1500pt GT Ork Biker Army (ONLY 22 MODELS) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

1500pt GT Ork Biker Army (ONLY 22 MODELS)

‘Da Medal Eadz’

“Wez da badest ad da ardest riderz in da galaxy”

--HQ--
    140 – Warboss Krug Hellraizer: Power Klaw, Slugga, Bike, Cyborg Body and a Boss Pole

140 – Warboss Kor Hellscreamer: Power Klaw, Slugga, Bike, Cyborg Body and a Boss Pole

--TROOPS--
    604 - Krug’s Nob Riderz: 5 with Power Klawz, 4 with Choppaz and 1 Painboy all have cybork bodies (except the Painboy), stikkbombs and a Waaagh Banner.

604 - Kor’s Nob Riderz: 5 with Power Klawz, 4 with Choppaz and 1 Painboy all have cybork bodies (except the Painboy), stikkbombs and a Waaagh Banner.

Total Pts: 1488
    T.Number: 22

Now some of you may think I’m crazy but your looking at some of the most resilient Orks in the galaxy 4+ cover and armour save, 5+ Invulnerable when I hit combat and feel no pain. Add that to the Tribe’s speed and agility and you’ve got a nasty army there. Also what should I spend the last 12 pts on?

Your thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally like the nob bike armies. But why not drop 2 klaws in each squad and the big choppas for some DeffKoptas. Honestly 2 Klaws in each squad is enough. 10 attacks on charge hurts. No including the 40 St5 WS5 normal attacks going them.

Its a fun list, I have been playing a 1850 point version.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Just a thought

I know this isn't what you were going for with the army, but since you're spending 220 points on cybork bodies, you might as well take Mad Doc Grotznik.

I'd drop one of the HQ bikes (the one without the bosspole...who should be 5 points more than the other, right?) and replace him with the Mad Doc.

All your cybork upgrades will be 5 points instead of 10, giving the Doc a net cost of 50 points.

I'd then drop 2 PK's and 3 Big Choppas out of each of the bike mob, and use the points to add a mob of slugga boyz, with a PK nob leading it. I'd start with the Mad Doc attached to this unit, giving you a slower, but no less scary, mob of slugga boyz, all with feel no pain, a PK nob, and the mad doc, who is a CC monster.

This would change the list to this:

HQ:

140- Boss on warbike, with PK, slugga, boss pole, cybork

160- Mad Doc Grotznik

Troop:

489- 9 Nob riders w/3 PK, 1 Choppa, 1 painboy, stikk, banner, cybork on all except painboy

489- 9 Nob riders w/3 PK, 1 Choppa, 1 painboy, stikk, banner, cybork on all except painboy

215- 29 Slugga Boyz and 1 Nob w/ PK

I think this will take some of the pressure off your bikes, who will otherwise be taking a LOT of shots every turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you considered taking Wazzdaka Gutsmek as one of your HQs? If you do, regular bikers will be troops choices, and that way you can fit more models in the army. Plus, he's got a sick gun strapped to his upgraded bike.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

I approve

Quote Originally Posted by craftman2 View Post
    Have you considered taking Wazzdaka Gutsmek as one of your HQs? If you do, regular bikers will be troops choices, and that way you can fit more models in the army. Plus, he's got a sick gun strapped to his upgraded bike.
    This is probably an even better idea than the mad doc. Or you could also combine both ideas and get a fairly well rounded army.

Of course, the more well rounded it is, the further it is from your original idea, but no matter how tough your guys are, you're going to have trouble if you only have 2-3 units on the board to shoot at. That's a lot of shot coming at you.

In any case, if you change one of the warbosses into Wazzdakka, and change at least one of your teams of nob bikers into two or more regular bike mobz with a PK nob, I think you're going to have a far more versatile army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

454 (x7)

2 Warbosses dey muzt be

I did consider that ace biker character I mean how could i not with such a weapon, but the problem is to take squad of nobs for a Troops choice i need a warboss. Therefore 2 Warbosses for 2 Nobs Squads to fill the Troops requirement.

Can Grotsnik take a bike?
    and
    Do you think I've got to many power claws instead of choppas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run 2 squads of 9 nobs on bikes w/2 klaws, both banners, pain boy and sometimes cyborks and sometimes not. But I found that with the 2 klaws w/ 8-10 attacks depending on charge and the 28-35 regular attacks I had no problem killing things. Plus you have your 6-7 klaw attacks from your warboss's. That is more then enough klaw attacks. But that is just my opinion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Proiteus View Post

Can Grotsnik take a bike?

Unfortunately, no, which is why I mentioned putting them with a footslogging team of slugga boyz. I wasn't aware about the warboss/nob squad requirement, which does limit things.

Between the choice of exchanging a warboss and a unit of biker nobz, for either the Mad doc + footsloggers, or wazzdakka + regular bike mobz, I think the wazzdakka idea is better.

If you don't want to change it that much, then I still think you should at least cut out some powerclaws and throw in another unit, to take some of the pressure off your other squads. They don't have to destroy much, they just have to take some of the focus away from your bikes.

Personally, I'd add up to three cheap looted wagons, with nothing except 2 big shootas and a red paint job each (50 points a pop), to run right up the middle, provide cover for your bikes, and serve as giant, screaming targets for your opponent to shoot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

454 (x7)

Less Klaws

After removing 3 of the power klaws from each of the Nob Riderz to make them much more suitable for cutting down squads before they attack back I now have a few choices on how to spend the 150pts…

-- 10 Lootas to support the warbikes and drawn fire away from them.
    -- 3 Looted Wagons to shield the bikers from shooting.
    -- A Kommando Unit Led by Skinot to sneak round and take care of enemy ordnance one of the only threats to this army.
    -- Or something else feel free to suggest?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

A problem with snikrot

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Proiteus View Post
    After removing 3 of the power klaws from each of the Nob Riderz to make them much more suitable for cutting down squads before they attack back I now have a few choices on how to spend the 150pts…

-- 10 Lootas to support the warbikes and drawn fire away from them.
    -- 3 Looted Wagons to shield the bikers from shooting.
    -- A Kommando Unit Led by Skinot to sneak round and take care of enemy ordnance one of the only threats to this army.
    -- Or something else feel free to suggest?

I personally like the 3 Looted Wagons, simply because it'll provide a distraction, give cover, and not be easy to deal with. Even if the other side is filled with ordnance and lascannons, it'll be a lot harder to deal with than a single unit.

The Lootas will also work, but you might want to consider fielding two units of five, instead of one unit of ten. They'll be more flexible, and also be one more unit your opponent has to deal with. Overall, they're the more aggressive choice, and the wagons are more defensive. It depends what you feel you need.

I'm not sure why Kommandos with Snikrot would be good against ordnance. For 145 points you could field him with 6 kommandos, but he doesn't have a powerclaw. They'll all have stikkbombs, but that doesn't exactly make them deadly. You could take a nob with a claw, instead of Snikrot, but then you can't come out on their edge. Snikrot is really meant for fighting shooty infantry, not armor.

I'm not sure why you're that afraid of ordnance anyway, to be honest. Bikes have a 4+ invulnerable save, and they're a fairly big models, so as long as you space them out well, it's very difficult to catch too many of them in the blast. Just stay out of sight, attack the ordance quickly, or even better yet, get into close combat as soon as possible, so they can't target you. That's the best way to deal with ordnance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast