Warp Spiders x7

Heavy Support
Falcon x1
Star Cannon
Holo Field
Spirit Stones

Elites
Howling Banshees x10

Wave Serpant (dedicated to howling banshees)
Spirit Stones
Bright Lance

Total points: 1000

I plan this is to be hard hitting fast is all I really have to say.

See less See more
#3 ·
Bah, ignore FC suggestion if you wish, your list looks just fine. The plus side to it is decent model count, the down side is anti tank. Personally, I would swap out the falcon for 3 single vibro cannons, great for both pinning and anti tank, and leaves you enough points for either more DA or exarchs or what have you.

The exarchs CAN help, but cost you the place of 2 or 3 models...something that goes against MY playstyle. Bladestorm means one turn of fun shooty, non bladestorm means 2 turns. Not really that simple, but pretty close.

Reactions: The Toon
#5 ·
A warp spider exarch costs less than two warp spider, has the same number of shots as two warpsiders and has better ballistic skill. Tarzen is right, it would be at the expense of .77 wounds to have your spiders like that, but the better BS is nice. Bladestorm is indeed expensive, but it gives you a lot of shots and can really help. If you can clear an area of bodies your avengers can stay alive with their poor defense. It is all about timing, and it certainly can hit hard. Anti-armor is needed depending on your gaming group. Dropping the falcon is an option, as it will free up a lot of points, but then your lone wave serpent is left to take all of the fire by himself.

#6 ·
Frozencore is right with his statements, and sorry my post came across how it did, I just condone playing with what is enjoyable before too much math hammer. And my playstyle puts numbers over specialty.

Exarchs can add a bunch to the units. But they can also diminish their abilities by dragging down numbers too. Two sides of the same coin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.