1500 all-comers list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

1500 all-comers list

Well, some of you know me, some of you don't, but I've critiqued a lot of lists in my time, so it's only fair for me to put up my current all-comers list so you guys can rip it apart.

HQ: (206 points (13.7%))
    Hive Tyrant “Baphomet”
    Biomorphs: Toxin Sacs, Toxic Miasma, Wings, Flesh Hooks, Enhanced Senses
    Weapon-Symbiotes: 2x Twin-Linked Devourers
    Hive Mind Powers: Synapse Creature*, The Horror*, Warp Field

Elites: (193 points (13%))
    Carnifex “Gino (Godzilla In Name Only)”
    Biomorphs: Adrenal Glands (Initiative), Bio Plasma
    Weapon-Symbiotes: 2x Scything Talons

Warrior Brood (3 Warriors)
    Biomorphs: Flesh Hooks
    Weapon-Symbiotes: Scything Talons, Rending Claws
    Hive Mind Powers: Synapse Creature*

Troops: (432 points (28.8%))
    Spinegaunt Brood (16 spinegaunts)
    Weapon-Symbiotes: Spinefist

Genestealer Brood (12 Genestealers)
    Weapon-Symbiotes: Rending Claws*

Fast Attack: (192 points (12.8%))
    Gargoyle Brood (8 Gargoyles)
    Biomorphs: Bio-Plasma*
    Weapon-Symbiotes: Fleshborer*

Gargoyle Brood (8 Gargoyles)
    Biomorphs: Bio-Plasma*
    Weapon-Symbiotes: Fleshborer*

Heavy Support: (476 points (31.7%))
    Carnifex “Sturm”
    Biomorphs: Enhanced Senses, Reinforced Chitin
    Weapon-Symbiotes: Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler

Carnifex “Drang”
    Biomorphs: Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace
    Weapon-Symbiotes: Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler

Zoanthrope Brood (2 Zoanthropes)
    Biomorphs: Toxic Miasma*
    Hive Mind Powers: Warp Field*, Synapse Creature, Warp Blast
    Notes: Living Artillery

Total Cost 1499 points

Current tactics:
    All units advance except for the two shooting carnifexes and the warrior brood (which provide synapse for the Carnifexes and act as a counter-charge unit in case they find themselves in Melee). The gargoyles and Hive Tyrant rush a flank (or up the center (wherever enemy firepower is least concentrated)) and get stuck into close combat while the rest of the army advances. The Zoanthropes cover the gaunts, genestealers, and carnifex in the center with Synapse and provide a nasty surprise to any tank that gets too close.

My current issues with this list:
    I'd like to field more synapse (another Zoanthrope would be nice), but this list has performed admirably. The Warriors in the back should stay out of combat for most (even all) of the game and provide me with a scoring unit and a way to get those nasty assault terminators tied up for a turn or two if they teleport in.

Edit:
    And yes, Sturm and Drang DO have different defensive biomorphs. I find armies that are effective against one tend to be less affective against the other, and vice versa.

Last edited by PoptartsNinja; November 29th, 2007 at 00:57. Reason: Clarity, Final notation

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The list looks good, and -- by virtue of having played a game with 'Nids -- you're much more experienced than I. I've just got one question for you: How do you use Gino? Does he just lumber over to a table quarter and sit on it, or... ?

Sorry that I've got little else that's useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    The list looks good, and -- by virtue of having played a game with 'Nids -- you're much more experienced than I. I've just got one question for you: How do you use Gino? Does he just lumber over to a table quarter and sit on it, or... ?

Sorry that I've got little else that's useful.
    I usually charge him up the middle... slowly, and use him to keep assault squads from charging my Zoanthropes. Once I'm sure they're unmolested, I'll charge him into the melees the Gaunts are engaged in and smash things up. If needed, I'll park him in an objective, but only if it's one that would give an extreme advantage to my opponent.

Plus, he's a way for me to gauge my opponent's experience at fighting Tyranids. His model's quite impressive (pictures coming this weekend!). If he draws an inordinate amount of fire early and mid-game... then he's earned his points back. If he doesn't... his slowly-approaching menace can actually make an experienced commander do foolish things (like that time he was charged by Fire Warriors... )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PoptartsNinja View Post
    Elites: (193 points (13%))
    Carnifex “Gino (Godzilla In Name Only)”
    Biomorphs: Adrenal Glands (Initiative), Bio Plasma
    Weapon-Symbiotes: 2x Scything Talons

Warrior Brood (3 Warriors)
    Biomorphs: Flesh Hooks
    Weapon-Symbiotes: Scything Talons, Rending Claws
    Hive Mind Powers: Synapse Creature*
    Nice list. The flyrant is exactly how i run mine, as are the Troops (although slightly different in numbers)

Two questions about the elites:

How does Bioplasma perform? Don't you find that the opponent just removes the one model in base contact after a charge, rendering the rest of the assault round "finished", or do you have an alternative method of implementation?

Also, if the warrior brood "just sits at the back" waiting for a potential Termie strike (great tactic by the way - i might steal that one for myself ) would Deathspitters or Dev's complement this? Even though i personally don't like mixed warrior Symbiotes, they might work well in this environment and I wondered if you had tried this tactic.
    Nothing to see here, please move along.
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Weezhard View Post
    How does Bioplasma perform? Don't you find that the opponent just removes the one model in base contact after a charge, rendering the rest of the assault round "finished", or do you have an alternative method of implementation?
    I always do my best to make sure I'm in base contact with as many models as possible. Plus, by the time my Carnifex does get to charge, they've generally been tied up by Gaunts or Genestealers and have consolidated into an easily-charged ball of troops.

Bio-Plasma performs pretty well for me because it's a strength 10 attack from a low-strength Carnifex that, should an opponent be foolish enough to leave a Skimmer in my way, can knock those down about 50% of the time. Also, the double initiative (which is why I chose AG(I) over AG(WS) trumps some armies, and allows me to go simultaneously with others, which is a big surprise from a Carnifex.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezhard View Post
    Also, if the warrior brood "just sits at the back" waiting for a potential Termie strike (great tactic by the way - i might steal that one for myself ) would Deathspitters or Dev's complement this? Even though i personally don't like mixed warrior Symbiotes, they might work well in this environment and I wondered if you had tried this tactic.
    I considered that, but I wanted to keep them as cheap as possible in case they don't get the chance to do anything. Also, by shooting, they'd draw a bit of fire, and they're a unit I hope my opponent will simply forget is there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will pursue the Bioplasma idea further. Personally, i have always shyed away and it looks like this biomorph may have mileage.

Regarding the warriors, I am in the same camp; keep them cheap and singularly focussed. I will continue down this route.

Thanks Ninja
    Nothing to see here, please move along.
    Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread