Waaagh!Wing!!!!!! 2000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waaagh!Wing!!!!!! 2000pts

Ok, so here's a quick list for the ever-enviable Waaaghwing. I've taken Grotsnik over a second Warboss to get those lovely cybork saves on my Meganobz. The buggies should just be objective grabbers or LOS blockers.

I'm very tempted to shove Ghazghull in instead of the Warboss. That guaranteed fleet move is almost too good for Mega Armour to pass up! However he is extremely pricey and I'd have to lose the 'Ard boyz nob and the buggies just to accomodate him. Which isn't so great!

Any comments?

HQ: Warboss, Mega armour, cybork body,

HQ: Mad Dok Grotsnik

Elites: Meganobz, 6, kombi-rokkit launchers, cybork bodies
    Trukk: Red Paint Job, armour plates

Elites:
    Meganobz, 6, kombi-skorchas, cybork bodies

Elites:
    Meganobz, 6, kombi-skorchas, cybork bodies

Troops: Meganobz, 5, kombi-rokkit launchers, cybork bodies

Troops:
    'Ard Boyz, 9 + Nob with Power Klaw,

Fast Attack:
    Warbuggy, twin linked rokkit launcha

Fast Attack: Warbuggy, twin linked rokkit launcha

Heavy Support:
    Battlewagon, Killcannon, 1 big shoota, armour plates, grot riggers, red paint job

Total 2000pts

If I've replied, i've probably used Italics...

www.goodbyeboltgun.blogspot.com - Some of my stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun list, but seems a bit like a 1 trick pony... Those Nob squads are really expensive for the killing power you get (also, if the trukks get blown up they're not going anywhere) and there are a lot of CC squads that will rip them apart: harlequins, banshees, burna boyz, genestealers, even just masses of hormagaunts or ork boyz will give them a lot of trouble.

This seems kind of like a slightly beardy anti meq list (which would only perform well against very select lists)... < 40 models in 2k pts smells funny for orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

If I were considering an anti MEQ list i'd consider burnas/rokkits honestly. However, the list is fluffy and fun for an ork army that is trying to be "deathwing." I'd convert my trukks to look like drop pods on wheels for full effect.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

34 models in 2000 points is really low...I am just not sure that is enough power to pack a punch. Also I bet you pay a lot for those kombi-scortchas, and I would be they turn out to be pretty ineffecient as you are probably going to use fleet on the turn you would get the best chance to use them (turn 2, after a large truck advance). I would probably see if you could cut those out and replace them with Killa Kans, or more models...I think either would be more helpfull, and still fit the theme of the Big armor list.

I however don't have the codex, or play orks (or deathwing) so maybe my advice is not as helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's certainly not a competetive list, I'd only play this for fun (if I had that many mega armoured models, which would cost waaay too much unless I can convert them somehow!)

I can see the point about losing the rokkits/skorchas, If i did i'd have 115pts to spare, which i'd probably spend on either a looted wagon with a boomgun (because we love battlecannons oh yes) or perhaps swap out one of the trukks to get another killcannon armed battlewagon in there to transport whoever lost the trukk.

On the upside, I'd love to see opponents panic about the sheer amount of mega armour on the table!

A tempting list would be

HQ: 2X mega armoured warbosses

Elites: 3 x 10-strong mega armour squads with battlewagon transports

Troops: 2 x 9-strong mega armour squads with battlewagon transports.

Of course that would completely suck against everyone, but wouldn't it be fun to try?
    If I've replied, i've probably used Italics...

www.goodbyeboltgun.blogspot.com - Some of my stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

For a bit of competativeness, take Ghazghkull. He gives you a first turn charge:

13"+2"+6"+D6"

And hes rock hard now!!! I think that this list would slaughter some things... but you either need much more ranged firepower or something that DOESNT strike last in close combat...

EDIT: Ignore that, i just saw you cant WAAAGH first turn.
    omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread