Combat Patrol(400pts) and expectations - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Combat Patrol(400pts) and expectations

Hello,

This evening I plan on playing Tau in a combat patrol evening. My list consists of:

1 Fire Knife Crisis Suit with a hardwired multi-tracker and a targetting array

1 12 man squad of firewarriors with an 'ui team leader and a fully
    upgraded Warfish ( SMS, upgraded BS, etc. etc.)

3 man squad of stealth suits

How would this do in a competitive environment? What kinds of army lists am I going to run into from other armies? I plan on using the FWs to form a solid fire base and use the front armor of the devilfish to resist small arms fire. The suits can flank and deal with other threats on their own. Is this a sound strategy? If not, how would you improve things?

Thanks for you help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

By and large it sounds like a good plan. The Warfish is one of the more powerful tanks that can be fielded in combat patrol, so that will give you a big boost. Stealths are also a big plus for you, since their high volume of fire is going to quickly whittle down the smaller squads you'll see in combat patrol. I also like the Fireknife.

My only concern (and it is more of a personal thing) is that your only heavy hitters are the missile pod and plasma rifle on your suit. I like to have a second suit (usually a Deathrain - TL missile pods and targeting array) to help with the larger targets.

Let us know how it went.
    General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I managed to win the tourney last night. The lists I went against were Black Templars, IG Armored Company, and Standard Marines. The standard marines had jump packs with a chaplain, a whirlwind, and snipers. The Armored company was 2 Basilisks and a Hellhound. The Black Templars had a 10 man squad in a rhino, a whirlwind, and a five man squad with a lazcannon.

The missions were :
    First mission: Destroy the other side
    Second mission: One side was in the middle playing defense wile the attacker deployed six inches from the board edges.
    Third missions: There was an objective under 1 of 3 counters. After finding the objective, an infantry squad had to carry it back to their deployment zone.

The Tau JSJ was a major boon this game, as was the durability of the Warfish. I was often able to pop light vehicles with the missle pods and use massed strength 5 shots as the infantry slogged across the board.

+ Reply to Thread