1750 Balanced - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1750 Balanced

La Verne, CA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

6 (x1)

1750 Balanced

I am wondering if this would be a good tournament list. It seems balanced, but since I have never played in a tournament before, I am not sure how this would do theoretically. All feedback is appreciated.

HQ 1 Tyrant (257)
    VC, TL-D, ES, Psy Scr, TS
    Tyrant Guard x 2

HQ 2 Tyrant (245)
    VC, ST, TS, ES, Psy Scr
    Tyrant Guard x 2

ELITE Warriors x 3 (81)
    RC, ST, TS

TROOP 1 Devourer Gaunts x 15 (150)
    TS, Dev

TROOP 2 Devourer Gaunts x 15 (150)
    TS, Dev

TROOP 3 Devourer Gaunts x 15 (150)
    TS, Dev

TROOP 4 Genestealer x 6 (144)
    ST, EC

TROOP 5 Genestealer x 6 (144)
    ST, EC

TROOP 6 Genestealer x 12 (240)

HEAVY Carnifex (18
    VC, BS, ES, Reinforced Chitin, Ext Carapace

Total 1749

HQ = 28.7%
    ELITE = 4.6%
    TROOP = 56.0%
    HEAVY = 10.7%

I am trying to figure out a balanced list with a good amount of shooting and still be able to play up on the CC goodness that the bugs are so famous for. I have witnessed the effectiveness of Devourer Gaunts and even though the T on the weapon is equivalent to a flashlight, the flashlight does not get 2 shots per gun AND get to reroll wounds. Plus I get a further distance then I would with a fleshborer. (Although I have considered taking out some of the Genestealers and adding Termagaunts as well...hmmmm) The Tyrants both have VCs as well as the Carnifex, so I have some anti-tank if needed. I figure I can pour out an excessive amount of shots early as I advance and soften things up for the Genestealers and Warriors. The Warriors are in the list on the off chance that a mission goes by escalation. There should be enough synapse to keep things moving smoothly. Since my Carnifex is my only real heavy "armor", I have him kitted out with two defensive upgrades.

Last edited by HiveJive; December 4th, 2007 at 18:44.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

20 (x1)

Whilst this is stocked full of well built units, this is a slow list.

No Flyrant, fast attack or fleeting gaunts (Dev gaunts are a nice variant, don't get me wrong) make this list a simple footslog across no-mans-land. I presume the stealers are not going to fleet ahead of the rest of the Hive.

Whilst this will provide some fire power (you could get more) I don't beleive it will last too long against anyone that can output a reasonable number of S4 shots (think MEQ).

I think you would get better mileage by adding some fast attack (a couple of Raveners could be squeezed in here I think by playing with the troop sections) or an infiltrating Broodlord and retinue. These would give your opponent some tougher decisions.
    Nothing to see here, please move along.
    Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread