1000 - January Tourny - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

1000 - January Tourny

Well, in January there is a 1000 point tourny at the local bunker, and it's an escalation type tourny. You use 500/1000 the first game, 750/1000 the second, and finally your full 1000 the final game. The first mission will be Combat Patrol as well. I was thinking for the full list-

Using a Farseer with guide, two DA units in Serpents, possibly some reapers (I see mostly marines) and maybe a Falcon for some extra cheese and AT power. It would look something like this -

Farseer 75
    Guide

10 DA 267
    Exarch (Included in the 10)
    Sword+Pistol
    Bladestorm
    Serpent
    Spirit Stones
    TL Shurri Cannon

10 DA 262
    Exarch
    Dual Shurri Cats (Possibly upgrade to Sword+pistol?)
    Bladestorm
    Serpent
    Spirit Stones
    TL Shurri Cannon

4 Reapers 182
    Exarch (Included)
    EML
    Fast Shot

Falcon 205
    Star Cannon
    Holo-fields
    Spirit Stones
    Vectored

Total- 991 I have 9 points to spare - what to grab?
    Bodies - 25
    Skimmers - 3

What'dya think? I'm playing for-the-win, and this is part of a GT type circuit that is going all year (14 tournies in the year, the person with highest score at ends gets extra trophies.) So, like i said, it's built to be not nice and cheesy.

-J

I'm back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Just a quick reply...

How do you intend to use the Farseer ? I do not see clearly what unit he will be guiding...

Dark Reapers : in small armies you could reduce their number to three. Their point effectivity is not linked to the team size (the DR Exarch power(s) do not affect the team). And in any case if they take a single casualty they will have to take a morale test, whether they are 3 or 4.

Falcon : I do not see the point of Vectored Engines (I assume that you do not intend to transport a unit ?).

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

as per Murek, Farseer seems pointless, you can drop DR if you need to, VE pointless

probably worth using quickshot and tempes6 launcher on DR exarch
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All above and i would swap the tl shuricannons to at least EML's on serpents for some AT to make your life easier... Becides i think you should swap the sword+pistol to dual shuri catapults, that would benefit the squad more...
    Primary army: Eldar.
    Secondary army: Chaos.
    http://ikian.myminicity.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I have a new list. I personally like this one better, as it gives me a lot of firepower and a lot of killtastic joy.

Farseer 113
    Doom
    Bike
    Spear

6 Fire Dragons

10 DA 262
    Exarch
    Dual Cats
    Bladestorm
    Serpent
    TL Shurri Can
    Spirit

10 DA 262
    Exarch
    Dual Cats
    Bladestorm
    Serpent
    TL Shurri Cann
    Spirit

Vyper 60
    Shurri Cannon
    Shurri Cannon

Falcon 205
    Scatter Laser
    Shurri Cannon
    Vectored
    Holo
    Spirit

Total - 998
    27 Bodies
    4 Skimmers

I like this a lot better - a lot of firepower in a small army. This should easily be able to take on anything if I stay at my 18" range and don't make any stupid moves. Now - On the break down for 500, 750, and full, what should my 500 & 750 look like?

Something like this?

10 DA 152 (Just dropping serpent)
    Exarch
    Dual Cats
    Bladestorm

10 DA 152
    Exarch
    Dual Cats
    Bladestorm

Farseer 113
    Doom
    Bike
    Spear

Vyper 60
    Shurri Cann
    Shurri Cann

Total - 477 (Close enough, and this should be fine as I have a lot of firepower here as well, and plenty of S6 shots for any transports I see.)

750- Add Serpents

1000 - Use all.

I know this puts me under points for 2/3 games, but I can see no other way to configure it. What do you think? Is there another way?

-J

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

I have a concern with your Farseer on Bike. It's a good choice in itself, but it will not have any unit to join (at least until the DAs, FDs disembark). So he could fall prey to some fast attack enemy unit placing itself to have him as closest target in turns 1 or 2... Be careful about that.

I KNOW that Cheredanine is going to say : "I don't like Dragons in a Falcon" . Well, I don't either...

Now I have a more positive suggestion... I think you could drop the VE and ShuriCan undermount on your Falcon (it has two better weapons already, don't forget the Pulse Laser!), and have two ShuriCan undermounts on your Serpents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I'll not argue for the sake of arguing, that is a much better list, the only rael problem, particularly in 500 and 750 lists is the lack of serious anti tank power, a singing spear and a falcon isnt brilliant but should just about be enough in 1000 points if you dedicate the farseer to the role, but in 750 and 500 you are low
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I agree with that, and thats my main worry. Also, my Farseer should be fine as you do not need LoS to Doom someone, so he'll hide and possibly hit a transport of two. I figure that FDragons, Pulse Laser, and loads of Str 6 Shots can take care of anything my opponents throw at me because, the biggest vehicle I should see is AV13, which the Dragons should take care of. Question - Why don't you like Dragons in a Falcon? Is there anything I should take instead. Also - I'll find out tomorrow whether you write 3 seperate lists, or break one down.

-J

I'm back.

+ Reply to Thread