Tyranid 2000pt Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranid 2000pt Army

I am kind of new to warhammer 40k, and I just realized that that other army list (nidzilla) looked alot like other armies I've seen on the internet. This one is my creation, only some influence from other armies I've seen.
    HQ
    Hive Tyrant- Winged, +1BS, +1S, Warpfield, TL-Devo, TL-Devo,- 196

Elites
    WarriorsX4- +1BS, +1S, +1Sv-117
    2XDeathspitter
    2XDevouerer
    WarriorsX4- +1BS, +1S, +1Sv-117
    2XDeathspitter
    2XDevouerer
    Carnifex- +1BS, TL-Devo, TL-Devo-113

Troops
    GenestealerX8- +1Sv-160
    GenestealerX8- +1Sv-160
    SpinegauntX21- 105
    SpinegauntX21- 105
    SpinegauntX21- 105
    SpinegauntX20- 100

Fast Attack
    GargoyleX10-120
    GargoyleX10-120
    RavenersX3- RC-120

Heavy Support
    Screamer_Destroyer- +1WS, +1Sv, +1T, +1W, +1In, +1S Toxic Miasma, ST, ST-185
    Shootafex- +1BS, +1Sv, Venomcannon, Barbed Strangler-173

TOTAL- 2000

Last edited by GH3_master; January 13th, 2008 at 17:40. Reason: Made Changes

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GH3_master View Post
    HQ
    Hive Tyrant- Winged, +1BS, +1S, +1Sv, TL-Devo, TL-Devo- 186

WarriorsX3- Winged, +1WS, +1In, +1Sv, +1S, ST, RC-141
    Quick note on these two; You can't take Extended Carapace and Winged. (Read the codex entry for Winged). If you want to beef up the Flyrant's save, consider Warp Field, since it also grants an invulnerable save. Other than that, can't go wrong with a Dakka Flyrant. I'm not sure how the Flying Warriors would perform, but I'm sure they'd do okay if you could get them there; the low save is the only concern.

Troops
    GenestealerX8- Scuttlers, Feeder Tendrils-160
    Normally I don't think people would suggest the Tendrils on the 'Stealers, but with the amount of stuff you want to get into assault, they make up for the lack of skill the other units have in assault compared to the 'Stealers.

I can guarantee people are going to complain about the CC 'Fex, but you'll just have to see if it works in your games or not. If it works, don't change it. If it doesn't, I'd probably consider maybe another Shootafex. Aside from rending, your list is a little short on the ability to take down heavy armor. (Your warriors max out at AV12) Rending 'can' take down armor, but it's not something you rely on. Sacs on the warriors might help, if you could spare the points. That way, you'd only have problems with Land Raiders and Monoliths. Other than that, the numbers or good, and it should work okay. I'm not the best authority on this stuff, being kind of new myself, but I hope I've made -some- good suggestions.
    [Thousand Sons]
    [Tyranids - Unnamed Hive Fleet]
    [Tau Empire]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

HQ
    Hive Tyrant- Winged, +1BS, +1S, +1Sv, TL-Devo, TL-Devo- 186
    Like the above guy said, you need warpfield if you are going to have a +1 save, not EC. Other than that it looks good.

Elites
    WarriorsX3- +1BS, +1S, +1Sv-94
    1XVenomcannon
    2XDevouerer
    WarriorsX3- +1BS, +1S, +1Sv-94
    1XVenomcannon
    2XDevouerer
    First off, warriors have to have 2 weapons on each of them. You can give them STs or if you read any of MVBrandt's posts, he'd probably suggest twinlinking the devourers and he has a good amount of experience with devourer warriors.

These are pretty odd squads. First off, the basic concept of them is fine, but I think that the Venom Cannons are being wasted here. I mean, the primary function of warrior with devourers are to kill troops and light tanks, while the VC is made for heavier stuff. I think it may be better to just take it out of the squad.

Carnifex- +1BS, TL-Devo, TL-Devo-113
    Looks good.

Troops
    SpinegauntX15- Scuttlers-114
    SpinegauntX14- Scuttlers-114
    Gaunts look fine. I like to run my stealers with Extended caraprace as they tend to get shot up pretty well by most basic guns. Personally I don't like scuttlers either, but that's more of a personal choice. They don't need feeder tendrils. The only reason they would need them is to boost the gaunt's WS, which may work, but I think it makes the stealers too expensive a unit.

Fast Attack
    GargoyleX20-240
    I'd split them into two units of 10.

WarriorsX3- Winged, +1WS, +1In, +1Sv, +1S, ST, RC-141
    Look okay if you can play the cover well.

Heavy Support
    Screamer_Destroyer- +1WS, +1Sv, +1T, +1W, +1In, Toxic Miasma, Fleshhooks, ST, ST-180
    CC fexes really aren't very good. They are to slow to be a real threat to most units and they also have too low I to deal with the units an opponent will send after them. They just won't do very well for the most part.

Shootafex- +1BS, +1Sv, Venomcannon, Barbed Strangler-173
    Good here.

TOTAL- 2000

The Hive Tyrant and winged warriors are obviously used to keep the speedy gaunts and gargs and Raveners in check, while the other warriors shoot from afar along with the shootafex. The fleshhooks are to fill in the extra 2 pts, please explain any faults and criticize as harshly as you wish. THANKS!!!
    Didn't see any raveners in the list. The warriors that you say are going to shoot from far should be VC and deathspitter squads if you want them to be long range. The advice I put up there was assuming they were dakka warriors primarily.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

+ Reply to Thread