1500.p With 20 infiltrating scorpions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500.p With 20 infiltrating scorpions

Hello all.

I just got my Striking scorpions today and oh my what beautiful models. I have also come up with a great paint scheme and all I can say is that I need more of them.
    This leads me to my post since I now want to base my growing army around them.

This is what I have come up with this far, I can change everything but the scorpions, exept by adding more of them 8Y.

Autarch: Power Weapon, Fusion gun, Mandiblasters, Swooping Hawk wings 120.p

10x Striking Scorpions: Exarch, claw, shadowstrike, stalker 212.p

3x Jetbikes: 1x Shuriken Cannon, 76.p

6x Warp Spiders: Exarch, Dual Death spinners 150.p

Vyper: Dual Shuriken cannons 60.p

Fire Prism: Holo Field, Spirit stones. 160.p

3x Warwalkers 6x EML's 210.p

1496.p

The Autarch is there for tank hunting, assisting in assaults or take out small squads of weak infantry, and his master startegist rule is a nice adition to the army.

The Scorpions will infiltrate close to the enemy in some nice cover and then do what they do best, slicing the enemy up in assaults.

The Jetbikes, Vypers and Spiders are there to harass the enemy, take objectives and hunt light vehichles. If I could afford it I would add a worlock to the Jetbike squadrons but it would mean that I have to drop the Spiders and I dont think that it would be the best option.

Lastly my firebase. The Prisims will target enemy heavy armour and then turn it's guns to infantry and help the Scorpions, I like these since they work on everything, they just don't specialice in one type of foe.

The walkers will also help to target heavy armour or massed infantry. I have equipped them with EML since I want a weapon that can deal with all kinds of foes, and I dont like Bright lances.

This army is based around the consept of "Scatter laser > Star cannon" syndrome, that it is better to have a large number of attacks so the enemy is forced to take alot of armour saves than a small nuber of attacks that kill the enemy outright.
    This means that my army is good against MEQ's, Awsome against GEQ's and awfull against Terminators and equivalent. I see this as my greatest weakness that I lack low AP weapons, exept for the Prisms, though I hope that the combination of Prisms, Claws and the Autarch can deal with these but this area is definitely my big weakness.

When I expand this army to 2000p I will add a unit of Shining spears and a Laser lance Autarch but I dont have the points for that now, and if I where to change something to add these I think that my army will suffer on alot of other places but I'm not shure so if you have any suggestions please bring em up.

Last edited by Kokaka; November 9th, 2007 at 19:49.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not use karandras with the list? 3 War walkers with EML and 2 prisms should be suffiencent AT against most armies. Also give the spiders withdraw to stop them gettin bogged down in combat

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

I'll just comment on this list portion, for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokaka View Post
    Autarch: Power Weapon, Fusion gun, Mandiblasters, Swooping Hawk wings 120.p
    Why is he hoping to accomplish? You've got him geared towards killing GEQ and hunting tanks. Go with one or the other, or drop him entirely, or kit him out differently.

No problems, since these are untouchable.

These guys need a warlock with singing spear and embolden. Use these guys as tank hunters.

6x Warp Spiders: Exarch, Dual Death spinners 150.p
    Full squad disparately needed.

Perfect.

Fine.

3x Warwalkers 6x EML's 210.p

1496.p
    I'd vote your ODing on the heavy support. I would drop these to fill out squads and your troop section. You've got plenty of firepower that can kill massed infantry and light vehicles; the walkers are superfluous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha since i love scorpions too ill try to fill your head with my ideas lol.

Ok so drop the autarch. Hes not gonna work out as you think. Take a guide seer with your war walkers for long range support.

Scorpions, what the hell lets take another unit! haha 3 units of 10 with scorp claws and infiltrate and move through cover.

i like rangers with this list because they infiltrate as well and can plop down on objectives and live it out with cover saves and pinning shots. ( not versus MEQs maybe but against other troops they can do wonders) So maybe 2 units of them at 8-10, or 3 units at around 5-6 what ever you prefer.

Jetbikes at 3 man strong are kind of flimsy, look into the warlock with SS or just look for the points of getting up to 6 men a piece for another shuri cannon! (either 5 man with warlock/Singing spear or 6 man with 2 cannons is around 150-160pts.)

I love the vypers, i would never change them.

no need for the prisms as you said yourself youll be in the enemies face pretty quickly, stick with the WarWalkers and if you like EML then perfect! use them to tank hunt with guide or use them to pin the enemy alongside your rangers!

If you are going for infiltrate you should go balls out!

+ Reply to Thread