First attempt 2000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First attempt 2000 points

Shadow raiders speed list
    2000 points

HQ

Dracon
    Splinter rifle
    Soul seeker ammo
    Poisoned blades
    Shadow field
    9 warriors
    Dark lance x2
    Raider
    Slave snares
    Night field
    Plasma grenades (all)

Troops
    Raider squad
    10 warriors
    Shredder
    Dark lance
    Raider
    Slave snares
    Night field

Raider squad
    10 warriors
    Shredder
    Dark lance
    Raider
    Slave snares
    Night field

Elites
    10 Mandrakes

Fast attack
    Reaver Jetbike squad
    10 jetbikes

Reaver Jetbike squad
    10 jetbikes

Hellions x10
    Upgrade one to succubus

Heavy support
    10 scourges
    4 dark lances

Ravager
    Night shield

Ravager
    Night shield

2000 total

My known enemies (for friendly games until I get the hang of 40k and dark eldar) Tau, Orks and maybe Black Templar. I may also drop a unit of jet bikes and get a haemonculus with stinger and scissorhand, 9 grotesques and a raider or just make it a 2250 list. So far all I own is a raider squad and the Dracon. Thank you for any help.

-crazyhorse

Last edited by crazyhorse; January 15th, 2008 at 17:44.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your are just starting out with 40K and Dark Eldar (DE), I suggest you start a point value much lower. 500Pt to get started with 40K by learning the basic rules. And 1500Pt to learn more about DE and how to use them. Personally, I'd start to learn about DE at 1000Pt, but anyone could argue that in the lower point games you can't win very much. Which is fine in my opinion because the goal is just trying to learn the game.

As for your list, need more close combat oriented units (more wyches).
    Help the kin TAKE your soul, I mean, take your soul...
    I play Vassal. I'm in V40K Open Ladder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All right im going to be honest with you, this list made me vomit.

hellions suck

scourges suck

remember you cant move and shoot heavy weapons so give raider squads splinter canon + blaster.

shredders suck.

never give your dracon a splinter rifle he HAS to either have a punisher or agoniser setup, unless you put him on a jetbike then power weapon could work.

soul seeker ammunition is garbage wargear as it can only be combined with a splinter pistol or blaster for dracon but its not worth -1 attack. if you really want a shooty dracon go for blaster with soul seeker then maybe if he kills a tank he will do something...

im not a fan of slave snares as i think their worthless.

night field only for ravagers, raider will be closing in anyway for blaster/rapid fire range but ravagers can try to stay out of range of some guns kind of, though i dont usually use any DE vehicle wargear except horrorfex and disentegrators.

mandrakes are not meant for serious play.

reaver jetbikes arent the best close combat squad, you could drop both of these for 2x wych squads.

i reccomend dropping scourges for 2 warriors squads of 10 with 2 dark lances.

ravagers cannot have all dark lances it just doesnt work, you need to keep it moving so give it 2 disentegrators and a dark lance or all disentegrators.

I wouldnt reccomend grotesques they dont perform too good, however i do reccomend some haemonculi on skyboards, with destructors you have some flamers with a 50% chance of ignoring marine armor.

I dont want to seem mean or something but this list isnt gonna win much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

@ Sesshomuronay

No need to be so hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
    Shadow raiders speed list
    2000 points

HQ

Dracon
    Splinter rifle
    Soul seeker ammo
    Poisoned blades
    Shadow field
    9 warriors
    Dark lance x2
    Raider
    Slave snares
    Night field
    Plasma grenades (all)

This list unit seems a bit grab bag. It seems to be built for both shooting and assaulting while doing neither effectively. You need to trim down this to a single role (either shooting or assaulting). Since it is your HQ squad I suggest assault since the archon is one of the best assault HQs in the game when upgraded. As the other guy said, poisoned blades are generally less then optimal unless you are fighting Nid-zilla lists at low point value games and need to skim points. Generally, the agonizer is the same thing since instead of wounding on a 2+ and dealing with a 3+ armor save, you 4+ to wound and don't deal with any armor save at all.

The reason I suggest against shooty is because the archon has some of the worst ranged ability of any HQ. Soulseeker ammunition is good as a point waster but not much else since our splinter guns have low AP and most things armor saves are better then their cover saves. In addition, the dark lances or the raider will go to waste since you can't move the raider with the guys inside and still fire the squads dark lances since it counts as moving for them. So either you are a sitting duck or you are wasting points. If you want a dark lance firing squad, get a non-raider warrior squad of 10 warriors with 2 dark lances and nothing else. Thats 100pts and does the same thing and doesn't waste the archon on something he isn't good at.

Warriors are ok for an assault list, just don't expect them to do anything other then act as extra wounds for the archon. I suggest making the dracon and archon (since it is a high point game) and giving him combat drugs. Don't worry about the wounding thing it does, it will rarely happen and matter even less often.

Troops
    Raider squad
    10 warriors
    Shredder
    Dark lance
    Raider
    Slave snares
    Night field

Raider squad
    10 warriors
    Shredder
    Dark lance
    Raider
    Slave snares
    Night field

The darklance + raider thing again, so I won't cover that much. Slave snares are fine although I've personally found them to be better on paper then in practice since things still get their armor save against it. Shredders are fine weapons if you are fighting against imperial guard with close order drill or bad players of any other army. A good player will spread his guys out so that you'll get at most guy. Even at that, since it doesn't have AP, they still get their armor save. A blaster in most situations is better since it has the same range and is useful against basically everything.

Elites
    10 Mandrakes

Mandrakes are, well... mandrakes. They have a cool deployment method but unless you are abusing it in some way, they aren't scary and don't do much. The most you'll get out of them is worrying an opponent that hasn't seen them before. Of all the elite choices we have, the only really good ones are Wyches and Warp beast packs. If you already bought your models and don't have either of those, you are probably better off not running them or switching to an army of shadows build (ie, only mandrakes on the field at the start of the game and then deep striking everything else).

Fast attack
    Reaver Jetbike squad
    10 jetbikes

Reaver Jetbike squad
    10 jetbikes

Nothing wrong with these, but i notice a lack of the succubus and you didn't give them any blasters. As it stands now, they are too generic to do a whole lot of good. A pair of blasters in each will make them excellent tank hunters (or terminator hunters) and a succubus armed with a power weapon or agonizer will make them great for striking down deep striking squads and attacking firing lines.

Hellions x10
    Upgrade one to succubus

These are one of those units that were good to decent in 3rd edition and then got nerfed a ton when 4th ed came out because of the change to rapid fire rules. As is, they look good on paper but don't do a whole lot in practice. Try them out, you may have better luck with them but you should probably cut them out for another jetbike squad or something else.

Heavy support
    10 scourges
    4 dark lances

Nothing wrong with this per se since I've seen them used well before. However, keep in mind that if you deep strike them in, they can't fire since they count as moving.

Ravager
    Night shield

Ravager
    Night shield

As the other guy said, you can't fire all the dark lances if you move. And if you don't move you die.

My known enemies (for friendly games until I get the hang of 40k and dark eldar) Tau, Orks and maybe Black Templar. I may also drop a unit of jet bikes and get a haemonculus with stinger and scissorhand, 9 grotesques and a raider or just make it a 2250 list. So far all I own is a raider squad and the Dracon. Thank you for any help.
    Grotesques aren't that great and I suggest against them. Yeah, they have two wounds but the lack of an armor save REALLY hurts. The stinger is also a weapon that s better on paper then in practice and you should replace it with a destructor.

Against orks you want LOTS of fire power: Not high strength, just lots of shots because there should be a ton of them (expecially at this point value). Against black templar, have fun. They are short range and you have better assault guys and better shooting. If they field a Land Raider Crusader try to trick him in to placing it on one of the corners of the map and then stay far away from it since it will be hard for you to kill.

I wouldnt reccomend grotesques they dont perform too good, however i do reccomend some haemonculi on skyboards, with destructors you have some flamers with a 50% chance of ignoring marine armor.
    The haemonculi on the skyboard doesn't work since you can only equip guys on skyboards with the glaives and haemonculi can't equip glaves since they aren't haemonculi weapons.
    /WHAO/TH-/HEL/DAO/KWRAO/TH*EUPBG/KWR-/PH-/STPH
    /TP-/KWRAO/K-/RAOED/THEUS/THEPB/WAOE/SH-D/KHAT/SPHAOEUPL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toloran View Post
    @ Sesshomuronay

The haemonculi on the skyboard doesn't work since you can only equip guys on skyboards with the glaives and haemonculi can't equip glaves since they aren't haemonculi weapons.
    actually it does work, it doesnt say they have to take hellglaives and by all means they can have skyboards with a destructor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomuronay View Post
    actually it does work, it doesnt say they have to take hellglaives and by all means they can have skyboards with a destructor.

Oops, sorry. I was remembering it backwards: If you have a hellglaive you must have a skyboard but not the other way around.
    /WHAO/TH-/HEL/DAO/KWRAO/TH*EUPBG/KWR-/PH-/STPH
    /TP-/KWRAO/K-/RAOED/THEUS/THEPB/WAOE/SH-D/KHAT/SPHAOEUPL

+ Reply to Thread