Kroot Mercs rules? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

Kroot Mercs rules?

Yesterday I had seen a link in this section for a rules update on Kroot Mercenaries... I printed it, but now the thread is gone and I don't have the link anymore...

Are there or are there not new rules for them? I like Kroot and want to eventually buy enough to field them by themselves so any help would be appreciated.

-Thread Killer Bryan
    Tyranid Hive Fleet Typhoeus
    T'au Empire, Bork'an Sept

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New rules? I havnt heard anything. Wouldnt rules like that be on the warhammer web site?
    KROOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might have been my link to the Datasheet for the Kroot Mercs in Apoc games.

I had stated that we could use the rules changes to the specific units in the book as a potential update.

Here is a link to the file http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...root_horde.pdf

And here is a link to the original post

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=110104 (New Kroot Apoc Datasheet!)
    Ah yes. You gotta love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

137 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_MMX View Post
    It might have been my link to the Datasheet for the Kroot Mercs in Apoc games.

I had stated that we could use the rules changes to the specific units in the book as a potential update.

Here is a link to the file http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...root_horde.pdf

And here is a link to the original post

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=110104 (New Kroot Apoc Datasheet!)

Exactly! Thanks! It's weird that the original thread doesn't display for me in the Kroot Mercs section... Very strange indeed - I thought it had been deleted for some reason.

One more question... These rules are almost complete by themselves except for a force organization chart and what units count for what spots... and I don't understand the "3+ of the following units:" nonsense. Are they meant to be used in conjunction with the original Kroot rules, or are the apoc rules meant to be stand-alone (along with the Tau-Empire codex of course)?

It seems to me that along with the new Tau codex, this single sheet is almost complete.
    -Thread Killer Bryan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might need to check out how you have the forum display setup. If you look down the bottom there should be a option that say something along the lines of "display posts from" If it has something like "today" or "Last 2 Days" then you might find that all the posts since before that time wont show up. If you drop that menu down and set it to "The Begining" then you can see all the posts

Back on topic
    Yeah this is a Apoc only setup to be used with the Tau Empire dex. However im thinking that you could easyly sub in the special rules for the the kroot units in the Kroot armylist (head hunters, vultures and Stalkers) in order to update the list.

The 3+ means that you have to take a minimum of 3 of that unit type but you may take as many as units of that type as you like. You just have to make sure that you have the minimum number of 3

For the Datasheet its basicly saying that you have to take 3 or more of the following units. So you couldent just take a single squad of Kroot with a master shaper for the formation in order for it to work.

Since the Master shaper is a 1 you have to take one of them and since the Kroot are a 1+ then you have to take a minimum of one of them. Then you have to take one more unit from the entry to make it legal.

Eg 3+ could mean
    Master shaper
    Vulturekin
    Great Knarloc Herd

Or
    Master shaper
    Hunters
    Vulture Kind

Or
    Master shaper
    Kroot Carnivores
    Knarloc Riders

You just have to make sure you take 3 choices before the formation if legal. But since you have to have a master shaper and one squad of Kroot its faily simple to do. You just need to add one more squad and your done (hope i didnt confuse you)
    Ah yes. You gotta love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

137 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_MMX View Post
    You just have to make sure you take 3 choices before the formation if legal. But since you have to have a master shaper and one squad of Kroot its faily simple to do. You just need to add one more squad and your done (hope i didnt confuse you)

No, that makes sense. Though I had taken it to mean that you had to have 3 master shapers on the board. In other words, that you had to take 3+ of that unit composition, but I'm glad that's wrong as it doesn't make sense.

So I suppose in Apoc games, every unit has to have the composition as listed in the Tau Empire codex and can have the options mentioned in the datasheet except for the one unit that has the master shaper... So only one unit on the table can have Knarlocs as you can only have one master shaper, right? Or am I missing something else?

EDIT: It's really strange but every time I look at the Kroot mercs sub forum, it only displays threads with posts from "today", and always defaults back to that when I change it. It does this in no other forum. I fixed it by changing my account options, but it appears that the "forum default" on the Kroot Mercs forum is different from other sub-forums, at least for me. Weird.
    -Thread Killer Bryan

+ Reply to Thread