2000 pt tau, first list, comments? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt tau, first list, comments?

Ethereal – 244
    Honor blade, 2 shield drone, 12 fire warriors, shas’ui

Shas’el – 97
    Missile pod, plasma rifle, targeting array, hard wired multi tracker

Fire warriors – 240
    12 strong, devilfish (smart missile, target array, multi tracker, decoy launchers)

Fire warriors – 240
    12 strong, devilfish (smart missile, target array, multi tracker, decoy launchers)

fire warriors – 130
    12 strong, shas’ui

fire warriors – 130
    12 strong, shas’ui

Kroot – 185
    20 strong, shaper, 4 hounds

kroot – 179
    20 strong, shaper, 3 hounds

8 gun drones – 96
    8 gun drones – 96

hammerhead – 180
    railgun, smart missile, multi tracker, target lock, decoy launchers

hammerhead – 180
    railgun, smart missile, multi tracker, target lock, decoy launchers

plan is hammer and anvil. the unmounted fire warriors stand and shoot, kroot in front. then the gundrones, hammerheads, fof, and suit swing one flank.

good?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the sms for the hammerheads could be switched for burst cannons its a bit cheaper, you lose a little range, but it saves you points, its also just as fine because hammerheads usually stay in the open, there just isnt as much need for the sms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Seems like a fairly strong hybrid list - you've gone troop heavy which I've seen work very well for some people in the past.

The question of whether or not to take ethereals has been done before, so I won't go into that - just search the forum for plenty of ideas in that department.

One thing I would definitely change though - the kroot shapers. I would drop these and instead max out on the number of hounds in a squad.

Also, if you want to you could give some of your footslogger FWs 'Uis markerlights - just to add a few to the force as currently you have none.

Giving the hammerhead SMS is a bad idea IMO (other will disagree). I find that holding the railheads at long range to avoid return fire id the best so often plump for basic BCs to save points that I can invest in another area of the list.

If you can find the points (I'd drop some of the ethereals bodyguard and some of the kroot) I would invest in some deathrains. You have stacks of anti-infantry firepower with the FWs, and some anti-tank with the railheads, but could use some long range anti-transport firepower to help stop mech-type armies reaching your lines.

XV88s would also work well in a list of this type.

Sorry its not a more thorough answer - I'm just about to head off to bed

Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, drop the firewarrior body guard and get some Deathrains. 2 crisis suits, Twin-Linked Missile Pods and Targeting Arrays. They target enemy transports. You will love these guys.

Edit: Oh yeah, you will want the points from the SMS systems elsewhere. Trust me, even on the devilfish. The gundrones more than make up for it if you drop them off the devilfish(s) and use their delaying tactics to slow fast enemy assaulters. Really, they are more than just guns. So that would save you 30 ish points, IIRC, which could go towards something else.

Also, if you lose the shield drones from the ethereal, and use his Independent Character rules to save him from enemy attacks, then you can use those 35 odd points somewhere else. Likewise, if he has a bodyguard, enemy ordnance can hit him, and that would be a BAD THING. So, with these points, a squad of deathrains and maybe a squad of anti-meq fireknives would fill out your force wonderfully. YOu could probably field another hammerhead if you so choose.
    Last edited by LittleBlueMan; January 8th, 2008 at 08:15.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

+ Reply to Thread