1500 points krootsies, first try - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, Please delete this.

Sorry, Please delete this.

Last edited by Shadowelf; January 12th, 2008 at 17:11.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tis a good start. I have to say quite similar to allot of the first timer Kroot merc lists ive seen (however that’s not a bad thing since we all have the same ideas to start with )

However there are a few rules things that you have made mistakes with.

First off the Hunters. Unfortunately they are 0-1 so you cant have 2 choices of them. I know it Really sucks because i would LOVE 3 squads for all of my Heavy's!

2nd: Evicerators and Frag grenades just dont mix. If you have the evicerator no matter what happens your always hitting at I1 even if you assault into cover. So they are just wasted points at the moment. Not that its that big of a deal since they are only 4 points of your army. Im assuming that only the shapers in the squads have the grenades? If thats the case then its best to remove them and spend the points elsewhere (if you can).

3rd: Not so much a rules point but as Tactical one. The master shaper. First rule all kindred should learn is NEVER give a master shaper and Evicerator. He has the best Initiative in the army when given fast reflex's, giving him an evicerator just wrecks it. Also since he is a Independent Character he can be singled out in close combat. With T3 and a 5+ save you can just kiss goodbye to any chance he has of being effective during a assult with a MEQ. Go with a Melta and Power weapon or Power weapon, pistol and Melta bombs (for tank hunting). 5 I5 attacks (with the pistol combo) on the charge is nothing to sneeze at and it gives you a good chance to thin out those marines before they hit back with the rest of your squads

Another thing you might want to try is drop the main Kroot squads down to 16. You will probably find that 16 can do what 20 can just as well. This added with the loss of the 2nd Hunter squad gives you another squad of Basic Kroot that you can use as a 2nd wave assault/firebase.

Good luck with the army my friend. Welcome to a world of Frustrating leadership checks, uphill battles and no armour saves

Kroot FOREVER!
    Ah yes. You gotta love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Thanks for the information, didnt really see that 0-1 in the list. And the frag grenades were really just something more of a silly thing, as I didnt have enough points to do anything else with them, nada.

Will change the master shaper immediatly.

will rethink about the size of the armies, never played a horde army so I didnt knnow if I should just main for more bodies for them to strike at or not, but I suppose one more group with another shaper would be wonderful.

Thanks for the information.

Deleted the post because I thought of another list and thought you could votewar on those two.

+ Reply to Thread