My nid list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My nid list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My nid list

Hello all, let me start off by saying i am a new member and am somewhat new to warhammer. i play in the chicago area and i dont feel im too bad. i have two army's, soon to be 3. i have a 4-0 space marine list, 3 dreads, 2 terms(iron hands, and some dwarfs. but im here to talk about my nids im starting.heres my "no-fex, gene list"

HQ: Hive Tyrant 223
    Biomorphs:bioplasma, 2 adrenal glands, extended carpace, implant attack, toxin sacs, winged Weapons: sytthing talons(possibley two dont know whats better?) rending claws
    Hive mind power: Warp Blast

Elites:3 warriors 122
    with enhanced senses toxin sacs Weapons:1 venom cannon and 2 deathspiters, 3 sycthing talons.

3 warriors 111
    2 adrenal glands, extended carapace, toxin sacs, and leaping, 2 sets of sycthing talons each.

3 lictors(IMPORTANT GATTA LOVE LICTORS) 240

Troops: 12 genestealers 348
    implant attack, toxin sacs, scuttlers, extended carapace

32 hormagaunts 480
    2 adrenals, extended carapace, toxin sacs

4 rippers 80
    1 adrenal gland, extended carapace, leaping, toxin sacs

fast:possible ravs? any good?

heavy:3 zaothropes 165
    powers:warp blast

2 biovores 107
    toxin , bio-acid mines.

carnifex? i want one but want to have an original list none else has in my area if you understand what i mean

Any comments/ help NEEDED. PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS LIST IS HORRIBLE. thank you again

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K-WEEZY View Post
    Biomorphs:bioplasma, 2 adrenal glands, extended carpace, implant attack, toxin sacs, winged Weapons: sytthing talons(possibley two dont know whats better?) rending claws
    - Rending claws are useless as the creature ignores saves regardless. An extra attack will be of more use than the rending ability.
    - Warp blast is an option that i considered, but i think that it probably costs more points than what you would realistically take out of an opponents if your tyrant is in combat all the time.
    - Bioplasma/implant i personally wouldnt worry about. Too many points for the poor return.
    - You cant have an extended carapace and wings on the same model.

Thats a lot of points to be spending on only 12 genestealers. Consider dropping the implant attack and the toxin sacs.

32 hormagaunts 480
    Once again a lot of upgrades for an easily taken out model. The cheaper the better.

4 rippers 80
    Ditto.

I like.
    Consider giving them Synapse if you decide to run more gaunts at any stage.

2 biovores 107
    toxin , bio-acid mines.
    Personally not a fan of biovores but thats just me.
    Chaos - 11W 0L 0D
    Orks - 8W 0L 0D
    Tyranids - 8W 0L 0D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make this a shooty HQ (you have little ranged attack) VC, BS... and you can still charge for CC. See the sticky at the top of this forum for some good builds.

with enhanced senses toxin sacs Weapons:1 venom cannon and 2 deathspiters, 3 sycthing talons.
    Nice. You could use these as support for the HQ.

3 warriors 111
    2 adrenal glands, extended carapace, toxin sacs, and leaping, 2 sets of sycthing talons each.
    Not bad, probably only 1 AG and swap out one set of ST for alternatives; rending, a weapon... swap leaping for wings and use it as one of your fast attacks?

Make sure you DS these into cover

too expensive IMO. Implant is definately a waste and Toxins are probably overkill. Scuttlers are personal taste and do add something, but at a points cost.

32 hormagaunts 480
    You have too few troop units.
    These are far too expensive... the most expensive gaunts with enhancemets! If you took standard Spines, this would be 96 models for the same cost ! Whilst they might be original, they are a waste of points and fail to provide the basic cover a horde of Spines and/or Terma's will.

See winged-warriors above.
    If you want to keep the overground-horde feel, you could use Garg's - these are not used so often and will fit in with your "unique" list.
    Raveners can be devastaing in combination with Stealers and Garg's but, keep them in cover when you DS them and in Synapse (even though they don't need it) when in CC... they are too fragile to fight w/o it! Alternatively swap them for stealers (you lack troop units)

I would take Warp field to increase the life expectancy. Warp Blast here is a powerful tool if used right. Don't expect more than a couple of shots tho as you will be out of range for 1/2 the game.

2 biovores 107
    toxin , bio-acid mines.
    I cant see the point of these; they are expensive and unreliable IMO. I would drop these for a fex.. cheap sniper fex maybe?

carnifex? i want one but want to have an original list none else has in my area if you understand what i mean

Any comments/ help NEEDED. PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS LIST IS HORRIBLE. thank you again
    It's a nice list and with the addition of some other, rarley utilised units, could provide your opponents with something to think about.
    Last edited by Weezhard; November 16th, 2007 at 20:19. Reason: One day, I will spell chack BEFORE i post.
    Nothing to see here, please move along.
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the bug army. These are my viewpoints take or leave them.
    If you run the winged HT then you either run it shooting or c&c.
    c&c- I, WS, toxin sacs, 2xST, winged and warp field since you can not have extended carapace on a winged creature in bug army.
    Shooting-ES,TS,2xtldev,warp field, winged- this will give you 12 shots with reroll misses and wounds (my favorite)

I like shooting warriors but with tldev instead of ds and st because each warrior will get 4 shots reroll misses and wounds but that is me. One with vc is fine or not your choice.
    3 warriors 111
    c&c warriors is fine but I would drop on ST get rending (I love those six's).
    Good
    I would drop implant and ts and maybe scuttler. Plus put them in 2 squads of 6
    32 hormagaunts 480

Too many points just like the gs. What are the job of hormagaunts? To tie up units until good stuff get there ? Then drop everything go basic. Try to win the battle then keep TS.
    Also change into 2 squads of 16
    [
    4 rippers 80
    Again too many points. IF you drop extended carapace, ag and ts.You could get more rippers. I am assuming these are to tie up units.
    I love them with st and rc.
    They come with warp field and I would give them warp blast and synaspe. The main reasons are two fold. One, you never have enough synaspe . Two, I do not have to worry about staying in synapse range to avoid instant kill since I am a synaspe creature.

If you make these changes you could get more rippers, hormagaunts and my favorite ravenors.Another reason I suggested you break into smaller squads is that will give you more squads and he will not be able to get them all. Some units will get there untouch most of the time. These are my viewpoints so do with them as you please.
    Goodluck and good hunting
    Bonekrusher
    Last edited by bonekrusher; November 16th, 2007 at 14:24.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Note for the future:

Army lists belong in the army list subsections of each respective race.

Cheers

Karmoon
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread