1500pts need some advise, need some wins! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    NW England
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x4)

1500pts need some advise, need some wins!

H.Q - 230

Elites - 427
    10 x Howling banshees, Exarch, Executioner
    Wave serpent, T L Brightlance, Spirit stones, Vectored engines
    5 x Fire dragons

Troops - 295
    5 x Pathfinders
    15 x Guardians, Scatter laser, Warlock, Conceal

Heavy Support - 515
    Wraithlord, Brightlance, EML
    Falcon, Spirit stones, Holo feilds, Scatter laser, Shuriken cannon
    Falcon, Spirit stones, Holo feilds, Shuriken cannon, Shuriken cannon

Total - 1467

Following on from the PL in a falcon idea heres what ive come up with, some points left over to have a fiddle with.

Idea is for a second turn charge with the banshees / dragons / PL going after their specific targets. HB goes after troops, FD goes after elites, MCs, tanks and Asurmen hunts ICs and heavy weapon squads.

The general idea is that i DONT WANT TO WIN COMBAT THE TURN I CHARGE, just do enough damage to ensure mimimum casulties back. This blocks LOS to my tanks and forces the enemy to either join a long combat against my elites or hunt my hard - as - nails tanks thus losing the combats. Of course if i win combat positioning will be important to consolidate.

Tanks from turn 2 become support fire power to the combats, picking of the next target on the squads hit list / or the troublesome targets. Solid block of infantry to hold my deployment zone / go for objectives / take potshots / move up to help combats.

Mabye im wishful thinking to much so any and all comments welcome. Only thing i think i need is mabey a plan b if things go wrong. Mind you if i lose more than 1 transport in 1 turn of sooting ill cry! (Note to self :- stay away from assault cannons, i hate em!) :happy:

Last edited by Pheonix Lord; November 25th, 2007 at 18:03. Reason: Spelling

2. Remove Advertisements

9 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

HQ: Very expensive but hard to kill. For simmilar points you could get an avatar and a dedicated farseer to follow it round casting fortune upon it. Rerollable 3+ armour or 4+ invulnerable saves and T6! I really think that Prince Yiriel would be a more cost effective version or even a biker autarch with lance.

Banshees: Great unit and an exelent transport (a little expensive but it has a decent secondary role afrer taxi duty).

Dragons: ok.

Pathfinders: I don't think they are worth it. They don't kill things fast enough.

Guardians: Wouldn't 10 DAs with blade storm work better? I suppose you need the warlock to prevent the wraithlord day dreaming.

Wraithlord: Classic

Falcons: Fine.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

+ Reply to Thread