Help needed with 1500 eldar friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help needed with 1500 eldar friendly

G day all
    Im looking to expand my 1000 or so point list to 1500 as Iíve gotten a job and Chrissieís been and gone I have some money J
    So ive came up with a list but when I tallied the points I had 1404 and no tanks or anti tank L I wanted a more foot slogger style army but donít want to buy 3 war walkers for 195 or so dollars (aussie). Any way here it is Ill talk about tactics at the end.

HQ

Farseer
    Fortune, doom, spirit stones
    130 pts

155 pts

Troops

2x 10 Dire Avengers
    Exarch w/ 2 Shuri Cata, Blade Storm
    150 ea 300 total pts

Elites

7 Harlequins incl Troupe Master w/ power weap, Shadow Seer w/ kiss
    3 kisses
    192 pts

10 Striking Scorpians
    Exarch w/ Biting blade, Shadow strike, Stalker
    200 pts

Fast Attack
    10 Warp Spiders
    Exarch w/ additional Death Spinner, power blades, surprise assault, withdraw
    272 pts

Heavy Support

Wraithlord
    w/ EML, B lance
    155 pts

Basic plan is the wraithlord, avatar and farseer walk up the middle flanked by the Das the harlequins will deploy on the side with the most enemies and stick close to the Das.
    On the other side the Scorpians will infiltrate were there is little enemies to keep pressure and corner them if possible. The Spiders will plug holes and help any units in trouble.
    My main problem will be tanks lol mech armies will sit and shoot me out well any army with tanks will shoot me down before im close enough but im at a loss on what to drop to fit any in. I feel the scorpions need there size for what I want them to do, the harlies cant be any smaller or ill lose them before the hit cc the spiders can afford to be cut in numbers but that alone will give me one prism or falcon. I donít know any help comments, constructive criticism J would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

The list looks solid

Farseer: If fortune is to be cast on the avatar then Fantastic.
    Avatar: With fortune he becomes very powerful.

Dire Avengers: Actually they cost 152 points per squad but it is still the best loadout.

Harlequins: drop the troop master and power weapon in favour of lots of kisses.

Scorpions: The claw, give him the claw!!! otherwise good.

Spiders: Sounds like you don't intend to use deepstrike and why should you? When equipped with those jump packs you can usually get anywhere on the battlefield by the end of your turn 2 movement phase. Why risk not turning up or scattering into the opposition.

Wraithlord: perfect.

Don't wory too much about the anti tank firepower. Just put the wraithlord into cover if you can and let him blast away. If the avatar gets close you get a multimelta and a monsterous creature in combat. If you really need more anti tank then drop the spiders to 5-6 vanilla chaps and get another wraithlord like the first.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm

Ok thank you for the comment ive revised the list

HQ

Farseer
    Fortune, doom, spirit stones
    130 pts

155 pts

Troops

2x 9 Dire Avengers
    Exarch w/ 2 Shuri Cata, Blade Storm
    140 ea 280 total pts

Elites

8 Harlequins incl Troupe Master w/ power weap, Shadow Seer w/ kiss
    4 kisses
    196 pts

10 Striking Scorpians
    Exarch w/ S Claw, Shadow strike, Stalker
    212 pts

Fast Attack
    8 Warp Spiders
    Exarch w/ additional Death Spinner, power blades, surprise assault, withdraw
    232 pts

Heavy Support

Wraithlord
    w/ EML, B lance
    155 pts

Fire Prism
    w/ Holofeilds, spirit stones, underslung shurican cannon

The avatar is going to be fortuned the wraitlord will be near him as thats were ill need my farseer for wraithsight
    The Scorpians claw has been added.
    I feel deepstrike is very usefull to take last minute objectives and reinforce units. Im not to worried about the scatter distance due to their move speed and the fact they cant assault immediately any way.
    I have added a Fire Prism for anti tank but wonder if a falcon could do it better? though i feel falcons should be geared for a specific role while prism can sit back and shoot at whatever i need it to with fairly reliable results.
    Thanks again

+ Reply to Thread