2k Fast Assault List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k Fast Assault List

HQ
    1 Hive Tyrant w/2xScything Talons, Wings, Toxin Sacs, Toxic Miasma, Adrenal Glands(WS), Warp Field - 188 points

Elites
    3 Warriors w/Scything Talons, Rending Claws, Leaping, Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands (I) - 123 points
    3 Warriors w/Scything Talons, Rending Claws, Leaping, Extended Carapace, Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands (I) - 123 points

Troops
    9 Genestealers w/Extended Carapace - 180 points

Fast Attack
    2 Raveners w/Scything Talons, Rending Claws - 80

Heavy Support
    1 Carnifex w/Venom Cannon, Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands (I), Adrenal Glands (WS), Bonded Exoskeleton, Enhanced Senses, Flesh Hooks, Reinforced Chitin, Tail Weapon: Mace, Toxic Miasma, Tusked- 205 points
    1 Carnifex w/Venom Cannon, Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands (I), Adrenal Glands (WS), Bonded Exoskeleton, Enhanced Senses, Flesh Hooks, Reinforced Chitin, Tail Weapon: Mace, Toxic Miasma, Tusked- 205 points
    3 Zoanthropes w/Warp Blast, Psychic Scream - 195 points

I know the 'fexes are a bit pricey, but I hate the thought of put a single-shot weapon on a something with such low BS, and wanted them to be able to handle being assaulted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Overall, I think the list looks fairly solid. There are some things that I would like to point out though. You have little to no range, especially if your fexes ever get into combat. You also have few models for the point syou are playing. I think though that it should work okay.

HQ
    1 Hive Tyrant w/2xScything Talons, Wings, Toxin Sacs, Toxic Miasma, Adrenal Glands(WS), Warp Field - 188 points
    Pretty solid. I would replace the adrenal glands with the I adrenal gland though. The toxic miasma is going to take care of it and I really don't think you need more than one WS modifier. You do however want your tyrant to hit hard and fast.

Elites
    Again, these look pretty good. I really don't have any critisism with them as that's how I like to run my warriors

Troops

Fast Attack
    Looks fine.

Sorry, but you really need to cut these down some. Your list lacks any firepower without the heavy support and I think you really need the BS. It may only hit 3 times in the game per fex, but it has a good shot of hurting most vehicles and it absolutely shreds troops. It far outperforms the VC in the later of the two uses. In cc, the fex really doesn't have to own. They are already good being MCs and your list is fast enough that I think it can help them out quickly.

Tusked really isn't worth the points IMO as are the adrenal glands and mace tail. They all add few bonuses to something that shouldn't be in cc and is relatively easy to keep out, atleast in my experience. I would also suggest only 1 defensive upgrade. I'm a big fan of the standard sniper fex with one defensive upgrade. Besides every point you save can help buy more stealers

If you do really hate doing it that much, you could try proxying them for a couple games and see which version you think works better.

3 Zoanthropes w/Warp Blast, Psychic Scream - 195 points
    Look good.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

+ Reply to Thread