1000 Point Competitive [first try] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Point Competitive [first try]

Quote Originally Posted by List #1
    996 Points

HQ: Maugan Ra = 195

TROOP: 6x Pathfinders = 144

ELITE: 6x Harlequin + Shadowseer + Kisses = 162

ELITE: 6x Fire Dragons + Exarch + Firepike + Crack Shot + Tank Hunters = 136

HEAVY: Falcon + Starcannon + Pulse Laser + Shuriken Cannon + Vectored Engines + Holofields + Spirit Stones = 215
    The goal is to either load up my Fire Dragons or Harlequins into my Falcon depending on what my opponent is going.

Maugan Ra stays because I think he's utterly ridiculous and tears entire units up by himself.

The Pathfinders, however, is what's debatable int his particular army list. If you guys can think of something better, please let me know.

Brothers! Strike for the Chapter, and the Inquisition!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

your problems will run thus:

The pathfinders dont kill fast enough, your opponent can ignore them

If the dragons are not in the falcon, again your opponent can ignore them, if they are, then the exarch is a waste of points

So that leaves you with just under 600 points of effective army to deal with your opponents 1000 points

you need yto make decent use of all your points, particularly with eldar, who tend to be expensive and fragile, firt step is sort out your troops
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So instead of 2x groups of Pathfinders, what would you suggest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

996 Points

ELITE: 6x Harlequin + Shadowseer + Kisses = 162

ELITE: 6x Fire Dragons + Exarch + Firepike + Crack Shot + Tank Hunters = 136

HEAVY: Falcon + Starcannon + Pulse Laser + Shuriken Cannon + Vectored Engines + Holofields + Spirit Stones = 215

Drop 1 pathfinder squad, the fire dragon exarch and toys, the vectored engines and downgrade the star cannon to a shurican cannon. this gets you 232pts to play with i think. A good unit of Dire avengers (10 with exarch, twin shur, bladestorm) 152, leaving 80 pts, get a farseer with doom for the 80 pts (for the pathfinders / harlies squade that their attacking). I like pheonix lords to but a 1000pt game is pushing it, Drop him and another falcon for the harlies (drop the shadowseer) tho 152 is 13pts below the above falcon set up i mentioned, drop a pathfinder?

KK somthing like this. . .

HQ: Farseer, Doom = 80

TROOP: 10 x Dire Avengers, Exarch, Bladestorm, Dule shuriken cats = 152

TROOP: 5 x Pathfinders = 120

ELITE: 6x Harlequin, Kisses = 132

ELITE: 6x Fire Dragons = 96

HEAVY: Falcon, Shuriken Cannon, Shuricken Cannon, Holofields, Spirit Stones = 175

HEAVY: Falcon, Shuriken Cannon, Shuricken Cannon, Holofields, Spirit Stones = 175

Bah ive done the maths and this comes to 930!! oh well suppose u can have those two vectored engines and two more pathfinders now! Play with 70 pts, id upgrade the farseer abit with Spirit stons, Runes of witnessing and Elderich storm (spin tanks for back armour for ur falcons and always fun for hords plus you could cast doom on em first...) or SS, ROW and fortune (always usfull) or finaly SS, ROW and Mind war (Nothing more satisfying than making that powerfist / lascannon / exarchs head go pop!).

Like i said befor i realy do like PLs (Asurmens my fav) but a 1000pt game is tight and u do say you want it to be competitive...
    End of the day youve now got more bodies (only three but hey), more tanks (3 falcons are hard as nails at 1500 so 2 at 1000 should be cool), more manoverablity for your harlies (they wont get shot up!), and more firepower.
    Last edited by Pheonix Lord; November 27th, 2007 at 04:52. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to have to insist on taking Maugan Ra. He's one of the simple reasons I'm trying Eldar in the first place

How does this list look?

989 Points

TROOP: 10x Dire Avengers w/ Exarch + Dual Shuriken + Bladestorm = 152
    ELITE: 6x Harlequin w/ Shadowseer + Kisses = 162
    ELITE: 6x Fire Dragons w/ Exarch + Firepike + Crack Shot = 121
    HEAVY: Falcon w/ Starcannon + Shuriken Cannon + Holo + Stones + Vector = 215

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

ok switching it a little, lets make the DA into a tar pit (give the exarch shimmer shield, defend and bladestorm) then add a shadow seer to the harlequins, they can sit behind the DA and dig them out of charges, the harleys no longer need a falcon, ditch that and the dragons and you can add another DA squad and something else, possible vypers or AT wraithlord?
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

989 Points

Ok Maugen ra stays. Those fire dragons have to either go or get trimed down, the exarck is not woth it, just run at 6 dragons. The falcon needs to be trimed down to, for a 1000pt game 2/5ths of your points are going into magun and this falcon, do you realy think think there going to make back there points? Hell throw in the dragons and thats more than half your army for 7 men and a tank!

Hmm taking some pointers for cheredines post how about this.

TROOP: 10x Dire Avengers w/ Exarch + Shimmer sheild + Bladestorm + Defend = 177

HEAVY: Wraithlord w/ Bright lance + EML = 155

Tolat = 1010 (Drop a pathfinder or a DA?)

Any hew youve got a solid line of infantry backed up by the punch of the harlies / wraithlord / magun ra. Pathfinders take pot shots, WL gets to hunt tanks, MR can hut tanks (it is just a souped up ass cannon) or shoot troops (use crack shot for ones in cover). Only problems with list is reliance on cover for your DAs, Wraithlords checking for wraithsight and just 1 basilisk is going to ruin your day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Maugen ra stays. Those fire dragons have to either go or get trimed down, the exarck is not woth it, just run at 6 dragons. The falcon needs to be trimed down to, for a 1000pt game 2/5ths of your points are going into magun and this falcon, do you realy think think there going to make back there points? Hell throw in the dragons and thats more than half your army for 7 men and a tank!

Hmm taking some pointers for cheredines post how about this.

HEAVY: Wraithlord w/ Bright lance + EML = 155

Tolat = 1010 (Drop a pathfinder or a DA?)

Any hew youve got a solid line of infantry backed up by the punch of the harlies / wraithlord / magun ra. Pathfinders take pot shots, WL gets to hunt tanks, MR can hut tanks (it is just a souped up ass cannon) or shoot troops (use crack shot for ones in cover). Only problems with list is reliance on cover for your DAs, Wraithlords checking for wraithsight and just 1 basilisk is going to ruin your day.
    I was going to keep the Fire Dragons in the Falcon and footslog the Harlequins behind the DA. Maugan Ra will be behind the Pathfinders in cover, but in range of enemy troops so then I can focus all my firepower on one side of the board. My enemy has barely any choices but to focus on the Dire Avengers or Falcon. If they fire onto my Falcon, chances of it going down will be ~ 1/36 (double sixes) and my army will crush one side of the board before moving on to the other. The Falcon is also pretty souped up and pretty capable of taking down armor while it moves 12" every time. Depending on what my enemy takes, I can even put Harlequins in there and have them assault anything on the map on turn #2. But then, my Fire Dragons will be pretty useless because they'll have to footslog; hence why they're staying in the Falcon.

Heres the updated list:

989 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

I am going to reiterate what was said above, drop the FD exarch and switch the DA exarch to PW+SS and add defend. Otherwise it's pretty good!
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

999 Points

TROOP: 10x Dire Avengers w/ Exarch + SS + Defend = 162

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast