1500pts Ulthwe resurrected - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

1500pts Ulthwe resurrected

Well I did have an old strike force with some models not being used anymore, mainly Guardians and seers, so I thought I'd put together a list:

Farseer - Runes oness, Runes of Warding, Fortune : 326pts
    Farseer - Runes of Witness, Doom
    Warlock - Enhance
    Warlock - Embolden
    Warlock - Singing Spear
    Warlock - Singing Spear

12 Gaurdians - Scatter Laser : 154pts
    Warlock - Conceal, Singing Spear

13 Gaurdians - Scatter Laser : 162pts
    Warlock - Conceal, Singing Spear

3 Jetbikes - Shuriken Cannon : 139pts
    Warlock - Singing Spear, Destructor

Vyper - Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon - 70pts

Vyper - Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon - 70pts

6 Warp Spiders : 174pts
    1 Exarch - Dual Death Spinners, Withdraw, Powerblades

Wraithlord - Brightlance, Missile Launcher, Dual Flamers : 155pts

Fire Prism - Holofield, Spirit Stone : 160pts

3 Shadow Weavers Support Platforms : 90pts

Total - 1500pts

I've played this army once already in city fight against an Elite Khornate army in cities of death. It did fairly well and did pull through with small lose but I found that the Gaurdians didn't do much offensively but they did hold out the objectives well enough. The Fire Prism had terrible luck....in all 6 turns it always failed to hit with the main cannon, in fact the only kill it got was from it's shuriken catapults, but it did make a nice barricade against Kharn the Betrayer from making combat against my Gaurdians holding an objective. I'll put this down to bad luck for now.

Overall I found the army handled a small elite army well enough, and can probably deal with lighter infantry, but I somehow felt if I played against a wall of power armour, especially faster moving ones (ie, massed space marine infantry force) I think I would of been hard pushed for a win.

With the new Autarch on a jebike availiable now separate from the £75 boxed set I'm thinking of getting him with a full squadron of Shining Spears to replace the Seer Council, and the replacing the larger Gaurdian unit and the 3 Shadow Weavers for a squad of Dire Avenegers and 2 D-Cannon Support Platforms. This is for a slightly more competive list against those annoying marines, but thoughts on both set-ups would be nice. Note this list is meant to be somewhat fluffy.

"Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: I would definatly prefer shining spears and autarch to this unit. Make sure you get an exarch with withdraw. Star lance is a nice to have if you have points left over.

Guardians: should be replaced by 10 Dire avengers with a bladestorming exarch.

Jetbikes: Nice unit, I usually choose embolden as the warlock power.

Vipers: If you are in 24" range to use the shuriken cannon then you may as well save yourself points and just get 2 shuriken cannon per bike. 10 points isn't worth it for 1 extra shot if you are not using the range.

Spiders: Great, get 1-2 more chaps if you can.

Wraithlord: Good but who will stop him daydreaming if you swap out the seer council. If you still have a cheap farseer that will work or keep one of the guardian units and use their warlock to make sure the big guy keeps his mind on the job.

Prism: Good. I prefer falcons but they cost more and don't have BS4.

Support platforms: Yes 2 D cannon would be better although their range is a little short.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

+ Reply to Thread