1500 competitive list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 competitive list

EDIT::: I made a new list, check it out!

~~HQ~~
    Autarch w/ mandiblasters + power weapon---90 points

~~TROOPS~~

x1 Wave Serpent w/ TL shuriken cannons + star engines + spirit stones---125 points
    x10 Dire Avengers---177 points
    exarch w/ power weapon/shimmershield + bladestorm + defend
    (Autarch will ride with this group, I will probably move 12", disembark, and shoot up something, or stay in the serpent hoping it doesn't get owned, move 36" and then next turn shoot and assault, this is really just a huge distraction unit that will probably do really good)

x10 Dire Avengers---152 points
    exarch w/ two catapults + bladestorm

x10 Guardians w/ shuriken cannon---85 points

~~Elites~~
    x6 Striking Scorpions---148 points
    exarch + claw + stalker + shadowstrike

x6 Striking Scorpions---148 points
    exarch + claw + stalker + shadowstrike

~~Heavy Support~~
    x1 Fire Prism w/ holo fields + spirit stones---160 points

x1 Fire Prism w/ holo fields + spirit stones---160 points

Last edited by LonelyPenguin; December 28th, 2007 at 10:46.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

I see two problems with this list :

1. You lack anti-tank capability.

The 2 Fire Prisms will be immediately identified by your opponent as the only ATk element in your army. They are difficult to destroy, but they can be neutralized very easily (Shaken => don't shoot...)

2. Troop choices

The DAs are a good choice, but you will have only one offensive DA team (the one in the Serpent), and it seems you're ambiguous about this team being shooty or assault. DAs are good as an offensive shooty unit, or as a defensive CC unit (bit of a tarpit with the invu save and defend...). But they should not be mistaken for an offensive CC unit (low number of attacks, low S and you don't have a dooming Farseer...).

The 4 Guardian squads are no real threat to your opponent : they will be easily cut down (no Conceal...) and are likely to run (low numbers per unit, no Embolden or Avatar...). What's more with the low range heavy weapon they may be ignored during the first turn, then cut down later on...

Sorry if I sound too harsh, but I think this army can be easily picked apart, piece by piece...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Not keen. The only use for a chap like this is a cheap way to get +1 to the reserves but you have little in the list that will need it even in escalation games. Strength 3 power weapons don't really justify the cost. I suggest replacing him with a cheap farseer with doom or an avatar to make all those troop choices fearless.

Scorpions: Nice but a little small. Either upgrade them to 8-10 models or merge them into one unit.

Mech DAs: the transport is ok but not really needed. If the rest of your army footslogs then this unit will just arrive sooner and get plastered by the enemy as there is nothing else for him to rapid fire at. Mechanised fire dragons or banshees would be a better choice having a specific role. Alternativley drop the transport an use the points to upgrade guardians to DAs. Drop the Star engines for vectored engines if you keep the transport and have a valuable cargo.

DAs on foot: Classic.

Guardians: Cheap and not that great but for the points and in numbers they can be ok. An avatar here would make 'em all frearless and compliment them well with some close combat rescue ability.

Fire Prisms: Fine. I prefer falcons but to find the extra points you need to drop a squad. Keep them as is.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the replies guys, I agree with you Murek I find this list kind of silly now, but I am switching it up to either scorpions/dragons with prince yriel in the serpent with 2 DA squads on foot, no guardians, and adding war walkers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEW LIST, 1500

~~HQ~~
    Prince Yriel---155 points (rides with the fire dragons)

Farseer---140 points (for the reapers)
    Guide, Fortune, Spirit Stones, Runes of Warding

~~TROOPS~~
    x10 Guardians w/ missile launcher platform---100 points (these all staying in cover)
    x10 Guardians w/ missile launcher platform---100 points

~~ELITES~~
    x1 Wave Serpent---175 points
    shuriken cannon, twin-linked eldar missile launchers, vectored engines, star engines, spirit stones
    x6 Fire Dragons---113 points
    exarch w/ dragon's breath flamer, crack shot

~~HEAVY SUPPORT~~
    x5 Dark Reapers---237 points
    exarch w/ tempest launcher, fast shot, crack shot

x1 Fire Prism---190 points
    shuriken cannon, holo-fields, spirit stones, vectored engines

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Prince is good in combat but the rest of your army is sitting back in cover so this chap and his fire dragons will be unsupported and won't last long. An avatar would be better to support your line and then counterattack.

Farseer: Good but fortune on fire dragons won't protect them from a pred with 2 heavy bolters. Fortune on an avatar however rocks! rerollable 3+ armour or 4+ invulnerable saves.

Troops: An expensive way of getting a single poor BS anti tank weapon and wasting a lot of shuriken cattapult fire. 2 units of DAs would serve you better.

Serpent: Drop star engines in favour of upgrading to bright lances.

Fire Dragons: drop the exarch in favour of more men in the unit or swap the lot for 10 banshees.

Reapers: OK but to save points for elsewhere you can get away with dropping the exarch.

Prisms: OK but for this points cost each you could replace them with falcons with starcannon.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Much better ! But, if you can bear with me, I still have a lot of suggestions (but now it's more fine-tuning than fundamental...)

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyPenguin View Post
    NEW LIST, 1500

~~HQ~~
    Prince Yriel---155 points (rides with the fire dragons)
    I hear he's very good. I have no experience with Yriel. I hope others can give you advice on the pairing with Fire Dragons; at first look it's a combination of a CC IC with a shooty unit that is really not designed for CC, so I'm not sure if it's a good combination. On the other hand it makes sense to have a CC unit accompanying / protecting the FDs, since they have to come close...

Farseer---140 points (for the reapers)
    Guide, Fortune, Spirit Stones, Runes of Warding
    With a large unit of Reapers, Fortune is not essential, which means you could drop the Stones too. I advise for a lean and mean Farseer, especially if you already invest in a "heavy" HQ choice with Yriel.

Guiding the Reapers is good, but also not essential : they have good BS and high number of shots. Also your (MEQ) opponents will probably go to great length to avoid the DRs' fire-lanes, so they are likely to shoot only with the Tempest... Now, Guiding the Tempest makes sense of course (re-roll scatter... ;-)

I suggest you put another unit near the Farseer : he can guide them, and they can protect the Reapers from drop-podding / deep-striking / infilrating CC units...

Taking all that into account, why don't you take Doom, and possibly either Guide or Fortune, but maybe without the Stones ?

~~TROOPS~~
    x10 Guardians w/ missile launcher platform---100 points (these all staying in cover)
    I second Mad Cat's recommendation : you'd be better of with 2 units of Dire Avengers. They would be ideal for protecting your Reapers, and with the extended ShuriCat range + Bladestorm. Begging for Doom rather than Guide...

~~ELITES~~
    x1 Wave Serpent---175 points
    shuriken cannon, twin-linked eldar missile launchers, vectored engines, star engines, spirit stones
    x6 Fire Dragons---113 points
    exarch w/ dragon's breath flamer, crack shot
    As per Mad Cat, Star Engines should be dropped. And TL BL are better (ideal unit for BL, actually). Vectored Engines are not essential either, since you should move in Serpent, disembark and shoot in same turn. VEs are good when transporting a CC unit, not a shooty one.

Now about the Dragons : pleeeeaaaaase drop the Exarch and take more Dragons.

~~HEAVY SUPPORT~~
    x5 Dark Reapers---237 points
    exarch w/ tempest launcher, fast shot, crack shot
    I suggest to drop Fast Shot (you are aware that only one power can be used each turn, aren't you ?). Also, you may consider reducing the unit to 3, since it's likely that most of the time you will only shoot with the Tempest...

Good, 2 FPs !!! I think you should resist over-investing in them : the VEs should be dropped, and possibly the ShuriCan undermounts.

I don't have time now to re-work the points, but I think with the changes I suggest you could beef up the Dragons, and replace the Guardians with DAs. You might even save enough points to add a small Harlequin squad (about 160-170 pts for an effective squad of 6 with a Shadowseer), which could give your army a mean counter-attack edge... Alternatively you could take some Banshees...

I hope this helps ! Wish you the best of luck !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks

+ Reply to Thread