Necron - 2000 Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron - 2000 Friendly

1 Necron Lord (HQ)
    WarScythe
    Destroyer Body
    Lightning Field
    Resurrection Orb

10 Scarabs (Fast Attack)
    Disruption Field

1 Necron Lord (HQ)
    Staff of Light
    Resurrection Orb
    Veil of Darkness

10 Immortals (Elites)
    Gauss Blaster

14 Warriors (Troops)
    Gauss Flayer

13 Warriors (Troops)
    Gauss Flayer

13 Warriors (Troops)
    Gauss Flayer

13 Warriors (Troops)
    Gauss Flayer

4 Destroyers (Fast Attack)
    Gauss Cannon

Necrons: 69

Phase Out at: 17

Models in Army: 79

Total Army Cost: 1999

"Tyranids aren't evil, they are just misunderstood"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

The Lord is nice, but he doesnt have any wraith units to join with. Id say loose the scythe and Lfield from him. Possibly keep the D body, even if he is just with another infantry unit. I think hes wasted leading scarabs into battle tbh, especially having that ResOrb. If you want a fighter, take a Phase Shifter and put him with 3 wraiths. Scarabs can act as backup.

The Lord + Imms are fine. Possibly drop some warriors (down to 4 units of 10) and make room for a second Destroyer unit if you dont take the wraiths. Otherwise, add a 5th Destroyer and try and get a Lith in there too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

You've got good things and bad things.

Among the good things is a good, solid number of Warriors. Among the bad things is spending waaay too much on your Lords.

I assume you want a Destroyer Lord + Scarabs + Lightning Field combo and the Flying Circus combo in the same list. This can be done, but it's expensive, so you have to be points-efficient.

First, the DLord. This is an anti-personnel combo, so the Scarabs don't need DFields. The ResOrb is pointless because you're paying only to cover only him, and he's T7, so not very much out there would hurt him via shooting, and you're not going to take a bunch of Scarabs against units that have tons of Power Weapons are you? If you really want to protect him, you can give him an invulnerable save via the Phase Shifter. That's cheaper and more effective in real time. Additionally, you don't need the Warscythe. The Staff of Light is cheaper, it's a Power Weapon anyway, and it shoots pretty well too.

Necron Lord; Destroyer Body, Lightning Field
    10 Scarab Swarms

The Flying Circus is, again, not really optimized, but less so. Immortals are T5, so only S10 shots will cause the need for the ResOrb. Power Weapons shouldn't be a problem, because of the Veil, so the Orb can be dropped. Additionally, 10 Immortals is a very expensive unit and somewhat unwieldy for Teleportation purposes. Between 6 and 8 Immortals is easier to Teleport. (You'd hate to lose them to telefragging, right?)

Necron Lord; Veil of Darkness
    7 Immortals

From there, you've freed up enough points to get another unit of Destroyers, who would provide excellent coverage for both of your advance units above.

Now, you'll notice I'm recommending a 2,000 point list without a ResOrb. This is not an oversight. The more I played, over the years the more I came to realize that the Orb is basically extraneous against all but a certain few lists. It provides a nice blanket of warm, fuzzy feelings, knowing your troops can always get back up. Ultimately, though, there isn't enough high Strength firepower and Power Weapons to justify the Orb's cost, especially considering that it fails half the time anyway.

Castling, relying on our natural resilience and toughness is nice, but it is the gateway to defeat. GW has given the Necrons tremendous speed and the ability to make everything panic. These are the Necrons' true tools of victory because they cannot be defended against. Fear cannot be shot at. Teleportation cannot be outpaced.

...in my humble opinion.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about not replying, I wasn't able to get on Librarium for some reason.

No ResOrbs is certainly an interesting idea... I was considering it since none of my lords are sticking around with my warriors anyway.

I play against Tyranids, Daemonhunters, and Dark Angels the most. I'll have to see how this list works out. I hate those genestealers though. Any advice on how I could take them out without them eating my warrior's faces?
    "Tyranids aren't evil, they are just misunderstood"

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

No worries about not repying, the site has been down for the past few days so nobody has been able to get on.

As for taking out Stealers, if they dont have ExtCarapace then mass werrior fire should be fine, if they do then maybe hand the Jobs to Desroyers and Immortals. With high S and AP4 they will flay through stealers pretty fast.

+ Reply to Thread