1,500 tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

1,500 tournament

Dark Eldar Army: 1,500pts

Uminekh’s Cosairs - Kabal of the Twisted Breath

HQ

Archon of the Twisted Breath: Reaver Jetbike, Hellmask, Shadow Field, Combat Drugs, Tormentor Helm, Power Weapon, Animus Vitae, Gruesome Talisman [187pts]

ELITE

Wych Squad from the Cult of the Chained Wyrms: 8 Wyches w/Splinter Pistol, Wych Weapons, 2x Blaster. Succubus with Trophy Rack, Agoniser [225pts]
    +
    Raider with Night Shield

Beast Pack from the Cult of the Chained Wyrms [75pts]

TROOPS

Twisted Breath Warrior Squad 1 of 10 Warriors w2x Dark Lance [100pts]
    Twisted Breath Warrior Squad 2 of 10 Warriors w2x Dark Lance [100pts]

Twisted Breath Warrior Squad 3 of 14 Warriors: 2x Blaster, 2x Splinter Cannon, Sybarite with Splinter Pistol & Agoniser [178pts]

Twisted Breath Warrior Squad 4 of 12 Warriors: 2x Blaster, 2x Splinter Cannon, Sybarite with Splinter Pistol & Poisoned Blades [137pts]

FAST

Wych Jetbike Squad from the Cult of the Chained Wyrms: 6 Reavers, 2x Blaster. Succubus with Goblet of Spite, Hellmask, Tormentor Helm and Power Weapon [216pts]

HEAVY

Twisted Breath Ravager with 3x Disintegrators [140pts]
    Twisted Breath Ravager with 3x Disintegrators [140pts]

1,500pts

The Archon’s Gruesome Talisman was bought because I had 2pts left to spend. Having said that, it could come in useful.

I debated between a Reaver Lord or Lord with small Incubi retinue in Raider. The deciding factor was the Reaver Lord’s ability to move quickly round the table, supporting any of my units. He likes to ‘reach out and touch people’.

Please don’t tell me to lose the Night Shields. I find them incredibly good value, and always use them in 40k games (but not so much in Apocalypse).

Although Hellmasks are not much use against very high Ld opponents, they are very useful against many enemies (% chance to fail Ld9 = 16.66%, Ld8 = 27.77%, Ld7 = 44.44%).

The Goblet of Spite is a must for a Reaver squad who will Assault, especially helping the Succubus to land a few decent hits.

As ever, I welcome comment and criticism for the list.

Lord Ramon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like this list. You can only have 1 Hellmask though in the army.

Are you using your Lord in conjunction with the Reavers or having him run around and assaulting whatever you Warriors/Wyches ran into?

I dont use Night Shields that often in any build I have looked at, but if they are successful for you then by all means. I also have rarely used Warp Beasts but it seems that alot of folks do so I need to look into that.

What tourny are you looking into entering?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem having more than one hell mask though there is another problem with this setting if im not wrong, but that'll be apparent after Lord Ramon rereads his dear codex.

My opinionis or corrections in this case

1. Your Archon is illegal.

2. Reread the information about tormentor helm and goblet of spite does, and then please reply if you still actually think its worth having those, because then I will tell you why they are useless.

3. Raiders are doomed to crash, and just think about it, you are trying to deploy a CC unit into enemy territory how much do you think 6" will help against the anti veh. weapons. - Put those on the ravagers, simply said, why trying to protect a 55 point vehicle when you have 140 point vehicle that can actually use those 6" against the anti vehicle weapons.

4. Don't really know about the beast pack try to avoid them when not doing a WWP army, but thats perfectly up to you, if you have the confidence to get them to CC unharmed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stand corrected, read the codex wrong about the masks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowelf View Post
    1. Your Archon is illegal.
    Archon illegal because it has more then 100pts of wargear on it.

2. Reread the information about tormentor helm and goblet of spite does, and then please reply if you still actually think its worth having those, because then I will tell you why they are useless.
    I'm curious about you opinion.
    Help the kin TAKE your soul, I mean, take your soul...
    I play Vassal. I'm in V40K Open Ladder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont like the wych blasters they probably wont get a chance to shoot em.
    im not a fan of goblet of spites or night shields.
    6" doesnt do much.
    Archons illegal.
    i like warpbeasts ill pay 75 points even though they probably wont do much, but usually theres other things my opponent could be shooting at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I'd like to know as well. I understand why the goblet is bad (since more attacks hitting + more attacks hitting you balances out but not for its point cost) but not the helm. The helm is quite good and it is the only way for a jetbike to get an additional close combat attack.
    /WHAO/TH-/HEL/DAO/KWRAO/TH*EUPBG/KWR-/PH-/STPH
    /TP-/KWRAO/K-/RAOED/THEUS/THEPB/WAOE/SH-D/KHAT/SPHAOEUPL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The goblet is horrible because not only do YOU hit on X+'s, but so do the enemy!!

Given that you probably won't kill all of whatever it was you assaulted, the goblet is a bad idea, as most people can only hit wyches on 4's or worse.

It has it's uses when combined with haywire grenades for attacking monoliths, but that's it :/
    If I've replied, i've probably used Italics...

www.goodbyeboltgun.blogspot.com - Some of my stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I'm becoming unsure about the hell mask tormentor helm problem, as nobody else seems to find any problem with it. I have read somewhere, can't find it now (perfect), and maybe I'm thinking about some other army. So it has becomed a question to myself: can you have both hell mask and tormentor helm on the same character, it just sounds wierd to me as they are both headgear, Bah! I don't know anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Now I'm becoming unsure about the hell mask tormentor helm problem, as nobody else seems to find any problem with it. I have read somewhere, can't find it now (perfect), and maybe I'm thinking about some other army. So it has becomed a question to myself: can you have both hell mask and tormentor helm on the same character, it just sounds wierd to me as they are both headgear, Bah! I don't know anymore.

It is a bit weird, but perfectly legal. The ones you can't have at the same time are the Hell Mask, Mask of the Damned, and Vexantrope since they are all masks. I'm thinking the helm is just an open faced helm if you want a fluff reason why its ok.
    /WHAO/TH-/HEL/DAO/KWRAO/TH*EUPBG/KWR-/PH-/STPH
    /TP-/KWRAO/K-/RAOED/THEUS/THEPB/WAOE/SH-D/KHAT/SPHAOEUPL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast