Falcon anti-grav tank

Wraithlord

5 rangers

5 rangers

10 guardians with warlock

Is there any that could be better? any advise?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Autarch - Give him wings and a fusion gun for tank hunting. Or a bike & lance. Other Autarchs suck and are better replaced by farseers or prince Yriel.

6 swooping hawks - The haywire grenades are the only redeeming feature of these guys. Warp spiders are better.

7 warp spiders - get hit & run, powerblades and a dual spinner.

6 fire dragons - just use 5 or 6 with no upgrades in a transport. Using the falcon is acceptable but a dedicated transport is better.

7 harlequin troops - you need a shadowseer and 4-6 kisses in this unit.

Falcon anti-grav tank - Holo fields and spirit stones. Most people then take a scatter laser but I do like starcannon. Underslung option can be good if you have the points.

Wraithlord - Suggest BL & Sword or BL & EML

5 rangers - Pathfinders are beetter but I still don't like either. One unit max.

5 rangers

10 guardians with warlock - Not great. Dire avengers are better. I keep guardians cheap such as 10 with shuriken cannon for 85 points.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How bout this...

Autarch - wings and a fusion gun

6 swooping hawks -

7 warp spiders - get hit & run, powerblades and a dual spinner.

6 fire dragons -

7 harlequin troops - shadowseer 6 kisses in this unit.

Falcon anti-grav tank - Holo fields and spirit stones. scatter laser + starcannon (what is Underslung?)

Wraithlord - BL & EML

5 rangers

Wave Serpant

seer somewhere...
    Last edited by MR Cake; November 6th, 2007 at 07:58. Reason: Mistake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

You don't have enough troops.

Your list suffers from not having a purpose. You have a whole lot of good units, but not any that will work together. Figure out what you want your army to do, then pick units that fit the goal.

A falcon can't have both a starcannon and the scatter laser. Under-slung is the shuriken cannon that is underneath the Falcon. A wave serpent is a dedicated transport, but you have nothing inside, it also needs to have a weapon. Do you own the codex yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All my freinds have Space Marines so i want something that has a chance against them... espeically Termainators

I HAVE THE CODEX

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

I think then you need to use your codex to develop your army list.

Tell us what units you are taking and their upgrades. Also include the total points cost for each unit so we can see if you are wasting points anywhere. Remember you need two troop choices.

Tell us who goes in which transport. Remember serpents have to be dedicated transports assigned to a unit but falcons are free range.

Banshees backed up by doom, Harlequin kisses and falcons with starcannon are probably your best units against terminators. Fire dragons can have their uses against them too but they will probably have only one shot. Lance armed autarch on bike with a shining spear unit is also ideal to take them out.

Against MEQs the dark reapers are good on open terrain and Vipers with 2 shuriken cannon make good harrasing units and can hunt down landspeeders with glee. 3 walkers with 2 scatter lasers each can provide a good fire base especialy with guide.

And get rid of those swooping hawks. Apart from monolith bashing, they suck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ - Autarch with swooping hawk wings, Banshee mask, power weapon and fusion gun = 113 points

Troops - 5 rangers = 95 points
    Troops - 10 dire avengers, exarch with shimmershield and power weapon and bladestorm = 162 points

Fast Attack - 7 warp spiders,suprise assault, extra death spinner for exarch = 181 points
    Fast Attack - 2 Vypers, EML, Bright Lance, vectored engines = 180 points

Wave Serpant - dedicated transport dire avengers,vectored engines+spirit stones, Starcannons =155 points
    Falcon Grav Tank - transports firedragons, holo field+vectored engines, BL = 200 points
    Wraithlord - starcannon + EML = 145 points

Elites - 6 fire dragons, crack shot = 101 points
    Elites - 6 harlequins, death jester, shadowseer, 4 harleqin kisses = 164 points

Total Points = 1496

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres my list if it will help, It's a little different but it is highly mobile and known to give marines fits.
    Farseer with jetbike, Mind war, Doom, Spirit Stones
    10 Howling banshees with no Exarch & Wave Serpent
    10 Howling banshees with no Exarch & Wave Serpent
    2x 6 man squads of Dire Avengers I carry in my Falcons. suprisingly effective.
    3x Falcons with holofields scatter laser and Shuriken cannon.
    3K Highest Elves
    2K RavenWing
    2K Saim-Hann Eldar
    3K Tau
    4K Pts Freaky Fast ORCS
    5K Hive Fleet Devourer
    2.5K Bretonnian Knights
    3K Tomb Kings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK lets kick[QUOTE=MR Cake;1036553]HQ - Autarch with swooping hawk wings, Banshee mask, power weapon and fusion gun = 113 points
    Prety useless against marines in particular, the Autaarch lacks the str and T to do damage or be a combat monster, even tac squads will eventually bring him down, the really only viable use of an autarch is to put him on a bike and have him hang around with shining spears, however with your list I would either opt for Yriel or go for one of the pheonix lords
    Troops - 5 rangers = 95 points
    Dunno who it was made the point, probably madcat, but always upgrade these to pathfinders, again they are not brilliant against marines, they wont kill fast enough
    Troops - 10 dire avengers, exarch with shimmershield and power weapon and bladestorm = 162 points
    Good but if you have gone for shimmer shield take defend
    Fast Attack - 7 warp spiders,suprise assault, extra death spinner for exarch = 181 points
    I like powerpblades on the exarch too and would sacrifice a spider to get them but fine
    Fast Attack - 2 Vypers, EML, Bright Lance, vectored engines = 180 points
    lord no! dont waste upgrades on vypers, ditch the VE.
    Split the squad in to 2, (always field as many squads with as few as possible numbers for vypers
    dont put single shot weapons like bright lances and EML on vypers, their BS is naff, you only hit half the time, if you have a BL its purpose is to take out a tank before it takes your army out, hitting half the time becoems a liability, there arae far better ways to get AT in there
    Prefered config for vypers is multi shot weapons (normally Scatter laser or shuriken cannon) with the catapults upgraded to cannon, this makes it a lethal light to medium vehicle hunter and gives it some anti tank capability, however, given you are facing off against a lot of termies, star cannon may be nice
    Wave Serpant - dedicated transport dire avengers,vectored engines+spirit stones, Starcannons =155 points
    Vectored engines are only necessary on transports for assault troops, ditch them. Otherwise fine
    Falcon Grav Tank - transports firedragons, holo field+vectored engines, BL = 200 points
    not a big fan of dragons in falcons, if you are worried about termies then b all means take dragons but I would use dedicated transports (serpents) - as far as the config goes, ditch the vectored engines but take spirit stones, and dont ever put bright lances on falcons, their main weapons are the pulse lasers, the other weapon should be defensive, I recomend, givenyour termie woes, another star cannon
    Wraithlord - starcannon + EML = 145 points
    far better place to but a bright lance, a WL with BL and EML is an excellent source of AT
    Elites - 6 fire dragons, crack shot = 101 points
    You cant take an exarch skill without an exarch, and to be honest you dont need one,
    Elites - 6 harlequins, death jester, shadowseer, 4 harleqin kisses = 164 points

Total Points = 1496
    lose the death jester, he is pointless
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

OK Mr Cake, List is looking quite good now.

HQ: Good tank hunter and will give the warp spiders a boost in combat. Mandiblasters may be better than the mask but only as a points filler at the end. You may want to give him the warp jump pack instead so he and the spiders can use the jump in the assault phase together. He would also benefit from hit & run.

Rangers: ok.
    Avengers: Super.
    Wave Serpent: Fine. The underslung shuriken cannon can help here if you have the points.

Warp Spiders: Get powerblades for the exarch. I would rather have hit & run over deep strike. Your short range weapons can mean deep striking can scatter you out of range losing another turns firepower. Jumping behind cover on turn one then jumping further forewards on turn 2 should get you most of the benefits of deep strike with less risk.

Vipers: Drop vectored engines, keep 'em cheap. I would go for 2 shuriken cannon each or a single bright lance. Use them as independant squadrons of one.

Falcon: I Don't like the bright lance. If you fire it and the pulse laser then you can't move more than 6" therefore all hits on you are no longer glancing. Go for scatter laser or starcannon. Get spirit stones for sure. Considder dropping vectored engines if you need points.

Wraithlord: If your falcon uses starcannon then give this guy the bright lance and EML. He has better balistic skill than the falcon and doesn't slow down for firing 2 St7+ weapons like tanks do. You will suffer from wraithsight as there are no farseers or warlocks in the list. You could risk it or swap the HQ for a farseer or drop scouts for 10 guardians and a warlock to stand near the wraithlord.

Fire dragons: To get crack shot you must pay for an exarch upgrade. I wouldn't bother.

Harlequins: OK. Maybe drop the deathjester for more chaps in the unit. He currently stops you fleeting if he shoots and the weapon is not that fantastic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast