necron 1000 pt. friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

necron 1000 pt. friendly

Since my room mate has a 1000 pt. army i'm going to take him down first. here are 3 lists i came up with:

1 x Lord phylactery and res orb

10 x flayed ones

10 x warriors
    10 x warriors

5 x destroyers

1 x tombspider

phase out 9

the idea is to keep the tombspider between the warrios squads and make some scarabs. il take the destroyers and try to take out enemy longrange. The flayed ones will go in and hold up the advance. After that I move my lord, the troups and the tomb spider up.

1 x lord, Res Orb, VoD and Warsyth

8 x immortals (

10 x warriors
    10 x warriors

4 x destroyers

basicly the flying circus trick with the destryers to boot the fire power. warriors for bodies and maybe some more fire power when in range.

1 x Lord des.body, warsyth, phase shifter and res orb

10 x warriors
    10 x warriors

3 x wraiths
    5 x destroyers

1 x tombspider

phase out 7

t the idea is to keep the tomb spider between the warrior squads and make some scarabs. ill take the destroyers and to take out enemy longrange. then take the lord with squad of wraiths to cc enemy units even being able to take 2 units if needed. then let the warriors come up with the spider and lay support fire down.

This is the list my roommate is using, only change may be a other tank like a vindicator instead of the predator. any changes u might have or suggestions are welcome.

command squad
    1 force commander, stormbolter, lightning claw, furious charge (10
    1 vet. Sergeant, powerfist, boltpistol, furious charge (49)
    7 marines, hth weapons, meltagun, furious charge (136)
    1 rhino, extra armour, smokelaunchers (5
    total: 351 pts

tactical squad
    1 vet. Sergeant, powerfist, boltpistol (46)
    7 marines, bolters, plasmagun (115)
    1 rhino, extra armour, smokelaunchers (5
    total: 219 pts

scout squad
    6 scouts, 5 sniper rifles, heavy bolter (10
    total: 108 pts

assault squad
    8 marines, jump-pack, melta-bombs (192)
    total: 192 pts

predator annihilator
    1 predator, side sponsons heavy bolters (130)
    total: 130 pts

model count:
    25 marines
    6 scouts
    3 tanks

Last edited by forumjayz; January 9th, 2008 at 05:21.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

hey guys i would sure like some help figuring out what list to take. i don't know if the set-up with the wriath is viable in 1000 pt. anyone have some pointers or suggestions they are very welcome

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Well i didnt check your points but i like the list with the wraiths.

The wraiths are an excellent unit to tie up his units that get close while you move your warriors back to a safe shooting distance and the lord can feel free to engage any other units in cc and feel fairly safe of victory.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Personally, I prefer the middle (second) list. Lots of firepower, though you might struggle vs. the tanks a little bit.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Id also say go for the second list. Possibly drop the Scythe though, the Staff of Light is often better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

well concidering i won't plan to get within 12" of the enemy staff of light would be kinda useless in a immortal squad. with the the syth he can fire same as the immortals and if enemey is close it wel do better in CC.

about the tanks considering i have 4 destroyer in the list u prefer and imo squad i wont think getting some 6's will be a problem .

i'm still wondering if the 2 de list is strong enough against the more cc orrientated SM. any pointer's on how best to take them on? i really have trouble with his assualt squad he always kills me in combat patrol with the unit (pionter is that he has a chaplain in there in those fights) i'm just hoping to shoot enough before they get to me
    Last edited by forumjayz; January 9th, 2008 at 15:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

I made a different model for the third list:

1 x Lord, des.body, warsyth and res orb

10 x warriors
    10 x warriors

3 x wraiths
    3 x wraiths
    4 x destroyers

Phase out 8

this maybe a good counter cc list all though this will allow him to take his rhinos forward because of the lack of anti armour guns but i will be able to take his army in CC.

any suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Cool, think i like that one the most now. Any chance you can get a Phase Shifter for the Lord? Drop the Scythe if necessary, the Staff is still a Power Weapon, and bearing in mind a Lord only has 3A hes pretty sucky in combat anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

the only way to do that is to drop 1 more destroyer and then take 2 more warriors instead and the phase shifter. but doens't the orb have more potential? i mean that will always allow him to take wbb roles? plus i will lose another destoyer? and what is ur grudge agianst the warsyth ( off topic but just curious )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

You can take both an Orb and the Phase Shifter.

Given you have to drop a Destroyer makes he decision a bit harder, but if your Lord will be in combat its likely he will be hit by power weapons, hence the Inv Sv will be useful.

As for the Scythe, i just dont think its viable to have a weapon at an increased cost, which is less effective in a general list. The Staff is a power weapon which is a short ranged assault weapon too, with a great statline. Youll average 1-2 kills on basic marines with it then in combat another 1 or 2.
    Paying more for a Scythe upgrade, you gte a power weapon which also ignores invulnerable saves (all be it can take tanks apart too, but its never used for that, thats what your guns are there for) Again against average marines, you are still looking at just 1-2 wounds in combat, and thats it.

Now im not a huge fan of mathhammer, infact i hate it, but these are just rougn numbers.

Against termies, probably the most common thing youll see with an Inv save, on average they should be about equal. But considering most things youll face dont have Inv saves, i just think the cheaper Staff is a better option.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast