1000 Pts - Eldar Roster - Mechish - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Pts - Eldar Roster - Mechish

HQ: Farseer
    1 Farseer @ 83 Pts
    Fleet; Doom ; Ghost Helm ; Psyker; Rune Armour ; Shuriken Pistol ; Singing Spear

Elite: Harlequin Troupe

4 Harlequin Troupe @ 170 Pts
    Dance of Death (DofD); Fleet; Flip Belts; Furious Charge; Hit & Run; Holo-Suit ; Close Combat Weapon ; Harlequins Kiss (x3); Shuriken Pistol (x4); Hallucinogen Grenades

1 Harle Shadow Seer
    Dance of Death (DofD); Fleet; Flip Belts; Furious Charge; Hit & Run; Veil Of Tears ; Holo-Suit (H-S); Psyker; Close Combat Weapon; Shuriken Pistol (Sp); Hallucinogen Grenades

1 Harle Troupe Master
    Dance of Death (DofD); Fleet; Flip Belts; Furious Charge; Hit & Run; Holo-Suit (H-S); Power Weapon; Shuriken Pistol (Sp); Hallucinogen Grenades

Troops: Dire Avengers (10#, 285 Pts)
    8 Dire Avengers @ 140 Pts
    Fleet; Avenger S-Catapult (ASC); Add Wave Serpent
    1 Dire Avenger Exarch
    Fleet; Bladestorm (BS); 2 Avenger SC

1 Wave Serpent @ 145 Pts
    Energy Field (Wave Serpent); Spirit Stone (VpStn); TL Shuriken Catapult (TL-Scat); TL Bright Lances (TL-BL)

Troops: Dire Avengers (9#, 140 Pts)
    Fleet; Avenger S-Catapult (ASC)
    1 Dire Avenger Exarch

Heavy Support: Fire Prism
    1 Fire Prism @ 160 Pts
    Holo-Field (Vehicle) (H-F); Spirit Stone (VpStn); TL Shuriken Catapult (TL-Scat); Prism Cannon (PC)

1 Fire Prism @ 160 Pts
    Holo-Field (Vehicle) (H-F); Spirit Stone (VpStn); TL Shuriken Catapult (TL-Scat); Prism Cannon (PC)

Total Points : 998pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

The units of your list seem ok to me.

The only doubt I have : I think you could drop the TroupeMaster. I first used exactly the same Harlequins squad as you propose(well, with 5 Kisses), and found that the TroupeMaster with Power Weapon was not essential. Of course it also depends what armies you will be facing. You could save some points here by downgrading to Harlequin with Kiss, and add 2 Dire Avengers, for instance.

Then I would like to know how you intend to use the Farseer. If with Harlequins, be aware that he would reduce their movement capacity. If with the DAs in Serpent, be aware that he cannot cast psy powers when he is in a vehicle.

Final point : the Bright Lances on the Serpent is a good choice in itself (one of the best ranged anti-tank option, given the low BS), but with the presence of two Fire Prisms you may reconsider your weapon choice on the Serpent, especially if your tactic is to drop the DAs close to the enemy line. TL Shuriken Cannons could be the way to go. Take into consideration that you may go for side armour, so that the Lance rule is not that crucial. Now of course, this depends a lot on who you'll be facing (MEQs with Land Raiders, IG with Leman Russes...)

Hope this helps !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Agree with Murek, although I do think you are trying to do a little too much, would be usefull to have the seond DA squad in a serpent and in 1000 points would sacrifice harleys to do that
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey thanks for the replies

Cheredanine:

I thought about running the second DA in a wave serpent, but then were would the Farseer go, as he cant use physic powers in the transport he would have to be out a turn in advance, if I wanted to doom something. Its do-able just seems a waste. Would an Autarch be a better HQ then?

MurekZar:

The Farseer was going to run with the second DA squad not in the Wave serpent. Doom the closest Infantry unit, shoot it with the DA + 2x Fire prisms (dispersed- if they were MEQ I could combine beams otherwise just fire the two dispersed shots). While the wave serpent goes tank hunting, or can drop the DA off for more Killing power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

I do not think that an Autarch would be better. The synergetic effect of an Autarch is nothing compared to that of a Farseer... The only interesting effect is the bonus for reserve rolls : that can be good for a Mech army in an Escalation situation...

Well, a classic solution for the Farseer in a Mech army is to ride a Jetbike. Would you consider dropping your second DA unit in favour of a Jetbike unit + mounting your Farseer ? Alternatively you may drop the Harlequins, but I think this leaves your 2nd DA unit on its own, which does not seem too good...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

according to my reconing you can drop the harleys and add a serpent for the second Da squad and a bike for the farseer, just about spot on for points
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New List looks like this. What do u think ?

HQ: Farseer
    1 Farseer @ 110 Pts
    Fleet; Doom ; Ghost Helm ; Psyker; Rune Armour ; Shuriken Pistol ;Eldar Jet Bike

1 Dire Avenger Exarch

1 Wave Serpent @ 145 Pts
    Energy Field (Wave Serpent); Spirit Stone (VpStn); TL Shuriken Catapult (TL-Scat); TL Bright Lances (TL-BL)

1 Dire Avenger Exarch

1 Wave Serpent @ 145 Pts

1 Fire Prism @ 160 Pts

1 Fire Prism @ 160 Pts

Total Points : 1000pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Well, I don't want to bore you, but I'll repeat that I think you're too heavy on anti-tank with 2 TL BLs and 2 FPs. Why don't you loose your 2nd TL BL ? Go for TL SCan, and use the extra points for SCan undermounts?

Also, a word of caution on your lone Biker-Seer... He does not have any natural unit to join. Don't let him get caught on his own by approaching fast attack enemy (bikers, land speeders...)

You list Fleet on your Farseer. There's a debate on Fleet + Jetbike ! Check it up...;o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok yes it does seem a bit AT heavy but if i only use the wave serpents for tank hunting and the FP's to blow up infantry and mabey a tank if the oppurtunity arises or calls for it.

Sure i could drop one of the BL for something more anti infantry but with 2x DA squads and 2 x FP's i realy didnt think i would need it, points wise i wouldnt be saving enough to make a huge difference, what mabey by back the 2 DA that im missing or 2 Shurkien Cannons ??

+ Reply to Thread