Librarium Online Forums banner

1500 Tyranid List - First List

443 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Ironangel256 
#1 ·
So here its, my first try. I wanted a CC force with plenty of numbers, backed up by hitting power and some long range shootyness. Anyway, to the list!

HQ

Hive Tyrant (182)
- Wings, 2x Scything Talons, Toxin Sacks, Adrenal Glands (WS) and Warp Field

Broodlord (290)
- Toxin sacs and Extended Carapace
- 10 Genestealer retinue with Extended Carapace

Troops

10 Genestealers (200)
- Extended Carapace

10 Hormagaunts (100)

10 Hormagaunts (100)

10 Spinegaunts (50)

10 Spinegaunts (50)

Heavy Support

Carnifex (148)
- Enhanced Senses, Venom Cannon and Barbed Strangler

Carnifex (148)

2 Zoanthropes (130)
- Synapse and Warp Blast

Total: 1398
Models: 66
Monstrous Creatures: 3

So 102 points left, and I have no idea what to do with them. Some thoughts I have had are:

- Leaping warriors for synapse
- An elite dakkafex
- More of the same gaunts and genestealers
- Raveners

But I can't quite decide which. So any advice/critiscm/suggestions?

Thanks in advance8Y

See less See more
#2 ·
HQ
Hive Tyrant (182)
- Wings, 2x Scything Talons, Toxin Sacks, Adrenal Glands (WS) and Warp Field
You may want to consider AG(I) as well. Although not all armies have high-initiative models, occasionally that extra point means the difference between striking last and striking simultaneously with a CC-tooled HQ.

Broodlord (290)
- Toxin sacs and Extended Carapace
- 10 Genestealer retinue with Extended Carapace
You've got a few too many genestealers in the retinue. Drop them down to 5-6 to make infiltrating your Brood Lord easier, and move the rest into your Genestealer squad. You can probably do without Toxin Sacs on the Brood Lord against most armies, but you should seriously consider Flesh Hooks for him (the Retinue doesn't need them) so that he'll strike simultaneously against troops that are in cover.

Troops

10 Genestealers (200)
- Extended Carapace
These guys are a staple. Since you'll be adding 4-5 more genestealers to this squad, it may be a good idea to break them into two squads, which also helps fill out your deployment.

10 Hormagaunts (100)

10 Hormagaunts (100)
I'm not a fan of Hormies, and there just aren't enough of them here. You really shouldn't be fielding less then 12 gaunts in a brood (except in very rare circumstances), as they'll drop to enemy fire far too quickly. Ideal brood size for gaunts is 12-16, and I really can't advice taking more then twenty in a single brood (because doing so makes the squad become an unmaneuverable horde of template-bait).

10 Spinegaunts (50)

10 Spinegaunts (50)
Same as above, you just have too few for my liking. It won't take Tactial Marines long to utterly decimate these squads, especially if they wind up in rapid-fire range.

Heavy Support

Carnifex (148)

Carnifex (148)
These guys are good. At this point level, Extended Carapace might not be worthwhile. If you've got some spare points, consider reinforced chitin to make it a little harder for these guys to be taken down in a turn or two.

2 Zoanthropes (130)
- Synapse and Warp Blast
I will never argue against Zoanthropes. They're awesome.

So 102 points left, and I have no idea what to do with them. Some thoughts I have had are:

- Leaping warriors for synapse
Can't advise this in your list. Warriors are far too squishy.

- An elite dakkafex
Comes out to 113 points (2x devourers and enhanced senses), but a very viable option if you can find somewhere to free up some points.

- More of the same gaunts and genestealers
You don't need more Genestealers... but you should seriously consider beefing up those Gaunt squads.

- Raveners
Not really worthwhile unless you can get three... and field them as three broods of one Ravener (but then play them together on the field) in order to ensure at least one gets to the enemy lines.

#3 ·
I know that what has already been said by ninja is that warriors are squishy but infairness giving yourself more synapse would help out for the gaunts units as your main focus for this would be the Hive Tyrant being the only thing that can keep up with their movement

#4 ·
but infairness giving yourself more synapse would help out for the gaunts units as your main focus for this would be the Hive Tyrant being the only thing that can keep up with their movement
don't forget that the broodlord is infiltrating as well, I think the synapse web is fine.

I would actually just drop the extra stealers from the broodlords retinue in order to flesh out your gaunts and then make the choice between either a dakka fex or raveners with the left over points.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.